Lower Lighting For Dry Ferts In Coco

• Thread starter Funkadelic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Just read a thread where @Capulator was seeing burn spots similar to what I had.
I *was* running Solatek ballasts, on overdrive (1100w), open bulb vert, GH ferts. Not good.

I'm wondering since the balance between salt ferts and HPS intensity, growth rate, etc can be delicate, how to best address burn in bloom cycle?

Dial down lights to 400 or 600, feed Veg+Bloom, supplement Nectar 4 the Gods, run lower EC so there's less chance of salt lockout, more waterings or a combination?

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

I'm working on a similar issue myself, just started running adjust a wings in my revamped flower room and am seeing some bleaching/deficiency especially where the footprints overlap.

I'd start low and ramp up as needed while keeping an eye on your runoff every couple days.
Higher intensity light=higher transpiration rate=more water than salts being taken up=salt buildup in coco=burn and lockout (ime).

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

I'm working on a similar issue myself, just started running adjust a wings in my revamped flower room and am seeing some bleaching/deficiency especially where the footprints overlap.

I'd start low and ramp up as needed while keeping an eye on your runoff every couple days.
Higher intensity light=higher transpiration rate=more water than salts being taken up=salt buildup in coco=burn and lockout (ime).
I noticed they did better at lower wattage!

Maybe lower the EC and up the irrigation once the wattage is full bore? Also thinking a 1x calcium based N4tG feeding would help keep calcium up and hopefully mitigate some salt?

Top Bottom