Lowering nitrogen in flowering when and why?

• Thread starter Joatmos68
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Joatmos68

First time dwc with athena blended. Following a 9 week flower schedule for a 11 week plant. Backed of the bloom and added pk and ran into what I think is nitrogen def. Can someone expain or point me in the right direction to figure this out. I'm guessing that I should wait till later but was wondering if the pk thing as far as decreasing nitrogen is going to yellow all my leaves but also help with better bud?

BryanOconner

BryanOconner

I wish i could help There are two points i could give answers too to your questions . . I got banned for 7 days from this website when i voiced my opinion to a moderator . Hope somebody else is approved to help you .

Bilber

Bilber

I don't run your setup, but I keep using veg nutes till after stretch and wein down on nitrogen after that......

I don't cut it off, but I knock it way down after stretch......

Plants really need nitrogen during the stretch......

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

I don't run your setup, but I keep using veg nutes till after stretch and wein down on nitrogen after that......

I don't cut it off, but I knock it way down after stretch......

Plants really need nitrogen during the stretch......
👆This good advice👍

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

I wish i could help There are two points i could give answers too to your questions . . I got banned for 7 days from this website when i voiced my opinion to a moderator . Hope somebody else is approved to help you .
Stop ya sookin BC least they didn’t perm ban ya😂😂😂 little tip never fk with Gnick55 that dude got the ban button on speed dial🤣😂🤣

Last edited:
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I reduce the vegetation nutrients and add the flowering nutrients a week before I flip the light. That includes a reduction of N. For autos, that probably would be about the time they start to stretch. When I figure I'm about four weeks away from harvest, I stop feeding and add some molasses to the water.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
My understanding is that reducing N near the end of flowering improves flavor. That may be true of other nutrients, too.

As for yellowing leaves, that could be due to low N, but it could also be due to low Mg and/or the plant moving Mg to grow flowers. Mg is a mobile micronutrient that is an essential atom in the chlorophyll molecule, and chlorophyll is what makes plants green. So, adding some Mg could help and likely wouldn't hurt, but those yellowed leaves won't recover.

BryanOconner

BryanOconner

Stop ya sookin BC least they didn’t perm ban ya😂😂😂 little tip never fk with Gnick55 that dude got the ban button on speed dial🤣😂🤣
He needs to grow some thicker skin. He rips me . I rip on him back. Ban. I really could careless. I will take my 37 years of experience elsewhere. I would hate to see him driving would there be serious road rage ?

Bilber

Bilber

He needs to grow some thicker skin. He rips me . I rip on him back. Ban. I really could careless. I will take my 37 years of experience elsewhere. I would hate to see him driving would there be serious road rage ?
It's too bad because you both have great advice..........!

Charlie946

Charlie946

Looks great! don't thinks it's a n diffecency though. Looks like end of flower ripening. Will you flush the last 2 weeks?

Bilber

Bilber

Every grower is different on the flushing subject.....

I will not flush my plants!

Except for today, only because I started feeding with veg nutes, not the proper flower nutes.....whoops........

That is the only time I've ever flushed my plants and I'm hopeful that it will be my last......

After I switch to 12/12, now I gradually switch to to flower, and after the stretch, I'll make sure I have alot of runoff with the new flower nutes.....but not a flush.....

If that makes any sense.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom