Lotion?

• Thread starter greenguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

magiccaldron

how do you get the smell out? have professionals that can't be smellin like weed.

B

boxturtle

lotion making

I’m glad that this topic has arisen thank you. The last ingredient on the list was fragrance. Considering most perfumes are a complex assortment of scents that comes out like musical notes on the wearer. The first note is the initial impression of the sent when sprayed, the second note occurs after contact with the skin, and the third and final note is the way it smells after prolonged contact and mingling with natural oils. I was thinking that a lavender or citrus would be best for masking of smell as they linger well and usually complement ones natural sent. I know that most odor eliminators contain corn esters ( that would be a GM-No for me), or parabins (read as wax in the nose) neither of these sound like good options to me. I would think that depending on the strain that is being used one would try to find a complementary scent so that the cannabis could result as a pleasant note initial note but fade into a more crowd pleasing secondary and third note. Any suggestions as to combinations would be enlightening.

M

magiccaldron

has anyone tried using adding hash/keif to make a topical?

M

magiccaldron

ever tried using hash oil instead of the oil soaking method? Looking for method less ...messy.

M

magiccaldron

how do you get the smell out? have professionals that can't be smellin like weed.
i tried soaking the weed in cool water then drying thoughly in a very, very low oven. I found it mellowed the sent and lost alot of the green coloring.

F

funkelt

What you guys want for topical application would be CBD; thats the part thats going to give the numbing effect. Indicas have 4-5x more CBD than sativas so use the leaves from an indica. Also, plants that were harvested late and have amber crystals have a higher CBD content.

deep buddy

deep buddy

What you guys want for topical application would be CBD; thats the part thats going to give the numbing effect. Indicas have 4-5x more CBD than sativas so use the leaves from an indica. Also, plants that were harvested late and have amber crystals have a higher CBD content.
i would like to add that we have been having great results using glycerine tinc's as topical and they work GREAT! super fast absorption!
we use about 2 0z's of hash per 8 oz bottle.

nebulius

nebulius

I must respectfully disagree.
According to Harborside Health Care, the testing of their samples shows there are more sativa strains with high % of CBD than there are indica.
I actually prefer the high CBD sativa dom. strains. Helps with pain and doesn't make you sleepy.
Also, harvesting plants late has no affect on the % (amount) of CBD. CBD is determined by the genetics of the plant and the plant either has a high amount of CBD or it doesn't.

Found this article
In summary, moderate to high-CBD producing plants can be found among both the Indica and Sativa species North of 30 degrees North latitude. Overall, there is a greater amount of genetic variety in the Sativa species and thus a greater frequency of the genetics required for the production of CBD. The genetics required for CBD production can also be found in Indica strains that originate above the 30 degrees North line of latitude.

F

funkelt

Thats interesting. I learned the CBD thing from a pamphlet from a local grow op. I guess it is possible for a very large group of people to be wrong. This is certainly something to research further, thank you

dextr0

dextr0

i tried soaking the weed in cool water then drying thoughly in a very, very low oven. I found it mellowed the sent and lost alot of the green coloring.
that was the first thing i thought of when they were suggesting that some might need a more low key smelling lotion. water cure always kills most smell off.

N

NanasComfort

I put recipes and ideas for cannabis Infusion in my Facebook page. I post daily. Lately I have been learning a lot about essential oils and cannabis. Check it out. Your comments and suggestions are really appreciated. nanascomfort.com

Top Bottom