Lower leaves brown and curling

• Thread starter Buckeyefan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Buckeyefan

Y'all have any ideas what this could be? The leaves on this auto are the only ones curling and have brown dried areas. I did notice on 2 of the photos that the inside of stems have a dark streaks. I have a couple of thoughts on what it may be but wanted some advice. I do think that my ph water level was way low at around 4.7 about 10 days ago.I corrected it with the last feeding last Sunday. Another thought is that the auto is now flowering and didnt use the correct nutrients, Super thrive foliage pro which has hight nitrogen. I corrected that by using Groteck monster bloom on just the auto. All the brown leaves were mostly at bottom of plant and on th bigger leaves.

Lower leaves brown and curling
Lower leaves brown and curling 2
Lower leaves brown and curling 3
R

RGWD0202

Do you use a calmag? Also could be a pest, but if it’s starting at bottom of plant and working up it’s likely a nute/ph problem. Not likely a light issue if it’s at the bottom and not top of plant. Look for pests, but could be a cal deficiency or that low ph you had earlier could be the issue.

B

Buckeyefan

Yea, I'm giving cal mag and iron every feeding, 25 ml per 5 gal. I'll check close this evening for pests, thanks.
I also have these in natures living soil, could I be overfeeding them? Trying to stumble my way through all this knowing next to nothing about growing.

R

RGWD0202

The calmag ratio sounds like it’s on point with that ratio you are using. I always start with that and go from there. Nitrogen early in flower is good, you need some nitrogen. you don’t want that to be 0 that early in flower. Just looked at that monster bloom. Do you have the feeding chart for that company? I’d start with their feeding chart at half strength. I’m now leaning towards nitrogen deficiency looking at their chart. That bloom shouldn’t be used until later in flower.

IMG 1702
B

Buckeyefan

Thanks, will take a look tonight on the nitrogen chart. The issue started before I started using the grow tech monster bloom and is why I changed. Not saying it's not a nitrogen issue though. Appreciate the help

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
That could be a nutrient problem, but I doubt it. It looks like physical damage. Fans can do that, so, do you have a fan near that plant? I'm also wondering if the plant might be getting too dry between waterings.

B

Buckeyefan

I wouldn't think the fan would be the problem, it's been at same position for weeks without issues as well as lower le as f issues. You could be right about the plant getting to dry, mixed in quit alot of perlite. I watered it well Sunday and it seems to be getting better, damage has not spread. I did check for pests and found none.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Fans can dry out leaves if they're pointed at the same part of a plant. It's just something to consider. I don't point my fans at the plants at all. I've mostly seen that necrosis on lower leaves when the soil is getting too dry. My guess is the plant is using water from those leaves, which is similar to how it pulls mobile nutrients from lower leaves when it needs them for new growth.

B

Buckeyefan

I'll adjust the fan tonight, thanks for the advice. So I water about every 5 days at 3 litres per 5 gallon plant. Does that sound about right? I'm assuming that it depends on the drainage, I have 20 to 25% perlite added.

Top Bottom