Lst Questions

• Thread starter Lethidox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lethidox

im new to LST and trying it out on my 2nd grow so far so good but tonight i LST'd them more. this time i brought the branches down WAY low as close as i could to the soil with some room for watering.

1. i have side lighting going on as well as top lights, will they still grow upwards with side lights on? the top lights are stronger 75W the side lights are 26W equivalent to 100watt CFL and a 15Watt LED.

2. when should i stop LST. lots of inner nodes growing out nicely and it's getting bushy but im basically just LSTing it all to 1 of the pot for now. not really sure what to do when it gets bigger i think i have to wrap it around in a circle.

3. will the inner nodes on the bottom that are small and tiny be okay? the leaves are looking twisted like they ain't getting light. and the lower part of the plants nearest the soil are all basically like getting little lighting/twisted affect. they look all scrunched up against the pot walls basically.

4. is it okay to bunch my plants up during LST i dont have great lights and im trying to stack the nodes tight as i can so i basically bunched all my plants up together kind of like it's just 1 giant plant. im just basically trying to get as much use out of this 1 light as i can before i upgrade ( may be a month from now until i get stronger lights)

L

Lethidox

Here they are freshly lay, that plant next to the CFL like RIGHT next to it was only their for the photo. it isn't actually that close to it.

20181204 180426
20181204 180406
20181204 180359
20181204 180355
20181204 180348
UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

I love just experimenting. Don’t be afraid brethren. There s a member on here who is a lst master. Balaque. Not sure if he s got a journal going but anyways there is tons of threads on lst. Hit up the search bar. Try em all and see what works best. Topping, fiming, supercropping. Just leave time for it to heal once and a while. The twisty growth is prob deficiency or genetic.

L

Lethidox

I love just experimenting. Don’t be afraid brethren. There s a member on here who is a lst master. Balaque. Not sure if he s got a journal going but anyways there is tons of threads on lst. Hit up the search bar. Try em all and see what works best. Topping, fiming, supercropping. Just leave time for it to heal once and a while. The twisty growth is prob deficiency or genetic.

yea i've been experimenting a lot with this grow in all sorts of ways from lighting height, soil, feeding, etc.. funny thing is this other forum i used to go on was mad at me and told me to piss off and to stop "experimenting"

i was trying to get that nice looking bush look that a lot of people get where it's short and really bushy but all the nodes look the same height but guess i will just bend them around in a circle or something. or try to bend them backwards. im basically just trying to get as much light into the plant as i can. leaving the side lights on see how it grows in the morning. before the side branches would grow like diagonally towards the top and out towards the side lights at the same time

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

I look at growing as an artistic outlet. It’s important to listen to people’s advise but at the end of the day it’s all you bud. If you aren’t having fun why do it. Although in general respecting the advice of others gets you bigger yields and better smoke. That’s the most fun

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

You don’t need to mess with side lighting while training. But whatever your doing there I’m into it bud. I am highly medicated tho mind you. I love it but it confuses me. Like some abstract art

N

nicefellow

yea i've been experimenting a lot with this grow in all sorts of ways from lighting height, soil, feeding, etc.. funny thing is this other forum i used to go on was mad at me and told me to piss off and to stop "experimenting"

i was trying to get that nice looking bush look that a lot of people get where it's short and really bushy but all the nodes look the same height but guess i will just bend them around in a circle or something. or try to bend them backwards. im basically just trying to get as much light into the plant as i can. leaving the side lights on see how it grows in the morning. before the side branches would grow like diagonally towards the top and out towards the side lights at the same time

Finding the right mix of topping and bending for optimal yield is tricky unless you have a mother plant and know the characteristics of what you are growing, I have seen plants that are topped growing new shoots within 24 hours, I have also seen it take 10 days ( same environment, my environment never changes).
I have found that stretching plants like to be tied down more than short squat plants.
I try to get the stem off to the side of the pot by potting that way then tie plant tip over the top of larger expanse of soil so it is 6 inches above edge of pot ( you must secure roots by tying another string in opposite direcion).
All your side branches are now top tips.
I always take the tallest stem and tie it down (leave gap in side for lollipopping) in the biggest gap, this is where you have to plan ahead by envisaging how the plant will grow and how to tie accordingly- give it thought., I like to turn a Christmas tree into a cocktail gl
Take off any branches growing downwards near bottom of plant once u get 8 or 9 nodes height (concentrates energy to more efficient top colas), lollipop aggressively 1 week before flowering and I can almost guarantee you will not have lollipopped enough.
Good luck

Ina

Ina

I top them first and than LST the branches,not the main stem...I personally prefer to not twist the main stem but you can do it many ways depends on what shape you need.When they aren't topped they still have that main top and this is still the primary top even if the stems are twisted....When you cut it off the plant begins to branching out more and all the branches can grow equal easier.Also check super cropping.

