Looking To Pull The Trigger On A Cls

• Thread starter DemonTrich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

so after 2x getting ripped off by shady ass wax makers in the last 9 months, its time to start making my own wax from now on. the 2x ive been ripped off, my losses would have covered a nicely well built CLS system. so with all the closed loop systems out there, ALOT are shady as hell, blow up, shoddy welding and manufacturing, its very difficult to find a system that's worth it.

if your running a CLS or know of quality units, please chime in. I don't plan on doing a big operation, only running my material (usually about 3x1gal bags stuffed, and my cbd plant, and a buddies). I already have a 5cfm 2 stage vac, and a 3gal chamber for purging and heat mat.

thanks everyone.

M

Mr SG

extraction tek from Colorado have great quality. but with great quality is a bigger price cost about 20,000

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

sorry, im not a commercial grower. I only do this for myself and 5 patients. id buy a new car for 20k before dropping it on a cls system. but thanks

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

if you're only producing for 5 patients, you might as well do open blasts. Is there any reason you need a closed loop?

closed loop systems are designed for only 1 thing - keeping the operator safe. They aren't made to recycle butane or produce a specific product.

Butane will extract and retain many different compounds including sulphur dioxide, chlorophyl, mold nanospores, pesticides, and free heavy metals. You can make wax, shatter, or even sap with an open blast - there are multiple guides on this forum about it. As long as you follow basic rules you won't be in danger and you can make a product that rivals and in most cases (because of dirty butane) is better than what comes out of a cls.

all that being said ETS is king. look into it.

W

Word

Try emeraldgoldextractors.com ....newer company selling mkIII closed loop extraction systems. Best prices I've seen from a USA seller.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Sorry, for personal protection I prefer a closed loop.

for sure. if safety is a concern you definitely shouldn't get a budget unit, hell i'd rather open blast than use a ghetto closed loop where all my temperature exchange was done with a bucket of ice. I've seen the product from those machines go both ways but more often than not the oil is incredibly dirty because of how poorly the butane is cycled.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Sorry, for personal protection I prefer a closed loop.

There are other ways to ensure personal protection.

For example there are air exchange fans that are made for use in flammable/explosive environments. That will not ignite vapors.

Explosion/ignition proof lights etc.

Maybe a grounding mat to stand on to prevent static discharge/buildup.

If worried about breathing it in.

You could use a respirator with proper cartridges, or an air supplied line.

There is more than 1 way to skin a cat.

What exact dangers are you trying to protect yourself from? (If not already listed)

So we can better help you.

Last edited:
Graywolf

Graywolf

A closed loop system needn't cost a fortune, and if your needs are modest, I would suggest a closed loop extraction system.

Check out the DIY Lil Terp design that you can piece together from off the shelf parts now at places like Glacier Tank:
https://skunkpharmresearch.com/passive-butane-extractor-and-reclaimer/ .

http://www.glaciertanks.com/

It isn't just safer to operate, it is also cheaper to operate, doesn't contribute as much to ground smog, or environmental damage obtaining and refining the butane in the first place.

A feature that appeals to me, is the ability to pre-distill all of my butane to remove the mystery oil before using it to extract medications.

Latest posts

Top Bottom