Lst help..

• Thread starter jamk911
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jamk911

jamk911

can someone do a walkthrough for me
I got a 30ish inch tall plant..
Never trained.. well.. now I am trying to tie the top down to slow vertical growth..
I tied 1 top down.. just need guidance on like where to tie.. and should I tie smaller branches the opposite way or leave them under the bent top..? Here the one soo far

Lst help
Lst help 2
Lst help 3
Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

how you train the plant depends on your perogative - what shape you want or how you want to fill up the grow area's canopy.

you could add more weight to that tie, and gradually get the plant heading sideways. just bend the main stem for the time being, then once the offshoots becomes stronger/larger, you can LST them.

you can be quite brutal with these plants, just note though training can add time to your vegetative growth, in return for higher yields.

as the plant grows older, it tends to get woody stems. so, maybe you want to shape its main stem while they are still malleable/green.

Last edited:
jamk911

jamk911

Yeah see i want to enter flower within 2 weeks.. i just.. i cant handle 2 more weeks and full flower vertical growth.. so this seems to be my only option with the least damage .. i figure im really not hurting it.. just turning it lol.. i want all these lower growths to catch up or i would flip now lol
This things main stem is getting pretty fat already.. soo i am pretty pissed I waited soo long but i was scared to slow it down..
Didnt realize bud grows soo damn quickly

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

i can see that the top offshoots have been encouraged by this LST of its top main stem. your plants have strong offshoots - but its is growing in the classic Xmas tree shape.

you can train plants into its early flowering phase, so you still have a little window to manipulate its shape.

bend the top main stem, as you're doing for the next 2 weeks - as it gradually grows taller - then flip in 2 weeks as planned. you can continue for another couple of weeks, shaping the plants.

next time, you know to start training it earlier if you want to manipulate its shape easier.

you got plenty of room left?

jamk911

jamk911

honestly I wanted vertical growth i got alot more top room than side..
But i didnt realize they grow soo damn fast.. like 2 inches a day.. ;/

jamk911

jamk911

The closet measurements are 10 feet tall.. like 2 feet from door to back wall.. and 4 feet side to side..
If they were bushy theyd be in basement.. which is only 6 feet tall.. but mad wide.. lol
But idk.. i hear they grow alot when flipped.. and i am running out of room real fast..
I didnt take the pot and light into consideration .. soo its rough..
If they double in height im screwed thats why I hope a tie down slows that up a bit

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

Here’s my lst help. Don’t be scared of them. I tie mine down hard Those are their first. Clones You can still be aggressive but next time start early

AF47D4F7 B52F 4190 8794 48F2DD33F7CE
A50DC741 1FB3 46B0 BF1D 56BE43B89A74
A182C186 0746 4123 AEAE 5FDD1A56C5F8
FourthCity

FourthCity

can someone do a walkthrough for me
I got a 30ish inch tall plant..
Never trained.. well.. now I am trying to tie the top down to slow vertical growth..
I tied 1 top down.. just need guidance on like where to tie.. and should I tie smaller branches the opposite way or leave them under the bent top..? Here the one soo far
Lol, you were just talking about how wasteful training is but I'm happy to help either way. The key to lst is starting as soon as possible and keeping the top of the main cola/stem lower than the side branches. Its best to try and tie the branches down so that they are spread as evenly as possible and create an level canopy. You can speed up growth of branches by leaving them a little higher or slow them down by keeping them lower. I have several pictures in my profile of lst if you would like to see some examples.

jamk911

jamk911

I am trying lol..
The tops keep just correcting themselves fast.. these plants are animals..
And I dont like training usually these are going to be too big though if i dont :(
But yeah its kind of a bish lol.. theyre too tall to really tie to the pot at this point .. the bottom half of the plant doesnt really bend much its like tree bark

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Just keep pulling them down and train that branch to keep growing sideways until you want to cut her loose. But keep the rope there. You’re on the right track. Plants look fucking great.
burnz

jamk911

jamk911

Dude i got a problemmm
Did i just fuck my plant .. or did i accidentally supercrops this bitch

20200729 204239
20200729 203811
jamk911

jamk911

shes such a trooper shes like that and still growin back to the light from what I see lol

jamk911

jamk911

should I tape that crack up? Or keep my big dumb hands off her now.... its like a little brown .. like she bled :(

jamk911

jamk911

New canopies right now.. these things are savages.. sorry im not gonna lie i knew about all this long ago.. i was scared to do it.. and now its like.. wow.. these plants are resilient af..

20200729 205938
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Stellar. The best has yet to come.. be patient.

jamk911

jamk911

Just praying this typa stress dont cause herming or somethin lol

jamk911

jamk911

Ok I am calling upon you wonderful people for a little help here again..im soo sorry for my ignorance.. i promise I learn though.. this is a one grow go..
But ok.. i tied em down.. then kinda go an unintentional supercrop goin..
Well.. here we are about 12 hrs later.. this things top has basically said "fuck you" to me.. and i bent it 90 degrees supercrop.. and it just bent 90 degrees back up at the top and disregarded..
Do I wait a day or 2 and bend again... should I try to put something above this top to make it grow in a circle sort of.. or leave it be? My plans flip in a week also .. i was trying to get no more vertical growth heres a pic of whats going on ..

20200730 033301
jamk911

jamk911

The other top did not break it bent literally about 120 degrees lol.. and because of its position.. it has done a sort of half circle growth to get back to the light

Top Bottom