Lots Of Defiencies Using Jacks Hydro 5 12 26

• Thread starter irony
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

irony

Im using RO water,3grams of 5 12 26,2 calnit and 1 Epsom salts.
Lots of purple stems and branches.Some leaves are yellow with splotches of green and rusty dots and some are completely yellow and dying.

Not all leaves but scattered throughout the plant.
I'm thinking calmag but with all the cal and Epsom added I'm not sure what is it?
I'm using coco and perlite DTW with RO.Humidity is a bit low 37 so that will be the 1st thing to correct.Temps 75-84.
Anyone have any ideas?

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Why you ask if he's using gavitas? I think I know but what you thinking? @noone88

I

irony

Its medicineman or white rhino.Also it's a big eater.
I just transplanted about a week ago so there might be some root shock.
I could post pictures but leaves show different things.A few turned completely yellow,some have blotches like a p defiency,and some have brown dots on them.It shows a mag defiency on some and calcium on others.
Some are green with yellow in them,some are half yellow half green.

Its the strangest thing I've seen out of 10 leaves,they show 5 different things.
I have root bound plants go apeshit and throw all types of defiencies,so it could be root shock.
I sprayed with a 25% folar for a small boost in primary's.Hopefully this tomorrow it'll show improvement.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Im using RO water,3grams of 5 12 26,2 calnit and 1 Epsom salts.
Lots of purple stems and branches.Some leaves are yellow with splotches of green and rusty dots and some are completely yellow and dying.

Not all leaves but scattered throughout the plant.
I'm thinking calmag but with all the cal and Epsom added I'm not sure what is it?
I'm using coco and perlite DTW with RO.Humidity is a bit low 37 so that will be the 1st thing to correct.Temps 75-84.
Anyone have any ideas?
Cal nit and Epsom is cal mag. U certianly don't need to add more. Are you mixing all three things in seperate containers until dissolved? Then adding in the correct order? Are you getting any precip? Jacks mixed in those ratios will work fine. Did you use a good high quality coco? Salty coco will cause all types of issues. Are you feeding full strength? You really need to put pics up. Describing what's going on is cool but without seeing anyone's advice will be a guess in the dark at best. Get some pics up and someone will actually be able to help you.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Its medicineman or white rhino.Also it's a big eater.
I just transplanted about a week ago so there might be some root shock.
I could post pictures but leaves show different things.A few turned completely yellow,some have blotches like a p defiency,and some have brown dots on them.It shows a mag defiency on some and calcium on others.
Some are green with yellow in them,some are half yellow half green.

Its the strangest thing I've seen out of 10 leaves,they show 5 different things.
I have root bound plants go apeshit and throw all types of defiencies,so it could be root shock.
I sprayed with a 25% folar for a small boost in primary's.Hopefully this tomorrow it'll show improvement.
Really sounds like salt build up is causing all types of lock out. What is the ec of your runoff. I bet it's through the roof.

I

irony

Run off is 0.8,ph 5.8,temps 73-76,RH 36,ec in 1.0.
I think it's root shock and the container it came out of it was root bound.Also,RH is very low and sometimes falls to 28.
I fought root bound before and no matter what was done lots of things show up,but once transplanted and roots dig in it'll get better quickly.

ken dog

ken dog

You need to add nitrogen so that your Cal Mag can be utilized by the plants.

I would try to keep your pH at 5.8, and that way, both calcium and magnesium can be taken up by the plants.(you can lock out either calcium or magnesium by too high or too low of a pH).

I would recommend using Sensi Cal Mag Xtra by Advanced Nutrients... Its all mixed up and ready to use.

But it sounds like you might have everything that I listed, already under control. So...

That said, I think I agree with you, and it could be root shock... I'd transplant them into a bigger container, feed them a little bit, and see what happens.:)

Last edited:
GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Jacks does not offer the perfect ratio for cannabis, it needs to be applied with a very keen sense of observation to avoid any major issues because they will amplify rapidly.

