Low yield issues

• Thread starter Dbd143
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dbd143

Dbd143

I have been consistently getting low yield returns off my blasts. i use whole buds hand broken and frozen for 3 days. my tane is vector also in the freezer for 3-5 days. i blasted 27 grams only got a 2.1 return after a 24 hour purge. i know i have to be doing something wrong. the oil is absolutely amazing one of my best batches yet but only 2g's?

Last edited:
Sirdabsalot

Sirdabsalot

Can we get a pic of the starting material?

How tightly are you packing the tube?
These two variables are the most influential aspects regarding yield.

In order to obtain those crazy yields of 20%+ the material should be something equivalent to what you would put in your pipe for personal stoneage.

Sirdabsalot

Sirdabsalot

Also, a variable that often is overlooked is the extraction tube itself.

The shape at the injection port, the ID(Inner Diameter ), and the flare at the lip of exit side.
-ID ideally should be 1.25"-1.5", but I have had some great results on my last run with my 60gram tube with an ID of 1.75"(27%+ yield).
-I also "shift" the can as I inject. i.e: instead of positioning the can completely vertical, I'll tilt it as I'm blasting, tilt at all angles of 360*
Contingent upon how much you are running, I usually count 5 seconds in each position.

I also pack in a fresh un-bleached coffee first, this helps to disperse the solvent more efficiently through the tube.

Dbd143

Dbd143

i dont have a picture of the starting material. but it was rock dense i didnt want to use a grinder bc someone told me you lose essential oils doing it that way. i dont get sugar leaves and trim too often so i have to rely on nugs but the yields are jsut too low

Sirdabsalot

Sirdabsalot

Yeah, yo do not want to grind, break up into pea sized nugs of equal proportions.

If possible, calyx by calyx is an awesome reference.
Break it up over a sheet of parch paper, and funnel into your tube to reduce trichome loss.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Yeah, yo do not want to grind, break up into pea sized nugs of equal proportions.

If possible, calyx by calyx is an awesome reference.
Break it up over a sheet of parch paper, and funnel into your tube to reduce trichome loss.

Sir Dabs!

outwest

Latest posts

Top Bottom