Looks Like Tmv.. With Negative Test?

• Thread starter YaBuddy321
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

YaBuddy321

Hey guys and gals this is my buddies outdoor grow. Over all the plant has grown nicely and just started to bud. I noticed hooked leaves and dis colored leaves. TMV test was negative. What else could cause this?
Thanks!

Looks like tmv with negative test
Looks like tmv with negative test 2
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hey guys and gals this is my buddies outdoor grow. Over all the plant has grown nicely and just started to bud. I noticed hooked leaves and dis colored leaves. TMV test was negative. What else could cause this?
Thanks!
TMV only tests for tobacco mosaic virus. This resembles a mosaic virus, but without further testing we couldn't say for sure which one, rule it in or out. I personally don't feel it's BMs, but certainly any bugs that pierce the plant can act as vectors, and it's better to at least rule out possibilities.

showmegreen

showmegreen

If it has been growing fine previously I'd say bugs. Unless natural soil breakdown unlocked somethin in the soil to cause stress of that nature.

Myco

Myco

I've seen similar mosaic type "symptoms" on brand new seedlings... rare, but happens. I would double check from pests, if if that's ruled on, focus on general plant health/vitality and see if the plant(s) will grow out of it. Good luck!

pugliese63

pugliese63

I'm with @Bulldog11. This looks very much like the beginning of broad mite damage. Crinkling in the leaves and the slight variegation.

They begin to show up when the temps start cooling off. Their optimal range is right around 70.

The damage looks like TMV. It's always the first thing people check for and 99.9% of the time it's negative.

I have had the unfortunate experience of dealing with them more than once. I pursued every nutrient/Ph remedy there is to no avail. Trashed several grows.

Once I started treating for broad mites I started seeing improvements immediately, under 48 hours.

I hope I'm wrong and you're able to see some improvements soon.

Regarding TMV I remember Tom Hill posting something a good while back. If I'm correct, he and his crew have tested many cannabis plants over the years and all were negative for TMV. The conclusion being that TMV is very rare in cannabis. I'm not an expert by any means. Tom has been a respected member of the community for a long time and I trust his experience.

Good luck. I hope all comes out well for you.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
@pugliese63 -- one of our moderators here, Tobor the 8th Man, also did a series of tests on plants he suspected were infected with TMV, they came out negative.

That said, there is a whole suite of mosaic viruses out there, and those are just the ones that have been described.

BigBlueBuds

BigBlueBuds

I'm with @Bulldog11. This looks very much like the beginning of broad mite damage. Crinkling in the leaves and the slight variegation.

They begin to show up when the temps start cooling off. Their optimal range is right around 70.

The damage looks like TMV. It's always the first thing people check for and 99.9% of the time it's negative.

I have had the unfortunate experience of dealing with them more than once. I pursued every nutrient/Ph remedy there is to no avail. Trashed several grows.

Once I started treating for broad mites I started seeing improvements immediately, under 48 hours.

I hope I'm wrong and you're able to see some improvements soon.

Regarding TMV I remember Tom Hill posting something a good while back. If I'm correct, he and his crew have tested many cannabis plants over the years and all were negative for TMV. The conclusion being that TMV is very rare in cannabis. I'm not an expert by any means. Tom has been a respected member of the community for a long time and I trust his experience.

Good luck. I hope all comes out well for you.

This is exactly what I would have written..

Top Bottom