Looks Like Broad Mite Damage

• Thread starter Savage Henry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Looks like broad mite damage
Working in the veg room this evening when I noticed this ugly looking growth on all my blueberry bubblegum girls.
Been growing back and forth with broad mites for months now and finally used research and experience to hit em where it hurts and it's been working quite well, been scoping quite a bit and their numbers have been knocked back by roughly 90% or so.
In fact I hadn't seen any for about two weeks until a week ago when they started ransacking my cinex x nw coffee girls. Those ladies had been nothing but broad mite magnets so I ditched them all once and for all.

So anyway, saw this damage today and plucked the 3 of the worst looking tops off of 3 different plants. Scoped the hell out of them and found only 1 broad mite.

Now, in the past when I've seen this specific brand of damage I'll scope and the damaged bits were swarming with broad mites.

So now I'm a bit confused, and have a few theories:

Damage from the broad mite toxins may take time to appear visually on the plant after their first bitten.

I added 1/325mg aspirin/gal to the Rez when I watered yesterday. The problem got noticeably worse between then and when I snapped this pic.

Possibly just overfeesing, been hitting em with pbp grow and the additives as per botanicares feed chart, 1.8-1.9 ec total. Growth has been excellent.

Also read about someone with a similar problem and someone suggested it could be fusarium. Need to do some research on that.

Anyways, input from the community is greatly appreciated. Also noteworthy is I haven't sprayed anything for 3 weeks and even the. It was just azamax. Been giving the girls weekly applications of n fallacis, Cucumeris, and scimitus 3 weeks in a row, this was my first bi-week. Also, I'm gonna do a slurry test for ec/ph tomorrow. Unfortunately noticed the problem after I watered.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Nothing to add, I'm tagging along to see what comes of this.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Thanks for stopping by, sea.

Did a slurry test on both the affected strain and the purple blue Magoo vegging alongside it.

Came out to 0.8ec on the blueberry x bubblegum and 1.3 on the PBM. Nutes going in were at 1.8. Makes sense because the PBM is looking healthier.

So under feeding appears to be the culprit. What a relief. They're getting flipped tonight and starting the multi feeds w/drippers. And on Thursday I'll introduce another 75-100k Cucumeris. So all should be well.

I have a broad mite control thread on here I haven't updated in a couple months, been waiting until I have something solid for people to read instead of just experiments. all goes well I'll put up my ipm tactics in detail.

Latest posts

Top Bottom