low humidy cant figure out why..

• Thread starter bstilwell1988
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bstilwell1988

bstilwell1988

Alright so I have a 4x4 ten with a 240cfm inline fan for exhaust which is hooked up to a speed controller on medium speed. I have another inline fan but think its already getting a lot of air circulation just using a smaller circular fan at.hi speed blowing air in the tent. My humidity averages 20%. I Also have a5 galln bucket with an air Stone pushing out extra.humidity and.still I get lows of 0%. How can i Fix this

orbad

orbad

A. Is your hygrometer accurate?

B. What's the temperature, and differential between the tent and adjacent room/ air source?

C. How big are your plants?

You could possibly run your fan on a timer, depending on the needs of your plants, ie: size. Your currently changing out the air almost once a minute if your fan is running at 1/2 CFM.

Edit to add: the temperature differential between the tent and the lung room is important to factor because air has an increasing ability to hold air as its temperature increases. Thus heating a volume of air with a fixed amount of water (humidity) in it will decrease its "relative humidity" by increasing its potential to hold water. That's why its called "relative humidity" because it is relative to the amount of water the air can hold.

bstilwell1988

bstilwell1988

Temp in tent is 75. I would guess Room temp is usually 68. I have 4 plants about a foot tall. Is it just too much air circulation.. I know i at léase need a humidifyer. Swamp Colomer I relieves would flower temas too much

squiggly

squiggly

Alright so I have a 4x4 ten with a 240cfm inline fan for exhaust which is hooked up to a speed controller on medium speed. I have another inline fan but think its already getting a lot of air circulation just using a smaller circular fan at.hi speed blowing air in the tent. My humidity averages 20%. I Also have a5 galln bucket with an air Stone pushing out extra.humidity and.still I get lows of 0%. How can i Fix this

1. It's still wintry.

2. An airstone in a bucket is the lowest possible efficiency humidifier ever--you'd do better throwing some wet paper towels haphazardly on the floor.

3. Humidify the room your intake is coming from. Or have a humidifier directly next to your intake.

bstilwell1988

bstilwell1988

Ya i know i need at least one humidifier but I cant spend a.shit load on it and dont want it to be a piece of crap

orbad

orbad

I just picked up one for 30 bucks at target and put in my tent. With the fan on I'm keeping 50% RH with 12 clones in it.

Check out my thread in the DIY section to see it.

P

paulycali

Are you re setting the hygrometer every day? It just might be your hygrometer. This is a good way to tell if it's giving you an accurate reading or not. Try it for a few days and see what happens

bstilwell1988

bstilwell1988

I do reset every week so if anything its broken. But I'm guessing I do need a humidifier. And @ squiggly. How am I a pickle just curious. I've spent a lot of money and I only have a.4x4 tent that I am using at this point so y would I need a.expensive humidifier for a small place.

squiggly

squiggly

I do reset every week so if anything its broken. But I'm guessing I do need a humidifier. And @ squiggly. How am I a pickle just curious. I've spent a lot of money and I only have a.4x4 tent that I am using at this point so y would I need a.expensive humidifier for a small place.

You said you wanted a non-shitty humidifier at a cheap cost.

Those two things do not go together.

Top Bottom