Loompa on Vacation....finally

• Thread starter loompa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
Hey, I just wanted to let you all know that I am leaving on vacation from Mar 12- mar 27. I will be going to Barcelona to enjoy myself, enjoy Spain and in particular, go watch my favorite futbol(soccer) team play in their home stadium. I am an FCBarcelona fanatic and have been for many many years and now Im finally getting to see them in their home country and home stadium. This is one of those "bucket" list things for me and its finally happening. Matter of fact, this is my first vacation in 12 years. All I do is work work work and now I am going to relax for the first time in forever.

So I will be dissappearing, but this time it is a good dissappearing. I just wanted to let you guys know so no one thinks the worst or that Im disappearing for 6 months again. Ill be back and I will handle any questions or requests or any concerns when I get back.

On a side note....if any of you guys live in barcelona, Im going to need some fine herbs while Im there....LOL. anyways, Ill be around for another couple days, but my presence wont be as much due to me getting everything ready to go and getting everything taken care of before I go. Take it easy everyone and Ill be back in touch when I get back.

Loompa

tweedy

tweedy

I might have some connections to people in Almeria unless they have moved around since I last talked to them, but unless you feel like driving 7+ hours that won't help. I will say that they tell me the beach is worth it though :) And how often are you even in Spain, take a train and enjoy yourself, ha.

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
I might have some connections to people in Almeria unless they have moved around since I last talked to them, but unless you feel like driving 7+ hours that won't help. I will say that they tell me the beach is worth it though :) And how often are you even in Spain, take a train and enjoy yourself, ha.
The beach is very cold in march, plus there is no trains from barcelona to almeria

KennyPowers

KennyPowers

we really enjoyed the tapas at Ciutat Comtal, definitely recommended. the food and wine were my favorite parts of barcelona.

have a great trip!

ZONER

ZONER

Hey, I just wanted to let you all know that I am leaving on vacation from Mar 12- mar 27. I will be going to Barcelona to enjoy myself, enjoy Spain and in particular, go watch my favorite futbol(soccer) team play in their home stadium. I am an FCBarcelona fanatic and have been for many many years and now Im finally getting to see them in their home country and home stadium. This is one of those "bucket" list things for me and its finally happening. Matter of fact, this is my first vacation in 12 years. All I do is work work work and now I am going to relax for the first time in forever.

So I will be dissappearing, but this time it is a good dissappearing. I just wanted to let you guys know so no one thinks the worst or that Im disappearing for 6 months again. Ill be back and I will handle any questions or requests or any concerns when I get back.

On a side note....if any of you guys live in barcelona, Im going to need some fine herbs while Im there....LOL. anyways, Ill be around for another couple days, but my presence wont be as much due to me getting everything ready to go and getting everything taken care of before I go. Take it easy everyone and Ill be back in touch when I get back.

Loompa
Enjoy Espana, and most of all the FOOD, my uncle told me stories of him growing up in Poveda where his family raised horses.
ENJOY ..... ENJOY ....ENJOY .....

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
we really enjoyed the tapas at Ciutat Comtal, definitely recommended. the food and wine were my favorite parts of barcelona.

have a great trip!
yeah the food scene in bcn is amazing! make sure you visit here for breakfast loompa and get the jamon iberico and tomato bread :cigar:

Cinco Jotas Restaurant (Rambla Catalunya, 91, 08008 Barcelona, Spain)

tweedy

tweedy

The beach is very cold in march, plus there is no trains from barcelona to almeria
Trains be damned, there is a bus though yes? I would think that Spain is just about hot anytime of year compared to what I'm used to, haha. You'd see me running around in shorts with no shirt on in March, I can guarantee that :)

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
Well dam! I didnt expect that so many of you knew cool stuff to do and good places to eat. Thats awesome!!! I will definately be checking all those places out. Now the next item in the list....where are all the honey's at or hang out at? Im taking those suggestions too ...lol

Also, anyone know what I have to do to get my phone to work in europe? I have a smart phone with verizon(dont know if that matters) but what do I need to do to use my phone over there?

tweedy

tweedy

Well dam! I didnt expect that so many of you knew cool stuff to do and good places to eat. Thats awesome!!! I will definately be checking all those places out. Now the next item in the list....where are all the honey's at or hang out at? Im taking those suggestions too ...lol

Also, anyone know what I have to do to get my phone to work in europe? I have a smart phone with verizon(dont know if that matters) but what do I need to do to use my phone over there?
You can buy a global data package for 20 bucks that has 100 mb (an email is roughly like 10 kb but a picture can be huge so no surfing or posting pics til you get back, trust me). Turn off global data or data roaming. Make sure they turn your International Dial feature on and realize that it will cost you around $2.49 a minute to call out. Texts are 50 cents to send, 25 cents to receive. Oh, and far as honeys go, its spain, you SHOULD be swimmin in em, haha.

BagAppeal

BagAppeal

If you are going to Barcelona, Resin Club is a nice place to drop by.

Let me know if you need info

All the best

BagAppeal

Welshwizzard

Welshwizzard

Loompa

Oh nice plans there pal!

Its such a beautiful city. all the Gaudi work everywhere. Amazing place. So bloody cultured. Like Xavi, in a city!

Are you there long? We do the Antibes/Barca option every summer for a weeks break. Always so much to do. Just walk around the place. breathe it in!

Nou Camp is very very special and you can get some dirt cheap tickets and also some decent ones which do go up a bit in price but well worth it. Mate, when you see Messi, Xavi, and Iniesta with the ball. your mind will fucking explode. I've never, ever ever ever seen anyone who can move like Messi. Xavi is on another level, just gets better with age ala Pirlo.

Only better CM in recent times in Zidane!.

Sorry for turning this into a footy message. But if you get the chance, go to Germany for Bundesliga, super cheap prices and the BEST standard of football (soccer) throughout the league anywhere in Europe.
You can go and see Bayern, or Dortmund for £18!!

Enjoy your trip!

Welshwizzard

Welshwizzard

I'd just buy a phone out there for 30 euros or so, itll have a camera and thats about it. Will be a lot cheaper than losing your phone like I did, after spending a lot of evenings calling people while pissed as a fart!

Top Bottom