Lst Or Leave Alone

• Thread starter Sctanley007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sctanley007

im now in week 2 of flowering and all three bag seed plants are females. Two look alike and the third, and strongest / best plant is totally different. Big broad leaves.

There are a bunch of bud sites that are completely covered with the broad leaves.

Should I tie these stems down to allow light or leave them alone to pop out on their own. I tucked a few of the leaves for the picture.

Plant height isn’t a factor.

Lst or leave alone
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
They look unhealthy how big are their pots?

Reactions: Ina
MissBotany

MissBotany

I would definitely defoliate and get those big fan leaves out of the way. The I tie down a few branches of needed. I agree with crimsonecho, they do look a little droopy.

Last edited:
S

Sctanley007

They’re in 3 gallon smart pots. Not ideal but they were started and in space buckets until 2 weeks before flipping.

This is my first time and I knew the buckets weren’t working and upgraded. These plants have been through the mill because of my learning curve, cramped growing area and shitty lights. Hence the mid Grow upgrade.

I’ll trim some of the foliage back and give some light.

That pic might have been a prewatering one.

S

Sctanley007

Thanks. I’m working on it and will leave them be.

I think when I went from a cheap ufo to the 2 300w Mars Hydro’s I may have shocked them a bit, or moving them from a 65-70 degree basement to a 70-85 2x4 tent. Like I said these guys have been through a lot at my unskilled hands.

Last edited:
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter

I was going to say they look over or under watered, can you post a pic after watering so we can see clearly if those leaves stay perfectly straight after you water. If so, then disregard the second part of my response.

They’re in 3 gallon smart pots. Not ideal but they were started and in space buckets until 2 weeks before flipping.

This is my first time and I knew the buckets weren’t working and upgraded. These plants have been through the mill because of my learning curve, cramped growing area and shitty lights. Hence the mid Grow upgrade.

I’ll trim some of the foliage back and give some light.

The reason i asked was, if they look unhealthy training is probably not going to be good for them, adds stress to the life of an already stressed plant, imo you first have to get them to grow properly and then train, there can be an unstable strain in there, maybe, they might hermie or something if you introduce more stress. Just my opinion. If you have to train, lst is good ie. tying the branches down, also i would take down the big and droopy leaves other than that my advice is to leave it alone.

Yes, defoliate and cut the N way down

I agree with this statement, it looks like it has too much N, but those blurple lights always fool me.

Reactions: Ina
Top Bottom