Low Odor Clones

• Thread starter TheKoreanKid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TheKoreanKid

Got 8 clones here ready to be put in 5 Gal Smart Pots here in a week or so.
Just recently harvested my first grow but let me tell you, they have very little odor.
I know when I bought the buds I got the seeds from they smelled dank, but they sure dont smell much right now.
Reamended the soil I used for last grow but added some more for the extra plants.
Soil: Nectar For the gods #4
Amendments:
Fish Bone Meal
Blood Meal
EWC
Kelp Granuals
Alfalfa Granuals
Gypsum
Lime
Bat Guano

Gonna try my hand at topping this time so hopefully I can get some more harvest per plant compared to this last grow. I am hoping to get 6 ounces off the three I just chopped.

Oh something I did that I think will work nice was mounted a three wheel caster of sorts under the tray for my pots. I think it will make moving them around periodically very easy.
Low odor clones
Low odor clones 2
Low odor clones 3
Low odor clones 4

T

TheKoreanKid

Lights are Viparspectra 300w LED, then a 1500w LED, and lastly a 350 cmh. Might want to buy more lighting since I will have more girls

Plumbitup

Plumbitup

Got 8 clones here ready to be put in 5 Gal Smart Pots here in a week or so.
Just recently harvested my first grow but let me tell you, they have very little odor.
I know when I bought the buds I got the seeds from they smelled dank, but they sure dont smell much right now.
Reamended the soil I used for last grow but added some more for the extra plants.
Soil: Nectar For the gods #4
Amendments:
Fish Bone Meal
Blood Meal
EWC
Kelp Granuals
Alfalfa Granuals
Gypsum
Lime
Bat Guano

Gonna try my hand at topping this time so hopefully I can get some more harvest per plant compared to this last grow. I am hoping to get 6 ounces off the three I just chopped.

Oh something I did that I think will work nice was mounted a three wheel caster of sorts under the tray for my pots. I think it will make moving them around periodically very easy. View attachment 865684View attachment 865685View attachment 865686View attachment 865687

I inadvertently flowered a tent full of plants under a 315 CMH Philips veg only bulb. They looked great, covered with trichomes, but zero odor, and close to zero potency. I later grew the same seeds outdoors and they were great in every respect, so your light source can definitely be a factor as far as the lack of odor. I’m not familiar lights you’re using. Good luck!

T

TheKoreanKid

Hopefully mine has some potency haha. I gave my friend an early cut to smoke and it was good but not top shelf. I can't smoke for a while due to work stuff but once this is done in 4 weeks of cure I will be able to see the fruits of my labor.

T

TheKoreanKid

Had a bit of a mag deficiency I think. Have been feeding 75% strength cal mag plus 1/2 tbs of molasses per gallon. Im wondering if I should move my lights up a bit to encourage a little more stretching. I just turned on my cmh 315, didnt want to give them too much light to start out. These were cuts from my girls about 2-3 weeks into flower I think. Hoping to see some rapid growth soon as it has been like 5 weeks getting them to reveg. SO many nodes though, holy cow!
20190425 162644
20190425 162647
20190425 162648
20190425 162652
20190425 162655

T

TheKoreanKid

Wow, look at how big my girls are getting! It's crazy, cause im thinking they arent going anywhere but then i look back at my last pics I posted and im amazed! Time to get these girls stretching up a bit. Not gonna flip, just raising the lights bit by bit over the week or so. Grinder for comparison on size.
20190507 212949
20190507 213017
20190507 213021
20190507 213048
20190507 213052
20190507 213056
20190507 213100
20190507 213102
20190507 213112

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
One of the problems that arise from starting plants from regular seeds, is that there is usually no way of knowing what pollinated the female, and how much the original bud expresses itself since you can get several phenos from them. How long did you let them finish. I seem to get the most flavor and potency by letting them go totally, not necessarily what a seed retailer might say. Sativa's smell a LOT less than Indica;s do, FWIW.
Keep up the good work!

