lost smell during late flowering day 56

• Thread starter G420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

G420

ok I've grown this same stain (tahoe clone only) outdoors and had the lemon funk smell early and all through flowering but this round inside i'm getting noo smell at all but regular grass smell at day 56 of 12/12. WTF is going wrong here??? Im using the whole ff lineup (big bloom,grow big ,tiger bloom,open sesame,beastie bloomz and cha ching)along with the ffof soil and my other plants have a nice smell although another strain seems like its losing smell also.

I water with ro water atr a ph of 6.5 and pps at 800-1000 using a hanna 98129 calibrating every 3 feedings, along wuith a 400 watt hps???

any suggetions?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Bump-a-lump. I've only ever experienced this when I had root aphids, and there was a qualified metric shit-ton of other problems that occurred first.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

I've noticed the fox farm lineup gives everything a super bland "playdough" smell.

Show us some pics lets see if there is anything noticeably visible...

G

G420

Bump-a-lump. I've only ever experienced this when I had root aphids, and there was a qualified metric shit-ton of other problems that occurred first.
I checked for RA but now im suspecting broad mites, not sure though

I've noticed the fox farm lineup gives everything a super bland "playdough" smell.

Show us some pics lets see if there is anything noticeably visible...
I have been running ff on all my outdoor grows and they seemed fine. The other plants inside are mostley doing real good

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

It could just be the clone, I have heard that clones will genetically change over time so they wont have the same exact qualities of the mother plant. Thats just a possibility though and I ain't no expert on the subject.

Another possibility could be the environment??

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Or the plant could be getting too much N in the form of nitrates, which is known to reduce quality of fruit and veggies, seems it would likely do the same thing with cannabis.

Not saying that's what it is, just throwin' it out there.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Or the plant could be getting too much N in the form of nitrates, which is known to reduce quality of fruit and veggies, seems it would likely do the same thing with cannabis.

Hmmmmm.....I've heard too much N and P will negatively effect flavor, the OP should figure out his actual NPK Ca Mg S ppm using the nutrient calculator at cannastats.com. Figure out how much of each nutrient is being applied to your plants during each irrigation, especially during flower since thats when the essential oils are produced in abundance, which will drastically effect smell. Just food for thought, good luck.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter

any Idea how to flush soil of Nitrates before flowering, and not flush everything else?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter

any Idea how to flush soil of Nitrates before flowering, and not flush everything else?
I don't think this is really possible without using chemicals you probably wouldn't want to use.
Thanks Squiggly. Yeah, I don't want any non organic chemicals..

I know 1st hand that tomato plants Veg. and grow huge..with lots of N.
But the yield in fruit suffers greatly....
And I pretty sure the cannabis I have grown is similar..
I get great veg results in my beds...and some Really leafy buds..
I do get some dense buds..bud even those are leafy!
I think even my cookies will be leafy

Leafy...But almost too Dense Bubba Kush in sept.
Bubbabed9 23

Opps:confused: am I off topic? :bag: Sorry G420!
Give them some Molasses and Sea green!:happy:

squiggly

squiggly

View attachment 301049

The trick, I think, is to back off almost to the point of N deficiency during the last 2 weeks of veg.

Really the hardest thing about growing ANY fruiting/flowering plant (and hell even cultivating mushrooms to some degree) is about getting that transition period right. This is the most important time for growth--in my mind this is what "dialing" a strain is all about. Knowing when to flip, and how to run your nutes in the runup to that.

If they don't use up the excess N before veg is over--you will have a low calyx/leaf ratio.

That said, it's not the end of the world. Deficiencies are worse--and N is still needed in flower. At least you won't be looking at a deficiency right?

What I would do is just flush the hell out of them by overwatering (if your medium is fast enough to not drown the roots this way)--and then water in your bloom regimen immediately after (you've already waterlogged the medium, so you might as well replace the nutes).

Bannacis

Bannacis

Also using RO water, you might want to check your calcium levels, add cal mag to water, since ro water is filtered and tds are `ubber low.

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
I've seen some discussion on this "dud" type of thing at another spot. The general consensus seemed to point towards a sulfur deficiency. Epsom salts in place of a liquid Cal/mag should help the problem. It's probably too late to make much of a difference this run but may help in the future. This has happened to me with some OG's before.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl

View attachment 301049

There, you just hit it and I bet you didn't even know it. You can force yellowing by giving a molasses tea. How? Forcing a population explosion of bacteria, which then take up N into their bodies (mineralization). While this N is fixed it is unavailable to the plant. This is how I achieve 'the fade' any time I want, irrespective of whether or not they're ready to get faded.

I might have time to go find the articles online, all farming articles, that discuss high NO3 levels in plant tissues and how they're being correlated with poorer quality, with those quality measures being flavor, size, nutrient content, and holding ability. Everything I've read is in hardcopy.
I've seen some discussion on this "dud" type of thing at another spot. The general consensus seemed to point towards a sulfur deficiency. Epsom salts in place of a liquid Cal/mag should help the problem. It's probably too late to make much of a difference this run but may help in the future. This has happened to me with some OG's before.
Ah! Yes, the S! Molasses also offers some S. The thing is, with MgSO4, you won't get any Ca, so it might be prudent to have something on hand to add back that Ca.

Good catch.

T

tripleb

Lockout .in soil late /mid flower ro water ,tea,castings,mollassas.still get a lockout and smell loss and trichs stop ..help!they are bberry headband and blue rhino.looked great all thru with heavy aroma..then in a dayrhe smell subsides and weight gain stops like they go dormant...crazy .

T

tripleb

Lockout .in soil late /mid flower ro water ,tea,castings,mollassas.still get a lockout and smell loss and trichs stop ..help!they are bberry headband and blue rhino.looked great all thru with heavy aroma..then in a dayrhe smell subsides and weight gain stops like they go dormant...crazy .
Im new to site

Latest posts

Top Bottom