LST or Scrog?

• Thread starter magick81
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

magick81

Hey guys :D

It looks like my plants are about that age and ready to start their training. Hopefully their training goes well transforming them from trusty padawans to fully sick jedi knights! lol (yes i'm a starwars nerd, don't hold it against me :)

Anyways, I wanted to try a scrog but some ppl say its better to have at least 1 LST grow under your belt.

What do you guys think? It seems to be pretty much the same prinicipal, the SCROG just seems easier and quicker to me.

Keen to hear your thoughts.
Also wanted to add a poll, but couldn't find the option, lol, so just record your votes in the thread if you like :)

Cheers
MagickZX

G

GrimloxK

I never scrog because of my tight micro grow space I've always found LST'ing to be more beneficial...I LST during flowering as well.

In my experience it creates bunch of side branches and really helps even out the canopy if down well. Right now I basically have my main stem in an S-shape. And it's low stress so its all the benefit without the possibility of potentially killing your crop.

The producer had a nice method to LST'ing by using pipe cleaners which arent as abrasive.

pack of 100 costs like $4 and i've used maybe only 10 so far and it's working out great...your able to cut, manipulate the wire to pull the stems into position.

L

lightit

i feel like the two go hand in hand- beginning with lst to create a squat bushy plant and then scrogging it in to fill in the gaps and maintain even spacing, canopy height, and support. i will say that on my last run i did lst alone and on my next run i feel like adding a scrog would improve things.

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Training the plant over a screen I guess would be considered a combination of both LST and SCROG.. IMO it's the only way to go to maximize yields.. I have so many tops on my beds this rounds it's ridiculous.. it's almost impossible to even count them all.

:character0180:

M

magick81

I have seen another grow log where 4 plants in a growroom looked more like 14 plants at least. So many tops to each plant. I will construct my scrog screen this weekend.
As for LST, one of my plants which was all twisted due to heat stress LST'd itself and now has 3 tops lol.

Some people say to use chicken wire for a scrog screen, others say it is to hard to get the plant out at harvest. Have also seen growers using twine, but on the other hand there are complaints of having lots of twine fibers caught in the final product.

I'm thinking a plastic screen is the way to go. What are other ppl out there using?

TylerDurden119

TylerDurden119

i don't know what the correct term would be but I veg 72 in a 4x8 bed of HP for 3 days, top, so i get 2 sets of branches, veg for 3 days or so until the 2 sets shoot out a bit n then flip to 12's and throw the net over top. prune lower shit a week or so in.

I have always found this to give me my best results. definitely strain specific tho, some strains respond better than others to this.

TylerDurden119

TylerDurden119

I have seen another grow log where 4 plants in a growroom looked more like 14 plants at least. So many tops to each plant. I will construct my scrog screen this weekend.
As for LST, one of my plants which was all twisted due to heat stress LST'd itself and now has 3 tops lol.

Some people say to use chicken wire for a scrog screen, others say it is to hard to get the plant out at harvest. Have also seen growers using twine, but on the other hand there are complaints of having lots of twine fibers caught in the final product.

I'm thinking a plastic screen is the way to go. What are other ppl out there using?

some sort of tomato treillis netting, holes are like 1.5x2 in that range.

I've used netting with larger holes and these smaller ones, i prefer the smaller holes, it helps support the tops better. But it does suck come harvest time u gota cut the net apart, easily worth the trade off in my mind.

Top Bottom