Low On Nitrogen?

• Thread starter Mrniceguy420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mrniceguy420

Mrniceguy420

High! New to this site. Straight to the point. I'm using the last of my 2 part sensi grow and bloom,(I'm going self made "super soil" here on out). Noticed my ladies who are now 3 weeks into bloom, started 12/12 on Feb. 1st, are yellowing a very little bit, caught it early, and I was wondering should I give it a teensie bit more of the part A (3-0-0 N.P.K) Bloom. [Side Note: I noticed that the sensi A Bloom, and the sensi A Grow, have the same exact N.P.K ratio.] I'm still a little new to growing, but I'm starting to understand the basics. I'm also starting to learn enviroment control is a constant struggle.

Ps. It's hard to get a good picture because my bloom lights are on. It's a very light yellowing discoloration, and I see it on the new growth

Thanks for any help.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Welcome to the Farm!

The long answer..Plants in flower often have a higher demand for some nutrients. They start to really take up potassium in particular. Potassium will compete for uptake with other nutrients like N and Ca. A common mistake new growers sometimes make is switching over to bloom nutrients too soon when they switch to 12/12. The reduced nitrogen combined with increased K uptake often leaves plants N deficient, as well as Ca, iron etc.. The yellowing on the younger leaves is an indicator that it's an immobile nutrient deficiency, In this case likely Calcium. Which honestly could have even precipitated from your nutrients since you said it's the end of the bottle.

I like to run my Veg nutrients until the end of week 2. Week 3 I do 50/50 veg/bloom nutrients. By week 4 I'm using just bloom nutrients. But that's for 8-9 we strains. Long flowering sativa I'd run the high N fert longer into flower.

Short answer, yes I'd bump up your N and calcium a little bit, Using 100ppm pure calcium nitrate. Unless you also see leaves yellowing between the veins, then I'd use Cal mag at about 150ppm.

Mrniceguy420

Mrniceguy420

Thank you for the welcome and the info as well. I never thought of doing it like that. I've always done a little flush before flower, and the slowly introduce the bloom nutes per feeding. I'll definitely give it a try before I finish off my liquid nutes. And as for these ladies, I'll give em' a little bump in "N" and see if that helps. That's why I'm excited to make this transition to living soil. I've been reading alot about microbial life in the soil and I'm excited to see what results I get. Thank again for the info

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Thank you for the welcome and the info as well. I never thought of doing it like that. I've always done a little flush before flower, and the slowly introduce the bloom nutes per feeding. I'll definitely give it a try before I finish off my liquid nutes. And as for these ladies, I'll give em' a little bump in "N" and see if that helps. That's why I'm excited to make this transition to living soil. I've been reading alot about microbial life in the soil and I'm excited to see what results I get. Thank again for the info

You're quite welcome. Dont forget to give a little calcium too. I'm pretty sure based on the description thats mainly what you're lacking.

Nugg

Nugg

First hello and welcome.hope we can all help each other out....when you are struggling any advice may sound good to you,but never just start adding more to your mix first... double check everything thing else first...are your roots good,soil mix dry,wet,what's your pH..what's your ec or ppm know...stuff like that so we have a better idea of what you have, simply because so many things can cause issues that appear to be another...shut your light off for a minute and take a picture.

Mrniceguy420

Mrniceguy420

Gotcha. I should of thought to take a picture. You guys need appropriate info to make any form of accurate diagnosis. It was a spur of the moment kind of thing.

Anyway, PH is between 6 and 6.5 at every watering and feeding. I feed everything at full strength at half a gallon, every other feed, ([ex.] Feed, water, feed water), except for the bluberry,(smaller one in the middle with the leaves reaching for the sky), she only gets a half strength feeding at half a gallon. I dont check the ppm of my feeds. That is also probably worth mentioning‍♂️. 5×5×7 tent, 1000w hps with a 2000w bestva led I bought a long time back before I knew anything about leds.

I got lights on and off pics and I'm hoping they're clear enough. Ima horrible photographer. First pic is the one I think Is "N" deficient. Thanks for the help guys, cant describe how greatly its appreciated

20190223 151752
20190223 151822
20190223 151811
20190223 151800
20190223 151054
20190223 151015
20190223 150952
20190223 150244
20190223 150549
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Gotcha. I should of thought to take a picture. You guys need appropriate info to make any form of accurate diagnosis. It was a spur of the moment kind of thing.

Anyway, PH is between 6 and 6.5 at every watering and feeding. I feed everything at full strength at half a gallon, every other feed, ([ex.] Feed, water, feed water), except for the bluberry,(smaller one in the middle with the leaves reaching for the sky), she only gets a half strength feeding at half a gallon. I dont check the ppm of my feeds. That is also probably worth mentioning‍♂️. 5×5×7 tent, 1000w hps with a 2000w bestva led I bought a long time back before I knew anything about leds.

I got lights on and off pics and I'm hoping they're clear enough. Ima horrible photographer. First pic is the one I think Is "N" deficient. Thanks for the help guys, cant describe how greatly its appreciated
Looks like iron defciency. I hate to say it, but I'd use calmag with a half strength nutrient solution for a few feedings. And get a tds pen.
Alternately a light feeding of iron sulphate could do the trick also.

Top Bottom