Lost 4/6 seeds in the soil and it's day 4.

• Thread starter Growth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Growth

I don't really want to go sifting around the dirt (idk if that will hurt them) but we planted 6 seeds in 5 gallon pots without markers... which I noted to do next time.

Two of them have sprouted, tent is about 80F/80RH, and each day I wet the top layer of soil with a little mist.

The seeds have been planted for 4 days. Should I look for them or let them be and hope they grow?

We used the shotglass until they germinate method. So they were germinating when we put them in. I'm wondering are they growing the wrong way? What's goin on?

G

Growth

4 days seems like a lot.....maybe it is.....

I'd leave um be....keep spraying....they could've been buried deeper....

I’d wait a couple days. Just make sure some of that moisture is going deep enough to reach the seed. Doesn’t take much moisture.

Thanks guys. Just worried because each seed is nearly $20 and that's a lot to me lol, so I'd like to keep as many alive as possible.

First time keeping a grow diary as well. Trying to learn how to format it to give me information to learn from.
Chrome rFnAYNkimS

Bilber

Bilber

Me personally, I'm not breeding, I'd give it at least 10 days before poking and prodding.....

You soaked your seeds in plain water, no peroxide......I like, and recommend, using a water/peroxide 6/1 ratio, for the soak....12 to 24 hrs.....then straight to medium of choice.....

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Just worried because each seed is nearly $20 and that's a lot to me lol, so I'd like to keep as many alive as possible.
Sometimes the seed seller will provide more seeds to replace the ones that didn't grow. It's worth a try.

I use peroxide and water for the soak, too. I would also wait a few more days. Sometimes they're just slow.

About removing some soil... I've done that a few times. I only went far enough to see green, though, and then I covered it up. It didn't seem to bother the seed, but it did make me feel better.

G

Growth

Sometimes the seed seller will provide more seeds to replace the ones that didn't grow. It's worth a try.

I use peroxide and water for the soak, too. I would also wait a few more days. Sometimes they're just slow.

About removing some soil... I've done that a few times. I only went far enough to see green, though, and then I covered it up. It didn't seem to bother the seed, but it did make me feel better.
I used straight up water. Why peroxide?

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter

To right i just got a replacement packet from sensi seeds. I rarely lose seeds and the whole packet didn’t pop so I would of dumped them had they not.

Greenhouse gave me the run around saying three times they had sent a replacement when they never did when I complained to them so they no longer get my Business.

The peroxide is to kill any fungi and sterilise the seed without killing it

G

Growth

To right i just got a replacement packet from sensi seeds. I rarely lose seeds and the whole packet didn’t pop so I would of dumped them had they not.

Greenhouse gave me the run around saying three times they had sent a replacement when they never did when I complained to them so they no longer get my Business.

The peroxide is to kill any fungi and sterilise the seed without killing it
Our water is stored in a giant cooler with a spout at the bottom which we use to fill jugs and bring them to the tent. Right now it has a pump running in it dechlorinating it, but the pump requires the cooler staying open.

What should we do to make sure that water stays clean?

It wasn't a worry before because we could close it, but now it has to be open because of the pump. Should we add some peroxide to that?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Our water is stored in a giant cooler with a spout at the bottom which we use to fill jugs and bring them to the tent. Right now it has a pump running in it dechlorinating it, but the pump requires the cooler staying open.

What should we do to make sure that water stays clean?

It wasn't a worry before because we could close it, but now it has to be open because of the pump. Should we add some peroxide to that?
no
also adding in peroxide adds oxygen to the water,..

P

Putthataway

no
also adding in peroxide adds oxygen to the water,..
It can do both. I added a drop to a little dentist cup yesterday. 1 part three part I just added a drop from the bottle. The seed was surrounded by bubbles. I let it soak a few hours. They were covered it worried me so I dumped it added more water and it still had bubbles on the seed. Dumped it more water. Right now I have two germinated seeds to put in dirt. This was my first time trying the peroxide method had me nervous and precautious. I don’t want to get ahead myself here but they are at least 6 hours faster than water only.

G

Growth

I've covered the plants that haven't sprouted with clear plastic bowls and moistened the bowl and the soil.

Still not sure if I should add anything to keep the open large container of water clean. I don't want to put gnat larvae in my plants or something.

Will report back tomorrow or later tonight maybe.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I've covered the plants that haven't sprouted with clear plastic bowls and moistened the bowl and the soil.

Still not sure if I should add anything to keep the open large container of water clean. I don't want to put gnat larvae in my plants or something.

Will report back tomorrow or later tonight maybe.
Can’t you cover it with something
I’ve a large water container in my loft it’s supposed to be ( drinkable ???) bathroom water I don’t wash my teeth in it however I do water my plants with it up until the near the end of flowering

I don’t gas of my water in veg or early flowering it’s not till the near the end I worry about gassing it off and I have don’t end up with a chlorine taste to my bud.

A simple cover could be the answer to your problems

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
If you do end up with gnats buy nematodes there the best organic method to get rid as they will much up the eggs without harming the roots and can even kill of a heavy infestation in days

The adults you trap with sticky yellow paper some say use hotstrips or something similar along that line but cheep yellow sticky traps work just as well and the adults die of in a few days anyways without a freash replenishment of babies.

Bilber

Bilber

It can do both. I added a drop to a little dentist cup yesterday. 1 part three part I just added a drop from the bottle. The seed was surrounded by bubbles. I let it soak a few hours. They were covered it worried me so I dumped it added more water and it still had bubbles on the seed. Dumped it more water. Right now I have two germinated seeds to put in dirt. This was my first time trying the peroxide method had me nervous and precautious. I don’t want to get ahead myself here but they are at least 6 hours faster than water only.
Hey Putt.....don't worry about the bubbles....bubbles will always show up on seeds that are soaking.....think of it as a breathing apparatus, a snorkel of sorts...

F

fordman1991

So when I use fox farms soil do I need to use fertilizer if so what u guys recommend

R

RGWD0202

So when I use fox farms soil do I need to use fertilizer if so what u guys recommend
If using fox farm happy frog or ocean forest you probably won’t need to feed until flip. A light feeding after week 3 if you feel it’s necessary. But let the plants tell you when they are hungry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom