lost in soil

• Thread starter KUSHMAN901
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KUSHMAN901

KUSHMAN901

i think im ass backwards i have never grown in soil before dont know a thing about it i jumped head first into hydroponics and fell in love but now i really have the urge to try to grow one in soil well soiless mix but dont know where to start like water cycles etc so my fellow farmers i come to u to point me in the right direction i know it sounds crazy but hey im honest lol

G

Gro

whats so crazy,sounds like a tasty plan.tell us a little more.do you have any idea about what kinda pots,soiless mix,nutes you are gonna use.:thinking

G

Gro

good start.i'm getting the best results with air pots.are you planning on hand watering?

DvD

DvD

Go organic

I WILL JUST SAY THAT IF U DO GO SOILLESS
THEN PLEASE GO ORGANIC!!!!
MEANING USE ADVANCED'S LINE OF GREAT ORGANIC PRODUCTS.
IT WILL BRING OUT THE BEST FLAVORS.
AND DON'T WORRY ABOUT YIELD AS I HAVE SEEN SOME ORGANIC OUT GROW CHEMICALS.
JUST MY 2 CENTS
HOPE IT ALL GOES WELL
PEACE
DvD:anim_30:

Mud Man

Mud Man

Do it.. go organic..

Man, i felt the same, not on the hydro tip, but i want to understand whats going on down there after years of blind growing with bottles of shite!Ā±!
:anim_30:

I love it... A few peeps on here pointed me towards a couple of great books..

both of these books are a great start and i am so glad i was pointed there...

There are loads of SuperSoil threads on here...

SUBCOOL and TCM have the ultimate recipe, you change as you see fit and adjust to your size ETC!!

Compost TEAS AAACT's baby "Google search"

"Take ya time making sure ya Mud Mix is an all you can eat buffet for the microbes and just water the babies"
Everything the girls need to complete their life cycle is in the Mud before you start, you then monitor and add if needed."

If done right, no need for TDS/PH pens and friggin about,,

(I will always have a pen, i don't know how they thrown them LOL)

Make it simple.... my journey of knowledge has just begun...

good luck

Coming backward from Hydro you prob got enough skills and would find the Mud Easy i reckon.,..

MUD

Mud Man

Mud Man

good start.i'm getting the best results with air pots.are you planning on hand watering?

YO G,ro,, hope you are well dude..need me some of these...

one 20 lite air pot Monster Cab....:anim_30::anim_30:

KUSHMAN901

KUSHMAN901

Man, i felt the same, not on the hydro tip, but i want to understand whats going on down there after years of blind growing with bottles of shite!Ā±!
:anim_30:

I love it... A few peeps on here pointed me towards a couple of great books..

both of these books are a great start and i am so glad i was pointed there...

There are loads of SuperSoil threads on here...

SUBCOOL and TCM have the ultimate recipe, you change as you see fit and adjust to your size ETC!!

Compost TEAS AAACT's baby "Google search"

"Take ya time making sure ya Mud Mix is an all you can eat buffet for the microbes and just water the babies"
Everything the girls need to complete their life cycle is in the Mud before you start, you then monitor and add if needed."

If done right, no need for TDS/PH pens and friggin about,,

(I will always have a pen, i don't know how they thrown them LOL)

Make it simple.... my journey of knowledge has just begun...

good luck

Coming backward from Hydro you prob got enough skills and would find the Mud Easy i reckon.,..

MUD

thanks mud and i see u are from around my way cool link up

KUSHMAN901

KUSHMAN901

my thing is do i water with nutes every other watering, every three days what

J

John Smith Esq.

easy dude, i feed every other watering, sometimes late in flower when im giving alot of extra PK and junk ill feed once every 3/4 days to cut out some N from their deit, but ill keep pumpin in the PK and addatives every other day

I think every other day is the norm for most us soil growers isnt it..?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
There are some very real functional differences between soil and soilless mixes. I think that it's going to be important for you to understand first that there is a difference, and then how that difference functions in growing.

As for frequency of watering/feeding my soil girls, they get watered every few days, then fed no more than once a week. This is specifically in SOIL. Hempy (perlite) and coco are treated differently.

Blaze

Blaze

Definitely check out the info that Mud Man posted. The biggest difference between soil and hydro is the fact that soil is alive - understanding the soil food web and how to keep your soil biology healthy and thriving is very important. Compost tea should be a key part in any soil grow - well made ACT will boost growth, yield and pest resistance.

You might also do a little reading on soil properties to better understand how soil interacts with plants and fertilizers. As for frequency of waterings and feedings - this really depends a lot on your soil and what sort of fertilizers you are using. If you are growing in a heavy soil with high water retention and high CEC and using fertilizer that stays in the soil for a longer period of time, feeding once a week may be enough. If you are using a mix with good drainage and feeding with more mellow fertilizer that stays in the soil for a shorter amount of time, you will have to feed and water more often.

IME doing a soil mix with good drainage and doing smaller, more regular feedings will get you the best results. For my garden I do a nice light soil mix with good drainage that gets a light watering twice a day. I feed every day via soil drenching, and then do a weekly application of ACT and foliar feeding.

420king-MASSES

it should go like this brotha feed feed water feed feed water now so you feed wait til pot is on dry side but not bone dry then feed again wait for dryside and water heavy then resume same schedule with feed feed and water its a technique called cycling and it works excellent for me

T

TwoCreeks

i guess so i didnt know there was another way to water soil lol

I have a drip system set up with a timer in my grow room just like I would set up in an outdoor garden. I hand water, but occasionally I have to leave town for a few days and then I use the drip system.

If you are growing organically indoors in a good soil mix, depending on what size pots you use, there should be enough nutrients in the soil that you shouldn't have to feed a lot of additional nutrients to the plants, IMO.

DvD

DvD

Or KUSHMAN
Roots Organic Is A Great Soil And Is What I Currently Use.(With A Few Amendments Added And Cut With Pro-Mix)
Earthworm Castings,More Guano And Azomite)
But Sun City Is Going Out Of Business And Don't Carry It Any More.
So It Might Cost A Pretty Penny To Ship Off The Internet But It's Well Worth It In The End.
:wazzup:

Top Bottom