Loss of resin during flush

• Thread starter Mjay 4ifelay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mjay 4ifelay

Hi
I’m new to this site I have a couple questions I was Hoping some one could help me with 🙏

I have a couple lady’s that we’re doing really well and still are looking good and ready for harvest, but I noticed the last couple weeks I have had a loss of resin and these lady’s were supper resiny before I cut down on the nutrients. temps have been a pretty good I had couple days that the temps were above the regular but i fixed that issue quick as possible. I have them in soil and I started with general organics but ran out and End up getting some tiger bloom from fox farm to try out. Do you think the switch of nutes during mid flowering could be the problem or something els ? Although first couple weeks using the tiger bloom I noticed a increase of resin. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong or is this a natural part of the proses?

Ace9137

Ace9137

Hi
I’m new to this site I have a couple questions I was Hoping some one could help me with 🙏

I have a couple lady’s that we’re doing really well and still are looking good and ready for harvest, but I noticed the last couple weeks I have had a loss of resin and these lady’s were supper resiny before I cut down on the nutrients. temps have been a pretty good I had couple days that the temps were above the regular but i fixed that issue quick as possible. I have them in soil and I started with general organics but ran out and End up getting some tiger bloom from fox farm to try out. Do you think the switch of nutes during mid flowering could be the problem or something els ? Although first couple weeks using the tiger bloom I noticed a increase of resin. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong or is this a natural part of the proses?
It depends on a lot of factors, is it humid or dry in your tent or room? I keep a RH(relative humidity), of at least 60% or higher during veg, I dial it back during flower to about 45% RH. Then again it would depend on what week your plants are in. I doubt switching nutrients will help or hurt your plants, I have switched nutes many times in grows. Nutrients are preference based. I have read somewhere that the trichomes will shrink and grow at different intervals, I have never noticed this myself. I doubt that you have any problems other than grower paranoia, I suffer from this myself, I usually smoke weed and that helps.

N

nicolajanjak

Hi

for me the question is, did you make the plants yellow during your flushing ? if yes it explain the loss of smell /terpenes/ resin

BloodShot

BloodShot

Hi

Have you checked throughout for male flowers?

N

nicolajanjak

How does yellowing or flushing have an impact on trichomes? Light, heat effect trichomes.
yellowing kills chlorophyl and this will impact your final product
plant will convert that cholorphyl in sugar during the drying time.. do a side by side and you will see ..

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

yellowing kills chlorophyl and this will impact your final product
plant will convert that cholorphyl in sugar during the drying time.. do a side by side and you will see ..

Lol
That's kinda funny. I must be doing it wrong for 10yrs now I guess.
Chylorphylkills the end product. Sugars break down I
the cure. I would maybe go back and read a few tutorials by some of the more skilled growers before making blanket statements that are not true.
Below is the "autumning off" tek.
20170409 195205

Last edited:
N

nicolajanjak

i did this mistake for years
i though a good flush always come with fading, senescent plant with autumn colors
in fact its wrong

you must give straight water for the last waterings, to allow the plant to finish the p and k salts in the medium, but your plant must stay healthy green till the end ... thats your future sugars

i did test side by side several times and i guarantee you this aint bro science ... i have the buds in front of me .. you wonder why your buds always have a hay like smell in the background ? yellowing-->haying. senescent plant among others of the same phenotype will always be the less frosty and fast

test and you will see my friend ... give those plant more nitrogen and a bit less boosters until the end ... they need less N at the end but they must stay green ...
you will have the cleanest ash and product by this method .. keep flushing with water on the end but give enough N during the bloom so the plant can finish the bloom without taking in their stock (leaves ..)

peace man

Top Bottom