Low runoff EC, looks like potassium def

• Thread starter Ronnie88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Ronnie88

So my last three feedings go like this - 1.5 EC, 1.8 EC, and 2.5 EC. No waters just three feeds in a row. Im in beds and the plants are 3ft tall. I bumped it up from 1.8 because they were showing potassium deficiency. It kept getting worse after the last feed so i took a soil sample and tested ph and EC. EC was only 0.3-0.5 EC 2 days after the last feed, soil is still wet. Ph was 5.5 . Im in week 7 and bud growth seems to have slown down. All the signs tell me to boost feeding again. If i had lockout i would expect my soil EC to be higher right? Im going to give them a compost tea with bennies i just made for the next water, wondering if i should add some nutes as well.

sixstring

sixstring

depends on how long the strain usually goes.i would just start my water only flush but if your planning some teas then go for it.if its a long one like 9-10 weeks than i would feed lighter like1.0ec and use the teas also and taper from there.maybe some more will chime in.whats the strain?might just be telling you shes done,i have had stuff finish in 50 days,not often but it happens.gl

R

Ronnie88

purple kush, they definitely arent drinking now, today would be my normal water day and the beds wont be nice and dry, they are still moist today :(. The only reasons i can think of why they wouldnt be drinking is high salinity in the soil (runoff was low though), ph is off (my tests look within range), damaged roots, sudden bug attack on roots, weirdness.

sixstring

sixstring

I would say just water tomorrow with teas only and let em finish out.2.5 ec is pretty high to see such low ec with your runoff but that dont mean it aint locked up in your soil still.you could do a slurry test to get better ec and ph readings.but I would just start my flush with the teas and finish with water only last few days.i get plants that just shut down on drinking during late flower sometimes, I just use water only and they will eventually start drinking again.gl

R

Ronnie88

Hey thanks yeah ill just give them a diluted tea. Im in beds so i couldnt do a runoff, i took a soil sample and mixed it in some water and tested that way.

Top Bottom