Looking to switch nutes

• Thread starter hiimhere
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hiimhere

hiimhere

I feel as though I've matured past the point of the keep it simple stupid approach. I was using the lucas formula and it was treating me nicely, but I'm looking for suggestions on what you guys think is the BEST nutes. I see a lot of people saying Advanced Nutrients is the best, I also see a lot of people saying it's over priced water. Either way I'm looking to maximize my potential and willing to step into big boy territory, which some more complex regimens. I'm going to be running GSC, 818 Headband and Fire OG.

Thanks in advance for any input!

Power OG

Power OG

hello, i am running the cc 818headband myself, im using a combo. check out hydroponic research , its a three part system, dirty veg+bloom,+life,+size. three part powder and im absolutley loving it. i also use "Nectar for the gods" advanced line up, and i have to say impressed with there line, but they will tell you that they dnt make nutrients for yield, but for quality and flavor,potency. so im using both mainly dirty veg+bloom line but every third feed i hit them with some nectar for gods. and im pretty sure you can get a sample of both if u pay shipping. holla and id be more than happy to get u pointed in rite direction

Tnelz

Tnelz

So just my opinion. Advanced gets hated on and u don't need everything they sell but it will do what it's supposed to. Been using it forever and I have no complaints. House and garden is also pretty good as is what my bro pog suggested. Just for the record if u r dialed in with what u r using I'd consider staying with it. But I feel what ur saying. I've used quite a few different things. Honestly I've just recently tried heads method for Coco and it rocked so kind of going backwards. Look into medmans stuff. Using house and garden Coco a+b for a base and meds stuff for additives currently and liking what I'm seeing. Good luck bro!

hiimhere

hiimhere

Thanks a ton for the replies! Yeah the lucas is decent and easy, but the response I always get is "that's pretty good." I'm looking for "wow that melted my face off." I'm also glad to see responses that weren't "learn to use google." Definitely looking into Hydroponic Research.

mayonnaise

mayonnaise

This might not be the answer you are looking for but here it goes. If you want that melt your face off crop it is much less about your brand of nutes and way more about genetics IMO. I've been in the midst of some truly awesome grows and they were done with some very basic nute regiments. Any of the well known lines can be used to produce awesome results. It's a matter of finding the one that fits your style/ needs the best. Try getting enough of a couple different products to do a single run and compare in house. I used flora nova for years with great success but got tired of the mixing and sludgy nature of the product so I did a comparison of a few different lines and realized the cheapest one was just as good as the most expensive. Genetics #1 conditions such as temp, humidity, air circulation etc. #2 nute regiment #3. Still important, don't get me wrong, but you gotta let your style dictate what direction to go in. If you can afford it try out a bunch, you may turn into a mad scientist and find that a combo of lines works the best for you. Now I'm just rambling so I will end it at that. Good luck I'm sure you will find your combo out there.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Just for the record all these brothers are beyond knowledgeable so ur in good hands. Mayonnaise hit the nail on the head though. Ur environment and ur genetics are way more important. Like I said I've used everything under the sun and to be honest it's all pretty much the same. My last grow was a nl plant using heads formula in Coco with a little Kool bloom added and it was one of my best plants ever. Here are a few pics. that's grown in Coco being fed 6 MLS of micro 9 MLS of bloom and 1/4 tsp Epsom salt with some Kool bloom once in a while.
20140326 163416
20140326 163437
A microbe tea once a week.Easy peezy. So iit's not what u use but how u use it and what u use it on. Lol. So trial and error and u will find what it looking for! That veg+bloom dirty is awesome. Look at urbanfogs threads. Sick bro! Again good luck bro!

Tmb

hiimhere

hiimhere

Mayo, any answer you want to give me is an answer I'm looking for! I appreciate all input and try to take what I can and improve from everyone's experience and suggestions.

Yeah, previously I've ran a couple Cali Connection strains (Alien OG, Original Sour Diesel) also ran White Fire when those were obtainable. I think I started with some good genetics and I always start with my own seeds don't take the word of random cuttings. Just looking to try and improve on the genetics I'm working with. The environment is always a work in progress, I'm hoping to automate as much climate control as possible so that I can fully dial it in.

Tnelz, great looking plants!

Top Bottom