Low Soil Ph

• Thread starter Leew421
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Leew421

Leew421

So my soil is really low, 4-5 and I have run a shit ton of RO and mild nutes to correct the issue. On some plants I was able to raise it after a whole lot of RO but others are stubborn and won't correct as quickly. Been thinking of oyster shell to try and get quick results so I don't face lock out real bad. Is that a recommended remedy or maybe dolomite as a possible lime to raise with? Soil pH meter was a great investment.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

what type soil we talking about,,just curious never seen soil that low of ph,,dolimite will bring it to a nuetral 7.0,,but that said not all plants enjoy it,,at 4 5 ph sounds like your running straight sand,,you can also tweek around your feeds to bring the ph up,,know a guy in cali that has water at 8.5 and soil ph at 6,he has the correct balance threw the mix of his nutrients if you dig

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

this is whats wrong.too high of nutes.wen yur high in veg it rises,wen yur high n flower it drops
the main goal is neutral,,if you have to drop feed ,so be it,,if you have to add more nutes so be it,,one thing for sure if you dont tweek and figure out soon,,them nanner be visiting you,you never answered what medium your using,,i have never seen soil that low of ph,and with a balanced soil you dont even need the nutes,,the soil is the nutes

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

often times we add this or that to make what we image as something great,,might be,but more often than not it just makes problem,,the foundation is the goal,,i have seen this plant grow straight from a cracked rock,,if it not telling you it needs something else dont mess with it all im saying,,a plus is less to dry and cure quicker and without all this and that makes you stoned quicker,,but in my opinion if you want the super dooper plant,,then go hard on the nutes,but do it in perlite or a mix of coco and perlite,,pro mix and perlite,,then you are creating a plant,not tending to one as soil does,,i grow in a balnced soil mix of equal 3 parts ,sand ,silt,clay,,when i have that balance i add compost,,and even though the compost keeps everything happy,,the main base to substain life is always there,,i figured this out when i got hurt and couldnt tend to them daily and several days they went without and believe it or not turned out better,,just because my base was in check,,tell ya what,,take a cup full of your soil and a cup full of water,put a tsp of dishwashing soap in a quart size mason jar,,cap it,,shake that bitch up for about 2 or 3 minutes,,sit it some were level and leave it alone for 24 hrs,,after 24 hours look at the jar,,your sand will be on bottom,,silt will be next and then clay,,look at the difenent layers,,all that above the water line is organic matter,,compost and stuff,,see we can add all kinds of stuff to make air filteration with perlite,,but that sand is as important as the clay,,the clay keeps that erie slogan cal mag out of your life,,sand is the filter,,if you have a even base and water that base it will seem like it takes forever to get to bottom of pot,,but each has its on duties to do,,compost and all that is the energy drink for them,,but the base builds life and as you know keeping them critters in the soil happy brings happy plants,,compost nutrients are all additive you choice to use,,they work for sure,but you also have to make the microbes happy and not kill um off,,some of these nutrients that claim there organic arent,,with a happy web in there you would be surprised what just a cover crop would do for the plant,,and on and on,,but i hope this helps a little,,just my method,,wish i could control my body ph as easy as it is in plants,lmao

Leew421

Leew421

I use Royal Kings mix. I think the issue was the langbenite. I mix low and they just went into flower. I feed really light in veg.

Leew421

Leew421

The other plants without the langbenite went back to 6-6.5. it's the others that I added it a while back to that are the real issue.

Leew421

Leew421

Lesson learned on application of langbenite for sure. I also got some biocozyme to help break that up too. K lock out is on the edge

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I use Royal Kings mix. I think the issue was the langbenite. I mix low and they just went into flower. I feed really light in veg.
never heard of it,,so i suggest the jar trick and go from there

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Lesson learned on application of langbenite for sure. I also got some biocozyme to help break that up too. K lock out is on the edge
well from what all your saying,,think a drench of humic fulvic would stabilize them and then pick up were you left off,hopfully better,,i dont mean flush either,,drench the humic fulvic like your regular feed and in 3 days you should see better results

Top Bottom