LST Question> When to release from bondage?

• Thread starter XxHammer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
XxHammer

XxHammer

Good Afternoon everyone!

Question about tying your plants. After I transplant and all that, I have already drilled some holes into the sides of my 5-gallon pots to tie my plants down and hopefully train them to grow a bit more bushy rather than just tall and skinny.

The question, do you keep them tied down? when do you release them from their ties of bondage?

My plants are so short and stubby still. I know you dont want stretch so this is a good thing, they just look a little funny still (Day 12-13)

Rooting day11

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Are you gonna top them and pull the branches apart? Just whenever they are able to maintain their position without needing to be tied down. Usually a couple weeks at the most.

elduderito

elduderito

you often have to tie and retie as the plant grows - eventually the branches start to grow thick and tough and no longer need to be tied down ... it's important to make sure none of your ties are doing any damage/restricting branches....

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

I usually go 3 weeks and then weave them into a lower SGROG to keep the main branches apart and in week 4-5 I flip and around week 2 or 3 of flower I use a second SCROG to support any stretch đź‘Ť

quirk

quirk

I grow autos and start Lst early, adjusting around the pot throughout grow, removing when buds are stacked.
Auto BlueBerry Domina

Equal and opposite 2
Tie down
Ties off
Top view
XxHammer

XxHammer

Awesome.

Thank you everyone for the words. Definitely a lot of little nuggets of info in there between different posts.

I did already buy a Trellis Net, so once my plants are transplanted, I will look into putting that up at a decent height to help support the branches once it reaches that size.

Quirk, your method is what I have been seeing and wanting to try. That plant came out really nice! How much dry weight did you end up with off that 1 plant? do you remember?

quirk

quirk

Awesome.

Thank you everyone for the words. Definitely a lot of little nuggets of info in there between different posts.

I did already buy a Trellis Net, so once my plants are transplanted, I will look into putting that up at a decent height to help support the branches once it reaches that size.

Quirk, your method is what I have been seeing and wanting to try. That plant came out really nice! How much dry weight did you end up with off that 1 plant? do you remember?

Thank you. A skoosh over 6ozs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom