Loompa Pheno Hunt Round 2. White Yetis

• Thread starter mrtokez2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrtokez2

So for those of you who saw my last thread you should know my yeti f3 results were less than desirable for me. Decided to give their booth a visit at the cup and @Oom pah pah had the graciousness to hook it up with two packs of white yetis out of the remaining three. Decided on these over underdog s1s..hoping for some of that pinesol grease w some unique kick. So far 100% germination rate..though it bears worth mentioning I had to help half of them out of their husks..I'm all about natural sprouting but these seeds were gangsta thick. I know this picture is sorry but stay tuned and I'll have some more as things progress. Maybe Ill pop the other pack too and just go thru em all at once.

Loompa pheno hunt round 2 white yetis

And here's a random shot of my white x legend og throwing out og leaning leaves.
Loompa pheno hunt round 2 white yetis 2

Thanks for lookin..cheers

G

greyman41420

clearly missing the cup was a major fuckup on my part. white yeti???? underdog s1's???? jeez! congrats on the score, I'm all over this journal

M

mrtokez2

clearly missing the cup was a major fuckup on my part. white yeti???? underdog s1's???? jeez! congrats on the score, I'm all over this journal

Yeah I was surprised about the s1s..didn't think they had that in the plans. White yeti was released before as abominable snowman..just easier to type white yeti haha.

GrowAholiC

GrowAholiC

I did a pheno hunt on White Yeti and the results were exceptional. They had many expressions and traits and I loved them all. My favorite smells coming from them were old musky earth, citrus pine-sol funk, and a burnt rubber tires. Good luck with your hunt and I cant wait to see the gems you find!

M

mrtokez2

I did a pheno hunt on White Yeti and the results were exceptional. They had many expressions and traits and I loved them all. My favorite smells coming from them were old musky earth, citrus pine-sol funk, and a burnt rubber tires. Good luck with your hunt and I cant wait to see the gems you find!

Thanks for your input. So there are pinesol phenos to be found for sure then it seems..that's a relief. Got any bud shots? I don't see too many people with logs of her

M

mrtokez2

A better pic to start off the week.

IMG 20150222 211647

Coming along nicely.

Jolly Mon

Jolly Mon

So for those of you who saw my last thread you should know my yeti f3 results were less than desirable for me. Decided to give their booth a visit at the cup and @Oom pah pah had the graciousness to hook it up with two packs of white yetis out of the remaining three. Decided on these over underdog s1s..hoping for some of that pinesol grease w some unique kick. So far 100% germination rate..though it bears worth mentioning I had to help half of them out of their husks..I'm all about natural sprouting but these seeds were gangsta thick. I know this picture is sorry but stay tuned and I'll have some more as things progress. Maybe Ill pop the other pack too and just go thru em all at once.

View attachment 486746
And here's a random shot of my white x legend og throwing out og leaning leaves.
View attachment 486747

Thanks for lookin..cheers
Mrtokez2 glad you stopped by the booth the team on the farm are happy to address any issues you may have any time.
the seeds Oom pah pah hooked you with no doubt will express pine fuel traits. We will be here for any future help or comments along your journey. Happy growing.

M

mrtokez2

Mrtokez2 glad you stopped by the booth the team on the farm are happy to address any issues you may have any time.
the seeds Oom pah pah hooked you with no doubt will express pine fuel traits. We will be here for any future help or comments along your journey. Happy growing.

I hope so on the pine fuel traits. That's all I'm really looking for. Here they are all topped and looking happy.
IMG 20150305 193825

M

mrtokez2

Looking great. What I loved about the White Yeti is how fast it grew from seed (and clone). I mean FAST. Do you get the same feeling while growing out your White Yeti's?

These girls aren't growing particularly fast for me..not slow but none faster than other beans I've worked with.

M

mrtokez2

Okay so it looks like I got lucky and have eight girls to work with. UNFORTUNATELY upon closer inspection one of the girls popped a few balls after she showed a few female preflowers. The hermie issue w my yeti f3 rears its ugly head again. However I will be running the clones of all eight regardless and hope the issue resolves itself. Already not a good look so far but seeing as how I paid a good chunk for these I'll play ball.

M

mrtokez2

Some pics of the hermie so loompas crew can see..

If you look closely u can see the female preflowers at the top of branch..male preloaded on second node..hard to see
IMG 20150408 201524

Second node zoomed in
IMG 20150408 201532

And another testicle at another node on same plant
IMG 20150408 201747

Only #2 is exhibiting this problem for now..gonna be keeping an eagle eye on the rest.

Jolly Mon

Jolly Mon

Sorry to see the hermie issue pop up. Myself would tend to cull that right out of circulation. Plants do express independent traits just like all living creatures. As you pop more and more beans you will see a % do this, that, and the other. As a community of breeders its our job select only desirable traits and move forward. It looks as if you have 7 more girls to chose from to find at least 1 excellent mother plant. I would focus on those other ones and be very thankful that you are as attentive as you have been and caught those balls early. Looks like your doing a great job and finding gold just takes a bit of prospecting. Looking forward to your updates good, bad, ugly, we are here to help see you through.

waayne

waayne

@mrtokez2 Damn... fwiw......The nanners on my MoonDawgs turned out to be sterile.

Nice job spotting them early on.Hopefully this will resolve itself when you run the clones.
Good luck!

Top Bottom