Lotion?

• Thread starter greenguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
greenguy

greenguy

How can one make lotion and or sun block from cannabis by-products? I know that it can be done with the seeds but is there a way to make it out of the leaves?

T

ToastyRoadie

how about you just buy it from the store?

Hi, care to provide some links to thc infused lotion? Couldn't find any myself. I too was looking into making some. Thanks.

Peace...:stonedsmilie:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Not THC-infused (although that would be easy enough, just dissolve some hash or whatever into ISO), just cannabis-based. I have a body lotion that's based on hemp, but I believe it's the oils they're after for such a thing.

I'm experimenting with making a topical with hash and DMSO for my bursitis. The DMSO alone itches, but when I made the hash/ISO/DMSO mixture, it fucking burned like hell! I can't say it had the effect I was hoping for.

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
Use beeswax or emu oil for lotions or topical for the best results. The emu oil has a far less oily application..

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
What about getting it into the tissue? That's why I went with DMSO. Does emu oil smell? What about coconut oil?

M

mrhouston907

Off the subject, but I use oily lotion after I cut to remove the extra hash that ya didn't use fir finger hash, and gets rid of the smell. Try it next time ya cut, your hands won't stick to everything, people won't give ya dirty looks 3 days later, and it's non toxic

D

deserthealer

topical application for pain relief?

I was hoping to find a recipe for a cannabis cream, but I've yet to come across any mention of marijuana being used in this way. Is it a figment of my imagination, or has anyone tried making a cream from a timcture or oil?

Would appreciate any info!

joshadelph

joshadelph

We do a vegative leaf extraction for CBD's at the shop i work at, then we mix that ( which is just olive oil and veg leaf cooked on low heat for 24 hours) with a coco or shea butter base, and then you have some lotion with a anti-imflamitory element to it

D

deserthealer

Thanks, Josh!

Ever hear of it being used as a topical for neuropathy?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
We do a vegative leaf extraction for CBD's at the shop i work at, then we mix that ( which is just olive oil and veg leaf cooked on low heat for 24 hours) with a coco or shea butter base, and then you have some lotion with a anti-imflamitory element to it
What ratios are you using? Are you saying that you *only* cook the leaf with olive oil, or with the other oils as well? What's the smell like when you're finished?

I have bursitis in the hips, sometimes back injury-related neuropathy, would like to try different things, as you can see above (plus, the DMSO burned the first time I tried it).

FLB

FLB

coconut oil works really well and absorbs quickly. I make awesome topical with my reclaim, coconut and a few other misc essential oils. Ever heard of Doterra? Check em out, pure extracts. The reclaim added gives a numb feeling to the area applied.

joshadelph

joshadelph

We cook the olive oil and veg first, then mix it with a shea or coco base a friend makes, as to whats in there i am not positive, he has socoriosis bad and the lotion base is what he uses for that. people with arthrithis love it, I find it to be very soothing for muscle pains as well

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

I have made cannabis hand cream, but am still working on perfecting it.

My method requires a kitchen thermometer.

Here is my recipe:

1 1/4 cup of hot water

1/4 cup of emulsifying wax

1/4 cup of cannabis oil

In a pyrex glass container combine oil and wax. Microwave for 1 min. (or I use a glass measuring cup and place it in a small pan of water similar to a double boiler) until mix is 155 F.

Next heat the water to 125 F and pour into your wax/oil mixture.

Finally you pour the entire mix into whatever glass container you have. I use 8 oz. Ball or Kerr jars. One mix will fill 2 8 oz. jars.

I let the mix cool without a lid overnight, then cap it.

So far I have made two batches and the first came out perfect. The second separated.

The finished product is a little waxy but is absorbed well. It has a very nice natural smell. Not a strong cannabis smell. It has mild pain relief qualities, not as strong as I wanted.

I need to increase the dosage of trim to oil ratio on my next batch of oil. The first batch of oil was half strength to set a guideline.

Hope this helps.

BakedReality

BakedReality

Bean Poppin..
Supporter
coconut oil works really well and absorbs quickly. I make awesome topical with my reclaim, coconut and a few other misc essential oils. Ever heard of Doterra? Check em out, pure extracts. The reclaim added gives a numb feeling to the area applied.

FLB- I have been wanting to make a topical lotion/creme... I have extremely dry skin and almost have to use Plamer's Coconut Lotion

I would love to make a batch using coconut oil....and possibly adding fresh aloe vera..

Jack Dupp - I have used his lotion and even though it is in the beginning phase. I personally have experienced relief from his recipe...keep it up...thanks for sharing

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

Just to update...

I made another batch with full strength oil and was happy with the results. It feels a little like ICY HOT on my back. My step father uses it for his hands (arthritis) and while it doesn't completely alleviate pain and stiffness, it provides some relief.

I also found out if you follow the recipe that I posted, it is best to blend the mixture, before it cools, with a hand mixer. This helps emulsify the mixture and keep it from separating. Beware - you may want to pick up a set of mixing blades from a 2nd hand store as the wax really coats the blades, and makes for tough clean up.

Hope this helps.

D

donnachris

Lotion

i found this recipe at wikihow.com there are other recipes there that might be easier to make or might better serve yur purpose

1 Place aloe vera gel, lanolin and vitamin E oil in a blender or food processor.

2 Place coconut oil and beeswax in the top of a double boiler over a medium heat and stir until fully melted.

3 Stir in almond oil.

4 Run blender at low to medium speed, then pour in melted oils in a thin stream. As the oils are blended in the cream will turn white and the blender's motor will begin to grind. As soon as you have a mayonnaise-like consistency, stop motor, add essential oils and pulse blend. Do not overblend.

5 Transfer cream to glass jars while still warm because it thickens quickly

6 If you prefer a thinner consistency, reduce the amount of beeswax used to 1/4oz.

P

pikes peak 69

Very popular with patients that I know.

Granny’s Cannabis Salve
30 grams of ground Cannabis
55 grams Shea Oil
55 grams Cyclomethicone
45 grams White Cocoa Butter
45 grams Beeswax
35 grams Coffee Butter
30 grams Lanolin
15 grams Mango Butter
½ oz. Fragrance

Weigh all ingredients (except Fragrance) then melt together all ingredients except cannabis. Pour mixture over cannabis and stir. Pour thru cheesecloth to strain. Add Fragrance. Pour into wide mouth container. Mixture makes about 10 fl oz.

HTH
pp69

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

PP69 ~ Does this mixture need to steep after adding cannabis? Or do you just add them together and immediately strain?

I am very interested in this mix as the recipe that I am using has emulsifying wax, and it seems to clog pores. Looking for something like beeswax to replace it, and really like your recipe. Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom