Looking to make the switch to MPB style

• Thread starter Sunshinegrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sunshinegrower

I have been growing in soil for way too long. I want to make the switch to MPB style. I'm basically planning on copying a few setups on here into one. I have two flower rooms so I'm not too worried about anything. What should I watch out for? I'm going to build a 4-8 site at first for the 10'x10'x6'9" room. With my ceilings being so low what is a great way to deal with the drains? What is a good chiller that will allow it to grow with me as my sites get bigger? Any pointers would help before I start the build.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Sunshinegrower,
I am a big MPB fan, and I gotta say that with your ceiling height, you should look to a DWC system. It doesn't require the same height as the MPB with all of the drains, and it's rez setup. You could have plants that are 5' tall with the DWC. Otherwise with a MPB you are looking at maybe 3.5' tall plants, max. Also I would say a 4 site DWC with 5 lights would be most appropriate for the size. If you want a chiller to grow on, go for a 1/2HP, although truthfully you might be good with just a 1/4 for the 4 plants.

S

Sunshinegrower

Sunshinegrower,
I am a big MPB fan, and I gotta say that with your ceiling height, you should look to a DWC system. It doesn't require the same height as the MPB with all of the drains, and it's rez setup. You could have plants that are 5' tall with the DWC. Otherwise with a MPB you are looking at maybe 3.5' tall plants, max. Also I would say a 4 site DWC with 5 lights would be most appropriate for the size. If you want a chiller to grow on, go for a 1/2HP, although truthfully you might be good with just a 1/4 for the 4 plants.

Yeah I know I have a small ceiling height, but I can cut hole into the floor for the drains plus I was going to install the res into the ground. So basically the buckets will be sitting 2" off the floor from the farthest point of the res. Thanks for the ideas, but I'm already kinda set in my mind with this setup. Plus I think I'll be moving soon enough to a better spot with higher ceilings so I would like to get this dial in. How do you veg your plants for the MPB style?

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Well, if you can get 5' of height from the tops of your tubs, you should be able to make it. I don't blame you for liking the mpb. As far as veg, my setup is a 2x4 ebb and flow tray with a 600mh which I will just be hand watering the coco pots till roots come through. Then they will go into the net pots, and into 5 gallon buckets with a top feed. I am thinking of trying easypleasie's hybrid veg buckets. You should check out his veg setup. then from there into the mpb room. 1 week to get adjusted, then the flip.

Top Bottom