Low electric bill. high yield is it possible?

• Thread starter Jon808Burn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
My legal limit, of course! ;)

outwest

Jon808Burn

Jon808Burn

haha of course!! well i'll figure this out eventually. i'll def throw some pics up once it starts. thanks for the help peeps

Bannacis

Bannacis

Its all about the genetics and how you grow, for 3 years i ran two 150 hps in a spare bedroom,
in a modular home, used central air and fans. I got 9 oz's from one harvest, Mango(kC Brains) and cotton candy. super cropped and treated them well. one harvest in a five gallon bucket Island sweet skunk, under same lights got 6 oz from her. All natural no synthetics.

How big of space do you have,
do you have easy access to fresh air?....exhaust?
if ur real concerned go 400 and it wont be that bad, just like four 100 watt standard light bulbs.
then circulating fan, fresh air/exhaust fan, maybe pump or bubbler.
good luck...keeper green

Jon808Burn

Jon808Burn

Its all about the genetics and how you grow, for 3 years i ran two 150 hps in a spare bedroom,
in a modular home, used central air and fans. I got 9 oz's from one harvest, Mango(kC Brains) and cotton candy. super cropped and treated them well. one harvest in a five gallon bucket Island sweet skunk, under same lights got 6 oz from her. All natural no synthetics.

How big of space do you have,
do you have easy access to fresh air?....exhaust?
if ur real concerned go 400 and it wont be that bad, just like four 100 watt standard light bulbs.
then circulating fan, fresh air/exhaust fan, maybe pump or bubbler.
good luck...keeper green
i have a space thats 3.25 x 3.25 x 6.5 ft wow thats impressive , 9 oz! how many plants was it. im still trying to decide between less, larger plants or more, smaller plants. Would be looking for a dominant indica hybrid

ttystikk

ttystikk

Hey Jon, welcome to the toughest decision you'll make about your new grow; how to light it. If you're worried about spiking your utility bill, you might consider getting a convertible 400w ballast and fixture; the advantages include low heat signature and therefore less trouble to cool it, small footprint and cheap bulbs ($25) available at home depot. This will give you more light for your watts than any other lighting tech outside of LED, and lower cost of entry. Best of all, there is no need to worry about outgrowing this setup because you can always use it to veg, no matter how big your op eventually gets.

As for howto maximize your yield in a small space, you got some reading to do! I'd start here:
FlowaMasta's 600watt + UVB 1 plant monster !!

Larry OG vs. Tahoe OG in Dual Monster Plant System

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

Weedobix

Weedobix

how much weed do you need? A 400w could get you around 8 to 14 oz. A tiny 250w may even get you 8 if you do well.

Bannacis

Bannacis

i have a space thats 3.25 x 3.25 x 6.5 ft wow thats impressive , 9 oz! how many plants was it. im still trying to decide between less, larger plants or more, smaller plants. Would be looking for a dominant indica hybrid

your space is perfect for the 400, 600 might be too much unless you have a serious air flow.
I had 4 plants in 5 gal buckets, used nutes that i got locally from lowes or wally world.
bone meal,blood meal,dolmite lime, kelp, fish emulsion
bigger pot bigger top. read up on super cropping and low stress trimming/pruning.
:D

snowdrop

snowdrop

I agree, 600w is nothing.

Many heaters run at 2000w - 2500w, as do many home stereo systems.

The spike caused by a 600w globe would be hardly noticeable.

Bannacis

Bannacis

using two 150watt hps I got from lowes...
Mango from KC brains.
1. two little ladies
2. super cropping and bending... 2 1/2 gal pot
3. lolly pop and in 5 gal buckets... lolly pop is to remove lower branches, leave best branches for canopy
4. getting some nice bud growth
5. one of the finished girls. nice yield too. over 6 z'

Indside 16
Indside 6
Indside 17
IMG 0171
IMG 0020
Aerojoe

Aerojoe

Hey jon, I think it's best that you do go find another place. I'm fairly certain that any abuse of the free utilities from your landlord can only end in him trying to find out why/what's drawing so much?

sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

Dude. Average cost per kwh of electricity is $0.11. 600w 12 hrs per day is 7.2kwhx$0.11=.792 cents per day. Which equals $23.76 per month. Double (47.52) for 24 hrs on.

socalval

socalval

whatever you do run them at night when its cheaper and cooler like 7to 7 so when time falls back you will still be in the off peak hours .

RELOADER212

RELOADER212

2 600s bumped my bill ~$100. Not a big jump.

outwest
That seems a little high to me. I run 2 digital 600's on a constant 12/12 and a 400 mh 24/7 for veg and clones, and my bill is about $80.00 a month higher then before.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
That seems a little high to me. I run 2 digital 600's on a constant 12/12 and a 400 mh 24/7 for veg and clones, and my bill is about $80.00 a month higher then before.

That's during veg for me.

outwest

Element

Element

Hey Jon
Your on the right track it sounds like. I recently moved from sd so I understand the high cost of utilities down there and how anti-pot that city is. Since your worried about your landlord, I think moving would be your best bet. But if that isnt in the cards a 600w should give you a great yield without jacking your bill up too, too high. Oh and If you can throw a couple plants outside, do it! SD weather is great for outdoor, especially around la mesa
element
ps if you do move, look into sdge's care program. My electric bill was 1/3 of the normal price.

Latest posts

Top Bottom