Loose Airy Buds

• Thread starter Buddafett23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buddafett23

Buddafett23

Hi guys, just registered on here coz I need some wisdom.
I’ve recently swapped to LED from HPS, my buds arnt as full and more leafy than my HPS buds but are glistening with trichomes!
I’m running in pure coco which is on it’s 4th use and was feeding/watering every 6-7 days with canna A&B. (bought all new coco now and binned that old crap) I’ve adjusted my room temp and filtration system and that’s spot on.
I am using tubs and run off trays which I drain after each watering. My PH going in by top watering is 6.6 and my run off is 5.2 so that’s ok.
The only thing I can think of now is use 50/50 perlite and coco mix in smart pots for better aeration for the roots. My HPS dried out the coco 3-4 days so the coco had chance to breath.
Had to change lights because of the heat issue and the overpowering smell walking down my yard.
If anybody has had the same problem and was able to solve it I’d really appreciate your help.
Nice one

Dbear180

Dbear180

A friend of mine dropped a nice chunk of coin on leds & he had the same results. Couldnt tell you what brand. Nice & frosty but fluffier than cotton. Could be a multitude of issues but if your lights are the only thing you've really changed id start there. & get a nice carbon filter to hide that smell. $300 is nothing to keep people from smelling your business.

Buddafett23

Buddafett23

The smoke is ok but still I prefer thick nugs!! And Yeah I’ve done the same, invested some big bucks on 2 1000w LEDs to keep heat down and running costs. I am thinking about going back to HPS, just the smell. I’ve had 2 filters in there at each end, I even built a side room with secondary filters and Ona blocks inline and in the room. Very small working environment. Cheers tho bro.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

If the led is full spectrum and has a lot of blue light it will make your buds leafier and less dense.

Just like flowering some strains with a metal halide or 6500k T-5’s.

I don’t use led but have experimented with hps, mh, “Blue” mh and cmh in all combinations.

My findings were the same as The university of Michigan. More blue needed for short leafy crops. More red for flowering and fruiting.

Buddafett23

Buddafett23

There’s not that much blue in them to be fair, I did do a hell of a lot of research into the light side of it before I forked out the cash for em.
Mw7945 their boss LEDs. The brand name is different in other country, don’t know why. King,boss and royal LED.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
There’s not that much blue in them to be fair, I did do a hell of a lot of research into the light side of it before I forked out the cash for em.
Mw7945 their boss LEDs. The brand name is different in other country, don’t know why. King,boss and royal LED.
Did you study photon density?
How many watts are pulled off the wall from your leds?

Buddafett23

Buddafett23

Nope not got a clue, I didn’t look that far into it if I’m honest.

Buddafett23

Buddafett23

Your shittin me!! See I only researched BossLED it wasn’t until they arrived and seen a little booklet with 3 names on the cover I realised they was the same manufacturer. My uncle runs HPS and he got the same LED model as me and he had same problem with leafy buds. Thought maybe it was his set up because I had some autos in at the time and they was ok...apart from only a Q From each plant.!!

On that note then I’m gonna go back to HPS and count my losses. Don’t get me wrong these LEDs work well in veg and have pistols as long as my finger nail with trichomes covering each leaf but the final most important bit just isn’t happening...big fat nuggets!!

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Your shittin me!! See I only researched BossLED it wasn’t until they arrived and seen a little booklet with 3 names on the cover I realised they was the same manufacturer. My uncle runs HPS and he got the same LED model as me and he had same problem with leafy buds. Thought maybe it was his set up because I had some autos in at the time and they was ok...apart from only a Q From each plant.!!

On that note then I’m gonna go back to HPS and count my losses. Don’t get me wrong these LEDs work well in veg and have pistols as long as my finger nail with trichomes covering each leaf but the final most important bit just isn’t happening...big fat nuggets!!
Look in the manual for draw watts... itll say maybe 120v~400w.

Put the led in with the hps

Buddafett23

Buddafett23

I thought I had an aeration problem caused by the roots being to wet from bad drainage? Now it’s looking like it’s a light issue, is there anybody using LEDs that has got around this problem?

Toaster79

Toaster79

I thought I had an aeration problem caused by the roots being to wet from bad drainage? Now it’s looking like it’s a light issue, is there anybody using LEDs that has got around this problem?

What's the actual power draw of those units you're using?

Buddafett23

Buddafett23

I don’t know, can’t find the Manuel and they in night mode now so I can’t go in and check on the top of unit. They’re 1000w 240v dual spectrum.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I don’t know, can’t find the Manuel and they in night mode now so I can’t go in and check on the top of unit. They’re 1000w 240v dual spectrum.
I have seen other "1000watt" leds pull 600 watts

Top Bottom