LST Fail - kinked stems

• Thread starter Budclarkson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Budclarkson

Thought I needed a new title to the Tall OG Kush as I went to try LST.

Looked at the kink at the bottom and it looks like it worsened from yesterday.

Bent the top some more but also kinked again there 2nd string down from the top.

What am I doing wrong? And how long for a stem kink to heal? Still need to bend the top down furtherā€¦

Got some adjustable angle clamps but not sure how to use them.

Picture of the bottom kink and the ā€œcastā€ of card board wrapped around and blue tape to hold it tight. Placed a stake to tape the bottom link to to try to keep it from snapping.

Lst fail   kinked stems
Lst fail   kinked stems 2
Lst fail   kinked stems 3
D

dean1963

From what I've read the stems get hard during flower. You need to LST during veg or at least very gentle when flowerjng

B

Budclarkson

I rub the stems between thumb and forefinger, applying pressure to break down the woody texture, then they bend easily.

I still break them anyway sometimes.
How much do you rub them? This plant has green kind of hollow stems. Not woody at this stage. Itā€™s an auto going into the 2nd week of flower.

I used a clamp tonight at a slight angle to help bend the top down. Had rubbed the bend area gently for a couple of seconds but still kinked there too a little. No hope it seems. What length do you need to soften for a stress free bend?

With so many flowers at the top end I think they will need some support as they grow big and heavier with the stem sidewaysā€¦

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
How much do you rub them? This plant has green kind of hollow stems. Not woody at this stage. Itā€™s an auto going into the 2nd week of flower.

I used a clamp tonight at a slight angle to help bend the top down. Had rubbed the bend area gently for a couple of seconds but still kinked there too a little. No hope it seems. What length do you need to soften for a stress free bend?

With so many flowers at the top end I think they will need some support as they grow big and heavier with the stem sidewaysā€¦
Hey, have a look on YT a vid on Kyle Kushman Chiropractics.....I think watching his technique will stop your worries.......If you're less than 3 weeks into flower, not too worry the stems are still stretching and will repair them selves, I use duct tape and support if I snap my stems when bending them over 90* to save vertical space.

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
Hey, have a look on YT a vid on Kyle Kushman Chiropractics.....I think watching his technique will stop your worries.......If you're less than 3 weeks into flower, not too worry the stems are still stretching and will repair them selves, I use duct tape and support if I snap my stems when bending them over 90* to save vertical space.
here ill link it for you

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

This technique is an old one used for many years by seasoned growers. It is actually called super cropping or I have heard it referred to as monster cropping. When I break a limb a little too much, I cover the wound in a light coating of honey (keeps it moist and is a natural antibacterial) tape her and walk away. Within a few days you will never know she was even broke.
Hereā€™s a quick tutorial on the process.

Habosabin

Habosabin

This technique is an old one used for many years by seasoned growers. It is actually called super cropping or I have heard it referred to as monster cropping. When I break a limb a little too much, I cover the wound in a light coating of honey (keeps it moist and is a natural antibacterial) tape her and walk away. Within a few days you will never know she was even broke.
Hereā€™s a quick tutorial on the process.
I think monster cropping is revegging a clone or plant during flower which results in that monstrous initial growth if memory serves me

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

I think monster cropping is revegging a clone or plant during flower which results in that monstrous initial growth if memory serves me
Yes, today it is. The old growers referred to it as both of the above terms. I have done that and your right, there was an explosion of growth! Seems it took forever though. Right now Iā€™m fighting keeping the growth down, awwww, the joy of tent growing!

mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

if it makes you feel any better i cropped mine here are some pics. Bent the sh*t outta them but like the video said i worked it slowly. Didnt snap or break but was definitely wounded so i put aloevera kept it moist and just paid attention to it. Its my first time so i was worried it would die off but these are resilient plants bro. Hard to mess up basics. Its the flower nugz baseball bat size stuff thats hard to do IMO.these are two different plants both cropped

IMG 0345
IMG 0346
IMG 0347
IMG 0348
B

Budclarkson

if it makes you feel any better i cropped mine here are some pics. Bent the sh*t outta them but like the video said i worked it slowly. Didnt snap or break but was definitely wounded so i put aloevera kept it moist and just paid attention to it. Its my first time so i was worried it would die off but these are resilient plants bro. Hard to mess up basics. Its the flower nugz baseball bat size stuff thats hard to do IMO.these are two different plants both cropped
My first grow and wanted to keep it natural until I had the Kush plant heading for the sky šŸ˜

Plants are autos and apparently donā€™t tolerate a lot of abuse so I was trying to be nice šŸ˜Š

I hear people wrapping in tapeā€¦duct tape is pretty nasty sticky and donā€™t see how you would keep the kink wet.

I wrapped in thin cardboard piece and wrapped blue painters tape to keep it tight. Sprayed some water at the top of the cardboard/tape ā€œtubeā€ to keep it moist as mentioned here.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

My first grow and wanted to keep it natural until I had the Kush plant heading for the sky šŸ˜

Plants are autos and apparently donā€™t tolerate a lot of abuse so I was trying to be nice šŸ˜Š

I hear people wrapping in tapeā€¦duct tape is pretty nasty sticky and donā€™t see how you would keep the kink wet.

I wrapped in thin cardboard piece and wrapped blue painters tape to keep it tight. Sprayed some water at the top of the cardboard/tape ā€œtubeā€ to keep it moist as mentioned here.
Pet tape, garden tape, some athletic tape...any tape that only sticks to itself is best. Any tape will do but I remove it once itā€™s recovered so keep away from really sticky tape. (I veg a while.)

In a pinch Iā€™ve used soft/padded wire. Just wrap it around the branch below the damage and up past the damage.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Needs a sign in unfortunately. Although legal here I donā€™t care to have my interests tracked and tabulated for all eternity.

Is there another method to view without sign in? Anywhere else where this may be hosted.
For starters, I don't use my name on any site or emails associated with forums. My name could be BOB for all you know and Yt thinks I'm Jimmy2takes or philtanks My IP is still traceable but you could use a VPN if you think its necessary. I lost my paranoia after it went legal and the cats bout of the bag now....

B

Budclarkson

For starters, I don't use my name on any site or emails associated with forums. My name could be BOB for all you know and Yt thinks I'm Jimmy2takes or philtanks My IP is still traceable but you could use a VPN if you think its necessary. I lost my paranoia after it went legal and the cats bout of the bag now....
Agreed, all of the above. Unfortunately itā€™s still not kosher with the Feds. Hopefully that changes soon. Data is shared and ā€œbreachedā€ and soon enough AI will be combing the various vast databases easily enough to provide ā€œammoā€ for some rogue DA to show me the man and Iā€™ll show you the crime. Plan accordingly.

Ok now back to the tomatoes and garden vegetables.

Latest posts

Top Bottom