Your RH is a huge issue. You plant will transpire quickly and EC will build up.

With that said, how mature are these plants??? 0.8 EC is food for clones... If you can, flush with 800-900 ppm of the jacks ratio at 5.8 and add sea green (fulvic acid). During this time raise your lights and drop CO2, this will slow your plans from getting worse.

haha i'm a no-body and my opinions are worth absolutely zero. But yea, Gavita's love to fuck up plants around day 25-30 of flower.
LOL, no one was talking shit, but you do have a point. The high intensity of Double Ended lighting (especially in a sealed room) will amplify any nutritional imbalance. Incorporate more metabolic boosters like fulvic acid.

N

noone88

LOL, no one was talking shit, but you do have a point. The high intensity of Double Ended lighting (especially in a sealed room) will amplify any nutritional imbalance. Incorporate more metabolic boosters like fulvic acid.

Mittenmedgrow and I have been discussing why we are seeing deficiencies in our Gavita room. My partner and I have had to change the spacing of the lights, lower the intensity, and increase our Part A and increase CalMag to push the deficiencies into the later weeks. I'll double our fulvic use, or maybe use a different form of fulvic (we use Cyco Uptake).

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

To me with that ratio of Jacks' That's way to much K for my likings especially in coco.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Mittenmedgrow and I have been discussing why we are seeing deficiencies in our Gavita room. My partner and I have had to change the spacing of the lights, lower the intensity, and increase our Part A and increase CalMag to push the deficiencies into the later weeks. I'll double our fulvic use, or maybe use a different form of fulvic (we use Cyco Uptake).
Also, consider spraying with a product called Liquid Greatness and some pure protein fish powder. The fish is a great source of N and the Greatness is Calcium Phosphite, absorbable through the stomata immediately. Try this early on.

I went through the same issues in my first sealed, open reflector DE room and it's definitely N and Cal needs that are increased. I've had to tweak my regular recipe to accommodate, even went back to Veg + Bloom from Jacks until I have a full handle on it.

Remember that Foliar feeding will satisfy issues quicker, so a complete Foliar recipe is key.

N

noone88

Also, consider spraying with a product called Liquid Greatness and some pure protein fish powder. The fish is a great source of N and the Greatness is Calcium Phosphite, absorbable through the stomata immediately. Try this early on.

I went through the same issues in my first sealed, open reflector DE room and it's definitely N and Cal needs that are increased. I've had to tweak my regular recipe to accommodate, even went back to Veg + Bloom from Jacks until I have a full handle on it.

Remember that Foliar feeding will satisfy issues quicker, so a complete Foliar recipe is key.

Yea I think most experienced growers can get past the Gavita learning curve. But I feel bad for newbie_grower420 that decides to grow using a Gavita and a normal feeding schedule.

I had one gavita at the lowest setting in my 10 light vertical bulb room and it torched 1/3 of the room.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Yea I think most experienced growers can get past the Gavita learning curve. But I feel bad for newbie_grower420 that decides to grow using a Gavita and a normal feeding schedule.

I had one gavita at the lowest setting in my 10 light vertical bulb room and it torched 1/3 of the room.
Haha, damn!

Ya, this lighting is not to be toyed with! Once you tame them it pumps the weight

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Sorry to take part in this thread jacking but I seem to be having a different problem than Noone 88 . Once I get to the flowering the plants look great, I'm having issues with the veg and transition phase. If I get them through the stretch without frying them I'm good

N

noone88

Sorry to take part in this thread jacking but I seem to be having a different problem than Noone 88 . Once I get to the flowering the plants look great, I'm having issues with the veg and transition phase. If I get them through the stretch without frying them I'm good

Yea my issue has been from week 3 and on during flower but we seem to have resolved most of our issues. Don't know what advice I could give you :(

ken dog

ken dog

More cowbell... You need more cowbell.

Lol. I mean cal mag... You need more cal mag.

Top Bottom