Phylex

Phylex

While new, and experimenting myself, I personally use all of the different techniques throughout veg every 5-7 days. Topping, FIM'ing, Super Cropping, and LST when and where necessary to increase top sites, light penetration, and achieve an even canopy. I typically try to time my training days on a feed day. I'll add one drop of Super Thrive per gallon to assist in the stress I lay down on the girls and then feed them after training. I'll stop training them 7-10 days before flip. The veg stage is very forgiving. So don't be afraid to lay your pimp hand down and make those girls your bitch.

L

Lethidox

thanks for all the help. they seemed to take the new LST good i am hoping that my main plant with the 2 big main cola's will fill in the bald spot where i topped it at. there is some small growth but it's been growing extremely slow where as the other 2 plants i topped/fim'd them not sure which because the area where i did it at has grown significantly as if i fim'd them.

i think im going to LST 1 last time before just letting it grow in height and then flowering. kind of losing a lot of space in this 2gal i think they have about 2-3 more weeks left before i have to transplant. just watered 2 days ago soil is almost dry

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

The panel led is about worthless. You really should think about upgrading your lighting.

L

Lethidox

The panel led is about worthless. You really should think about upgrading your lighting.

yea it is lmfao. im planning to buy some King PLus LED's probably the 1500watt ones nothing super fancy or expensive and probably buy 2 if i can then in the future save up for actually good lighting.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

yea it is lmfao. im planning to buy some King PLus LED's probably the 1500watt ones nothing super fancy or expensive and probably buy 2 if i can then in the future save up for actually good lighting.

So you want to throw out some more money for more garbage? You should look at hlg quantum boards or some cobs. Those burple leds will grow some herb, but it’s pointless to use these as they are not efficient, poorly built, and provide poor results imo.

L

Lethidox

So you want to throw out some more money for more garbage? You should look at hlg quantum boards or some cobs. Those burple leds will grow some herb, but it’s pointless to use these as they are not efficient, poorly built, and provide poor results imo.

true. i have looked into HLG QB's i like them but expensive as hell. i'll probably do like what you suggest hold off on the cheap ass lights take the loss with this grow but in the end save more money and get bigger yields in the future.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

true. i have looked into HLG QB's i like them but expensive as hell. i'll probably do like what you suggest hold off on the cheap ass lights take the loss with this grow but in the end save more money and get bigger yields in the future.

Have you looked at at qb120 or qb132? You can get 4 qb132 for 133$ and then a power supply like this

Run them all in parallel and bam you have a sick light for under 200$. Go to Home Depot spend 20$ on aluminum angle iron and some screws. A couple rolls of wire and done. I did this with 9 qb132 to cover my entire 4x4 footprint. These 4 boards at a max of 73w ea can give you almost 300w if needed. I prefer to run around 60w as my top for efficiency reasons, but that would still give you 240w from the wall. I would say this is as good as a 315cmh but I don’t want to hurt anyone when words turn to chokes

19B9F319 1DAB 47FA BA0B 267BB107EB80

L

Lethidox

Have you looked at at qb120 or qb132? You can get 4 qb132 for 133$ and then a power supply like this

Run them all in parallel and bam you have a sick light for under 200$. Go to Home Depot spend 20$ on aluminum angle iron and some screws. A couple rolls of wire and done. I did this with 9 qb132 to cover my entire 4x4 footprint. These 4 boards at a max of 73w ea can give you almost 300w if needed. I prefer to run around 60w as my top for efficiency reasons, but that would still give you 240w from the wall. I would say this is as good as a 315cmh but I don’t want to hurt anyone when words turn to chokes

View attachment 845203

no i have just looked on the HLG site. im not no electrician so i don't even know how to set them up from scratch thus i prefer to buy pre assembled. costs more but at least i know that if they don't work it isn't from me. i'll try to look up how to assemble them and all that wont be buying any new lights soon just kind of getting ready to upgrade

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

no i have just looked on the HLG site. im not no electrician so i don't even know how to set them up from scratch thus i prefer to buy pre assembled. costs more but at least i know that if they don't work it isn't from me. i'll try to look up how to assemble them and all that wont be buying any new lights soon just kind of getting ready to upgrade

I have a thread that shows and tells you everything

L

Lethidox

found a video on their website showing how to install if i got everything seems simple enough. would you suggest 1 hlg 550 or 2 320's? max i will be growing is 3-4 plants in a 2'width area. height and length varies can go anywhere from 6-12' in length and height anywhere from 6-10'.

Latest posts

Top Bottom