T

TheKoreanKid

One of the problems that arise from starting plants from regular seeds, is that there is usually no way of knowing what pollinated the female, and how much the original bud expresses itself since you can get several phenos from them. How long did you let them finish. I seem to get the most flavor and potency by letting them go totally, not necessarily what a seed retailer might say. Sativa's smell a LOT less than Indica;s do, FWIW.
Keep up the good work!
I took these cuts a couple weeks into flower. As for the bud I harvested, I think I took it around 8-9 weeks. The trichs were turning so I thought it time. The results are very meh. But it was my first grow, I doubt this will be more potent. I will eventually order some higher quality seeds.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I took these cuts a couple weeks into flower. As for the bud I harvested, I think I took it around 8-9 weeks. The trichs were turning so I thought it time. The results are very meh. But it was my first grow, I doubt this will be more potent. I will eventually order some higher quality seeds.
I can't overstate enough about letting the plants flower until they are done, as in stopped growing. During my last 2 weeks of flowering, things bulk up at least 2X what they were before. I don't go by the trichome cloudy/clear method but maybe that's because I grow mostly Sativa and I also prefer the taste of fully finished buds. They might not be the bright green nuggets, since the colors will often change and you will lose some of the green if you finish it totally. I have had a few Indica's that were beautiful, tasted great, but didn't have much quality as far as potency... so the problem could very well be lousy seeds. You will find that your growing skills will rapidly increase after a grow or two. Don't fall for all of the fancy graphics and promises that the top priced products make. There are products out there that are cheap and just as effective.
Regarding Panama Red... the stem's color didn't have much to do with the name. Acapulco Gold (sp?) wasn't necessarily gold, but it was packed in a gold colored packaging and that is where the name originated. Panama Red might have been the same, although it might be from the bud's color, as in Colombian Red Bud. All of my stems turn red/purple and always have...it might be the strain as well. OK, I'm done with my rant. Keep up the good work and rewards will be yours. I think back to my 1st graw 30 yrs ago or so... I was so proud of my plants, and I got about an ounce each or less. Experience has increased the yield greatly and I get as much from 1 plant as I did from my entire 1st grow. One "trick" is to keep from giving in the urge to cut down. While growing, the buds are heavy and full, but when dried, they shrink by 90% in some cases. Letting the finish fully will increase the weight and the taste/potency. I remember I was always disappointed when I would harvest and the buds were light and spindly. By letting them finish, they grow much heavier and solid. FWIW.

B

Burned Haze

Your doing great!

You can def tell your plants not only are being trained well and your putting the time in correcting all the issues your having . Keep it up and your plants are definitely growing & showing vigorousness ( subscribed for the future )

Good luck on your pheno/genetics hunt! Find that unique gem ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TheKoreanKid

Your doing great!

You can def tell your plants not only are being trained well and your putting the time in correcting all the issues your having . Keep it up and your plants are definitely growing & showing vigorousness ( subscribed for the future )

Good luck on your pheno/genetics hunt! Find that unique gem ;)
I have definitely been putting the effort to train this round. I am done training now I think. Next I am going to put out either a scrog or some sort of tomato trellis thing to help hold everyone together.

T

TheKoreanKid

I can't overstate enough about letting the plants flower until they are done, as in stopped growing. During my last 2 weeks of flowering, things bulk up at least 2X what they were before. I don't go by the trichome cloudy/clear method but maybe that's because I grow mostly Sativa and I also prefer the taste of fully finished buds. They might not be the bright green nuggets, since the colors will often change and you will lose some of the green if you finish it totally. I have had a few Indica's that were beautiful, tasted great, but didn't have much quality as far as potency... so the problem could very well be lousy seeds. You will find that your growing skills will rapidly increase after a grow or two. Don't fall for all of the fancy graphics and promises that the top priced products make. There are products out there that are cheap and just as effective.
Regarding Panama Red... the stem's color didn't have much to do with the name. Acapulco Gold (sp?) wasn't necessarily gold, but it was packed in a gold colored packaging and that is where the name originated. Panama Red might have been the same, although it might be from the bud's color, as in Colombian Red Bud. All of my stems turn red/purple and always have...it might be the strain as well. OK, I'm done with my rant. Keep up the good work and rewards will be yours. I think back to my 1st graw 30 yrs ago or so... I was so proud of my plants, and I got about an ounce each or less. Experience has increased the yield greatly and I get as much from 1 plant as I did from my entire 1st grow. One "trick" is to keep from giving in the urge to cut down. While growing, the buds are heavy and full, but when dried, they shrink by 90% in some cases. Letting the finish fully will increase the weight and the taste/potency. I remember I was always disappointed when I would harvest and the buds were light and spindly. By letting them finish, they grow much heavier and solid. FWIW.
I will be more patient this run. I think I got maybe 11 ounces of three plants last run

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I will be more patient this run. I think I got maybe 11 ounces of three plants last run
As you continue to refine your system, your yield will go up. Don't try too much new stuff at once, just adjusting a few things, like letting things flower a little longer than the seller said, will add a little extra to your growing knowledge and soon it will be simple and stress free.
Go slow, smell the flowers along the way. Life is good.

T

TheKoreanKid

Checking in. This is three days after flip. Amazing growth but I sure hope they stretch like 2x more! I know i am just into my new light cycle so lots of time for improvement. Though I do have a fair amount of white hairs already on day 3!? So soon?!

20190524 181304
20190524 181316

Top Bottom