looking to optimize my hand water method....

• Thread starter cheyenne
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cheyenne

so for years and years i mix up 5 gal. of nutes, transfer out to a 1/2 gal container for measurement and then into my watering can, repeat ad infinitum.....yeah its a pain in the ass. im looking for something that i can maybe wear on my back, that has a few feet of reach with the wand and can have the flow metered....whatcha got?

C

cheyenne

They do? I giess i just havnt seen anything that will meter an exact discharge...

J

joekush

what I like is I have a 70 gal rez that I use with a pump that let's yoou adjust the flow a hose and a watering wand save me tons on time I use to water with multiple 2 gallon water containers just too much work plus during the winter you can get a 300 watt heater for your tank to make your water the right temp.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Last night I came up with a trick. I can't carry 40lbs on my back or shoulders anymore, I'm rather limited nowadays. What also REALLY kills me is having to constantly bend over or remaining bent or crouched. With long hair that can be difficult to control in the wind tunnel I've turned my flower room into, I had to find a solution to reaching all the way back to the girls in the rear for watering.

Enter Piece of PVC with Elbow, and the Plastic Milk Jug. Just cut the jug so that you have the handle and spout, and, ok, I duct taped it to the PVC but gluing and taping might be better, but in any event, there ya go. Just put one end where you need the feed to end up, you've got a generously sized funnel that helps keep splashes where they belong, no more bending over except to check and see that it's in the right place, et voila.

Next year it's gonna be automation time. Fertigation seems to be the best solution to ensuring all girls get an equal measure.

X

Xceptional

just figure out which automated flow method (pressurized backpack, utility pump in res with garden hose and wand etc) will work best then put your 1/2 gal container on the floor and count the number of seconds it takes to fill that 1/2 gal with your new rig. do that and then just point and count that number of seconds for each plant, simple :)

C

cheyenne

just figure out which automated flow method (pressurized backpack, utility pump in res with garden hose and wand etc) will work best then put your 1/2 gal container on the floor and count the number of seconds it takes to fill that 1/2 gal with your new rig. do that and then just point and count that number of seconds for each plant, simple :)[/QUOTE

word, thats pretty much what i was leaning towards, i was just unsure if there wasnt something out there i wasnt seeing that was self metered.
I have been hemming and hawing over setting up a drip system out of 55ga drum on gravity feeds, but i feel i would need to set one up for each strain i work as they all have widely varying needs.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
just figure out which automated flow method (pressurized backpack, utility pump in res with garden hose and wand etc) will work best then put your 1/2 gal container on the floor and count the number of seconds it takes to fill that 1/2 gal with your new rig. do that and then just point and count that number of seconds for each plant, simple :)

word - thats exactly how I do, just like pouring cocktails!

Top Bottom