Losing round after round..what is it?

• Thread starter Easy420420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Easy420420

Easy420420

Maybe I do need to get them off the ground nowadays to help prevent anything crawling on the ground to get right up into to roots, but that space I think would become negligible if there's any pests in that room they'll find the roots.
I have been searching and searching and the problems are too similar to some other experienced growers who are pointing to a mostly undiagnosed, microscopic soil mite that breeds in the warehouses where its stored before it gets delivered to retail accounts. I searched and read through just about every thread regarding russet/broad/cyclamen, bulb and mould(mold) mites. The fungus gnats came from the bags of coco, we found young flyers on a vent in the room where the bags are kept first, and then the yellow stickies we already had in the plants. Its either I didnt eradicate the root aphids well enough in order for new plants to grow, which if is the case, they have survived rotated pesticides persistently.
Or theres something up with the new coco we have been using. The last round of plants that were finished, were in the original bags of coco from 6 hours away. Every round since put in the locally available bags went to crap, no matter the ipm protocol we attempted. The only thing left that people are now swearing by is the biosafe foamer setup. I have heard of stories this year from growers about not being able to solve their pest problem until they switched both places of purchase, and brands of media. The cuts from already RA damaged mothers had to take on new, compromised coco and they have been suffering.
I was hoping someone would see the pictures of lacking growth and be able to identify the pest problem as I can now with root aphids since the initial infestation. I cant blame the bags for killing my plants, but I threw out all the bags, bombed and sprayed the storage room and drove 6 hours their and 6 back to get the old bags from the clean place.

Observationist

Observationist

Why are you leaving the wrapping on the rockwool when you pot them up into the coco mix? I would take them off so roots can grow out the sides too.
The manufacturer recommends you leave them on, I forgot the reasoning.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
You cut the tips of the leafs to reduce humidity needs, less surface area to transpire
Yeah it's quite common for those of us who do more than just a couple clones at a time. For me, I trim all my clones down like that, and remove all but the top and maybe 1 node below it, the rest gets cut off - I trim the leaves on my clones so I can fit more in the dome, and the less leaves touching one-another, less likely to have issues with fungi.

Observationist

Observationist

Yeah it's quite common for those of us who do more than just a couple clones at a time. For me, I trim all my clones down like that, and remove all but the top and maybe 1 node below it, the rest gets cut off - I trim the leaves on my clones so I can fit more in the dome, and the less leaves touching one-another, less likely to have issues with fungi.

Yup yup yup!

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

The one gallon plants are 6weeks from clone..
JMO but I'd ditch the rockwool and the soil combo and go to jiffy pucks , it looks too wet and creating a favourable evironment for the bugs,get a meter and stay dry/moist and don't water the rockwool on the soil when you water,the yellow one is going to die ,or get the sickest one and pull it out,dump the soil and look and see if it has bugs,how wet it is etc

Easy420420

Easy420420

^^^^^^^^^
This is bum data, my problem wasnt cold roots, the floor was 74-76 verified with a digital thermometer.

In the end, pests caused sick moms, which made sick clones. The clones couldn't survive in the same room as The moms. The whole licensed facility was 100% reset, not a plant. This problem cost us more than most peoples houses are worth. We bought seeds and built a Solventless lab. Even still, we buy "exotic" clones now, that are in demand and proven washers, the market is too competitive to not have new flavors on demand, we never built the space to accommodate a genetics project to constantly bring in new bangers fast enough. We used the mom space to make more flower, this was advice given to us by bigger and more established facilities. The game is changing even as I write this. Nothing but love to all th people who resist corporate weed.

Alb

Alb

This is bum data, my problem wasnt cold roots, the floor was 74-76 verified with a digital thermometer.

In the end, pests caused sick moms, which made sick clones. The clones couldn't survive in the same room as The moms. The whole licensed facility was 100% reset, not a plant. This problem cost us more than most peoples houses are worth. We bought seeds and built a Solventless lab. Even still, we buy "exotic" clones now, that are in demand and proven washers, the market is too competitive to not have new flavors on demand, we never built the space to accommodate a genetics project to constantly bring in new bangers fast enough. We used the mom space to make more flower, this was advice given to us by bigger and more established facilities. The game is changing even as I write this. Nothing but love to all th people who resist corporate weed.
Phosphorus becomes less available when ground temperatures are low thus great idea to supplement in cooler planting seasons with slow release phosphorus(bone meal). I grow where the ground cold concrete floor would be 50 58 in cold climate months. I reverse a rolled out carpet and cover with reflective wall plastic insulates great never a phosphorus deficiency from cold floors.

Top Bottom