Low PPM numbers in Run Off during Flushing

• Thread starter evu80
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
evu80

evu80

Hey Farmers

My plants have been looking like shit as of late and I believe its mostly due to the low RH and warmer than usual temps.

But when I tested my run off yesterday, I notice it was significally lower ( 300 ppm ) than usual after I flush with Clearx for 10 minutes.

How would you guys interpret this? Is my plant not absorbing enough food around its root zone? I normally feed 900ish PPM during Veg and whenever I flush them just to prevent salt build up, my run off is usually around the same concentration as the food I feed them.

never had this happen before and wonder if this means something else is wrong with my plants that is not RH and environment related.

hiboy

hiboy

Check ur meter for accuracy. first thought that came to mind
hb

evu80

evu80

thats what I initially thought as well cause apparently, a teaspoon of GH's grow mirco or bloom in one gallon of water is suppose to be roughly 135 ppm and it never comes out close to that, always much higher. I'll have to borrow a friends PPM meter.

How do you go about checking for accuracy

MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

Get some calibration solution and calibrate your meter.... Pretty simple... They even sell one time use packages at some stores so you don't have to buy the whole bottle

bobby

bobby

Always have the right equipment if you want to avoid frustrating situations....without the right tools, you cannot learn how to properly grow.

Top Bottom