Looks like the start of mold

• Thread starter Zunk99
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zunk99

Zunk99

Looking for any guidance on steps to take on this if the mold returns. So far I’ve cut everything off that had anything that looked like this. Going to check daily for returning mold. So what is one to do. I’ve heard hydrogen peroxide is a solution and a last ditch effort to save would be a burn sulfur which will make it taste bad.

Looks like the start of mold
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Looking for any guidance on steps to take on this if the mold returns. So far I’ve cut everything off that had anything that looked like this. Going to check daily for returning mold. So what is one to do. I’ve heard hydrogen peroxide is a solution and a last ditch effort to save would be a burn sulfur which will make it taste bad.
pretty sure i still see it on your plants..
i’d spray with a 3-5% strength mix of hydrogen peroxide and water, let sit after spraying for 5 mins than i’d crank the fans on high like a wind storm for 30 mins at least, i’d even spray the inside of the tent/floor..
even at harvest wash the buds before drying/curing..
wpm is evil, can spread easily to other plants and can survive very easily for a long time, so a major!!! clean up is needed after the grow is finished..

Zunk99

Zunk99

pretty sure i still see it on your plants..
i’d spray with a 3-5% strength mix of hydrogen peroxide and water, let sit after spraying for 5 mins than i’d crank the fans on high like a wind storm for 30 mins at least, i’d even spray the inside of the tent/floor..
even at harvest wash the buds before drying/curing..
wpm is evil, can spread easily to other plants and can survive very easily for a long time, so a major!!! clean up is needed after the grow is finished..
Yea this was before I trimmed it all off. Was just showing the before pic. What’s a good ratio of peroxide to water?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
say about 3-5% strength and soak everything, but what’s your growing medium?

Zunk99

Zunk99

say about 3-5% strength and soak everything, but what’s your growing medium?
Fox farms ocean forest. I mean how much water do I mix with the 3-5% peroxide? Like 1 part peroxide to 2 parts water or 1:1?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Fox farms ocean forest. I mean how much water do I mix with the 3-5% peroxide? Like 1 part peroxide to 2 parts water or 1:1?
ok i buy 29% strength h2o2 and mix it down with water.
have to find a stronger strength you can mix down and good to get at least a one gallon jug.
i’d also cover the soil with something to prevent the h2o2 mix from getting in there.

Zunk99

Zunk99

ok i buy 29% strength h2o2 and mix it down with water.
have to find a stronger strength you can mix down and good to get at least a one gallon jug.
i’d also cover the soil with something to prevent the h2o2 mix from getting in there.
Thank you!

Zunk99

Zunk99

I was just confused as to what you meant. You meant a dilution in the percentage of 3-5%. Gonna blast them babies tonight!

Zunk99

Zunk99

It's a herbicide at 12%. I wiped out some PM covered weeds outside with just that. The PM fizzed, and the plant seemed fine the next day. A couple more days, and I realised it had in fact killed it. As it should of.
I say this as a guide to what you might get away with.

PM is everywhere. The fact it can grow on your plants, indicates a different issue. Generally RH and airflow concerns.
Yea I’m dumbfounded. I have two fans blowing on top and one underneath and my RH is never above 50%(my personal preference to avoid this. Also a 6 inch inline on full blast.

Zunk99

Zunk99

Do you think your air is a bit gammy? Carrying in some organic gunk that's on the leaf, feeding the PM.
I can't induce it with RH or poor air. I just get rot. It's only in cellars where I ever had PM indoors. Where you could smell is wasn't right anyway.
I don’t think so. I have three other tents in the same room and no issues with them. So far this was my most successful grow without any issues. Something was bound to happen lol. Hopefully it doesn’t come
Back

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
you’ll more than likely have to give them a good h2o2 spray every 4/5 days till finished, than i’d wash the branches/buds in a h2o2 bath before drying.,
the culprit could of been you bringing it inside from an outdoor grow, or a friends grow, or a friend, pet brought it in, it just didn’t appear indoors because of humidity or airflow… it’ll thrive in those conditions but are not the cause.,
the plant will be infected at least 2 weeks before the white stuff appears on the leaves.
wpm can live on a speck of dead plant material for over a year!
so clean clean!!

Zunk99

Zunk99

you’ll more than likely have to give them a good h2o2 spray every 4/5 days till finished, than i’d wash the branches/buds in a h2o2 bath before drying.,
the culprit could of been you bringing it inside from an outdoor grow, or a friends grow, or a friend, pet brought it in, it just didn’t appear indoors because of humidity or airflow… it’ll thrive in those conditions but are not the cause.,
the plant will be infected at least 2 weeks before the white stuff appears on the leaves.
wpm can live on a speck of dead plant material for over a year!
so clean clean!!
Yea now that I think of it it could have been from my outdoor grow. Had some PM and I was in the shed closing my pool and could have tracked it in. I sprayed them good last night. Nothing new today but will definitely continue to spray and hopefully save all of the product

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

It's really dry this time of year are u using a humidifier? If so turn it off or keep as far from tent as possible.

Zunk99

Zunk99

It's really dry this time of year are u using a humidifier? If so turn it off or keep as far from tent as possible.
My humidity is always running lower. It usually around 50. I’ve figured it was from me bringing it in from outside. Hoping it stays gone.

Top Bottom