Looking to start making BHO

• Thread starter Kevii
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kevii

Kevii

Hi guys,

I don't know if this is cool to post like this, but I'll give some intro. I have a chem background and pursuing Pharmacy as a career, but I have become very interested in the types of methods to extract the cannabinoids and other active chemicals in MMJ.

What happened is recently I have come across what some would call "Solventless" wax. It had a honey-like consistency and hit like a truck. I was directed to this site and saw a thread about it being made from a Terpenator.

Now I was wondering, if I have high quality trim, would building/buying a closed loop extraction system give me the best results/yield? I know that coming in with no experience blasting might sound crazy, but I really want the best stuff I can make without an insane time investment. I have money to build or buy a system, I just want to know what the ROI will be if I do invest in one (Grams/Lb trim)

I was looking at the terpenator, subzero closed loop extraction (seems like prebuilt closed loop), and tamisium. My question is, without any machining experience, would it be better to just build my own closed loop system or buy a pre made system and start using it?

Sorry if this seems like a giant wall of text, I'm new and just excited. I can take criticism and am open to learning anything if I am pointed anywhere. Currently I have skunkpharm bookmarked and will be reading it once my tests are over.

Thanks for reading

Kcar

Kcar

The Terpenator is an awesome machine. Also check out BHOgart extractors.

Kevii

Kevii

Im in the process of talking to a machinist to try to make a terpenator. I read in a previous post that the final cost of everything is around 3k? I think thats from the pump to recycle the butane and stuff since the cost on the website is much lower than that.

Weeee I cant wait to get this all started. Maybe I'll do a build log or something when it goes down.

Graywolf

Graywolf

Even with machining and welding expertise, I take my lids and injection tee to a local machinist and local welder, because it is pretty simple and doesn't cost much, with their nicer equipment.

Kevii

Kevii

mmmm, with a closed loop system, Im supposed to run regular canned butane and distill the n-tane for runs, and then put the plant material in and run it with the refrigerant pump ? On the recovery chamber side, i can put the recover tank in a hot water bath ? Are there tricks to controlling the temperature like a reflux reaction?

Are there different temperatures the recovery material can be purged at to produce different results?

OilHead

OilHead

Im in the process of talking to a machinist to try to make a terpenator. I read in a previous post that the final cost of everything is around 3k? I think thats from the pump to recycle the butane and stuff since the cost on the website is much lower than that.

Weeee I cant wait to get this all started. Maybe I'll do a build log or something when it goes down.

YES! BUILD LOG! Would love to see your process!

gliders420

gliders420

what happened here dammit?!?!

why does all my research lead me to half done threads! =p

Sorry thcfarmer for being a thread necromancer (thats the dude that raises other dudes from the dead right?)

Top Bottom