lowriders2

• Thread starter no1birdman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

no1birdman

Hi, going to put 2 lowriders in 2ft sq cabinet with a dual spectrum 125 envirolite, will this be enough light for the entire grow. Thanks

N

no1birdman

You must be joking, the heat off a hps will make it like a cooker, I run 600 hps in a 6ft tent and struggle with temps.

homebrew420

homebrew420

How many lumens per sqr foot? That is the most important.

N

no1birdman

Hi, the cabinet is 2 ft by2ft by 2ft eq 8 cubic ft.Do not know how much lumens the lamp gives off.

B

bwilldered

I'd go with a 250w. With only 2 feet of vertical growth room, a 400w wouldn't work because you need the canopy to be a certain distance away depending on the temperature in your area. Too close and the plants burn. What USDA hardiness zone do you live in? If you don't know, you can google it. If you're in zone 7 or hotter, I'd just go with the 250w. Since you already have a 125 though, it will work. If you want, you can even add in a couple of CFLs.

M

Michael_Eaton

Dude... 2' high? Theres no way I'd even try... You might as well flower with some flourescents... But I don't think you can even fit those in there!

K

Kennie_B

I run a 400 HPS in a 2 x 3 tent with temp problems only in the heat of summer & an air conditioner makes that no problem! Ballast out of tent only the bulb & hood inside tent.

N

no1birdman

Hi, with the envirolite in temps are constant 80, with fan on drops to 75, lowryders grow to about 14 in so might be ok.Have a 300 w envirolite I use for vegging in tent so might stick that in.I am finding that with big bang seeds and white widow in cupboard while germinating and small vegging till tent empty I have to put a glass over the seedlings even after a couple of weeks.

Top Bottom