LST On Granddaddy Purp AutoFlowers

• Thread starter Vb2flat2surf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Im a First time grower and really taking a hobby in this. I find myself reading and watching videos on growing Cannabis, nightly. Today is day 31 and my plants look really good to me ( the one in the back middle has always been a small, skinny one but got full of white pistils on day 26).
I Topped my plant on day 25 and the plant responded very well, putting off 2 main stems on on all 5 plants. Today (just 5 minutes ago) I have made my first attempts at LST. Have never done tgis before, so I want to make sure I have done it properly, or atleast close to. From my reads, my goal is to get canopy that's even. I used 12" zip ties that I have put directly into the soil. I figured the plant will have some give tgis way if needed. My questions are... 1) Does it appear I have done LST properly? 2) Should I do more or less? 3) Should I just not do it at all?
I am on time and space constraint for several reasons, so I am trying to maximize my yields that I hope to obtain by mid October if all goes as planned.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I will post pictures of plants before LST and then photos of after LST (5 minutes ago).
Last question should I do S.C.R.O.G instead or in combination or not at all.
Thank you guys for all the help so far

Lst on granddaddy purp autoflowers
Lst on granddaddy purp autoflowers 2
Lst on granddaddy purp autoflowers 3
Lst on granddaddy purp autoflowers 4
Lst on granddaddy purp autoflowers 5
Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

Looking good man! It’s a fantastic hobby for sure, my favorite yet. I think they are gonna pull those zip ties out if I read that correctly. You just jammed them in there not connected to anything right?
I tied my plants down to a ratchet rope and they have since pulled on that quite a bit. I use the training wire. But you could use just about anything. You want to keep future adjustments in mind. I’ve used zip ties too, once attached to something you can always tighten them up and pull branches down when needed. I’m trying my first scrog now and I can tell you it’s pretty nice having the net in place and being able to tuck branches under with zero effort. The only downside is it restricts your access. Once it’s in and the plants are tangled and wrapped and tucked you’re really not able to move it. I had to get into the back corner of my 4x4 tent and it was like cirque du Soleil other than that I love it.
Oh forgot to mention you can cut small holes in the top of the pots and use those as your anchor points , or get a net and scrog or do both. The sky is the limit man. Anything that will help you get a nice even canopy will help with yield

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Thanks man. I'm very pleased. It's hours later and they are already reaching for the lights (branches I bent). I did zip ties thinking the roots would tangle around and hold it down?.? That's my landscaper mindset thibking.that roots will wrap around things under the ground.

Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

I’ve seen people make waaaay worse mistakes than that man, part of the fun of the hobby, for me anyway, is trying new things and seeing what works. I just built a Dutch bucket set up and I’m dying to get some plants in there. Hopefully in the next day or so. I’m sure eventually they would have but the top of the plant is growing way faster than the bottom

there’s also a metric fuck ton of info on this forum, a lot of very friendly knowledgeable people. You’ve come to the right place. Keep us updated on your grow.

31A5988B 4DD4 4991 BE2B D6D6E68B249E
9C90BC2A 80A8 484D 9303 D6F7B75EDACC
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Awesome! Thanks for the info. Everyone has been super friendly. I've come a long way on this grow from nearly killing my plants in the beggining lol.

20210805 160816
20210816 150854
20210821 122251
20210823 182855
20210827 204000
20210902 144440
20210904 173020
Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

Are you in a 4x2 tent? Yeah… I think I net might help out a lot here. With 5 plants you should be able to fill that whole net without trying, I think it’ll help with the training too. I wish I had used one from the start honestly. Just my opinion.
Are the bags sitting on something or just on the tent? just looking ahead if you get a net you might want to put something under them in case you have some kind of air flow problems or drainage issues. Not saying you will just have learned to try safeguard because once the net is in place you can’t move the plants.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Was going to cut a pallet if I do it. I had to move 6"intake from the bottom cause it was blowing on one plant mesh container directly. Thought it may dry plant out quicker. I posted a picture of the tent I'm using. I am a little worried about trying 5 plants, but I'm going to give it a whirl. one of my plants in staying small and skinny since the first week

Screenshot 20210905 001238 Amazon Shopping
Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

Yeah it’s gonna be tight for sure lol sometimes there are runts , I have one in my 4x4 the one in the back left has been lagging behind since the beginning. I have the same tent. I ran three in there once… now I stick with 2…. Have you flipped to 12/12 yet?

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

They are autoflowers. I was running 24hours till we popped the breaker box and a complete leg went out on our circuit breaker lol. Half of our power didn't work till it was fixed. Now I'm on a 20/4 cycle. They are full of white pistils. I think they are all just gonna be small after the torture I put them through in the beggining with my overwatering, lights being to close, introducingbutirients way to early. Every begging mistake, I made right from the get go. That was the "know it all" in me. Lol. Woke up this morning and everything looks really good. They responded really well to L.ST. and the trimming of major fan leaves that might have potentially blocked some light. I thought about it last night, and if they stay small I am not going to do a SCROG this time around. Once we buy our hoke and move to our new place (hoping December at this point), then I will go to photos vs auto and then really dive into it, get an actual space designated for everything vs such a small tent. Our backyard is already full of veggie, succulents we are growing, and fruits and flowers and it's a TINY backyard. Plus we have had a ridiculously hot and dry summer so far. So I worked with what I have. If I only get a few buds I'll be happy for now. Learning stuff along the way is truly what I'm going for more than anything.

Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

You’ll be surprised how much more they’ll grow. And how much you can completely fuck up a grow and still get results. My first grow I was at a house with absolutely terrible water, the water was so bad I didn’t even cook with it. It stained the showers with rust and all the faucets would clog up every few months. I did a complete grow with that water never once checking ph or ppm and I was able to pull 2 one gallon containers worth( never weighed it) of smokeable bud. Now it wasn’t the best weed I’ve ever had but it got the job done. I smoked that for almost a year and a half lol! I had a ton of problems on my first couple of grows. I wound up finding the farm towards the end of my 2 grow and a few fine folks here helped me start down the road of hydro. I have a feeling you’re gonna get more than a few buds 😄

I’ve read that the plants benefit from taking a break from the light and 18/6 is best. I’m sure some people swear by 24/7 but from what I’ve read the gains are negligible.

good to hear they’re doing well, keep us posted ! 👍

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I put them for a week at 24 hours, then went to 18/6 for a week and then went to 20/4 and that's where I feel they have looked their best and responded well to the things I've done.
Here's a little clip I just made of them. 😀

Top Bottom