LST snap on auto during flowering

• Thread starter AnOldColdSoul13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AnOldColdSoul13

AnOldColdSoul13

Okay so I've done LST on plants before with absolutely no issues with snapping limbs. I have 3 autos at the moment. About a week ago right before plants went into flowering, i accidentally snapped the main stem towards the top. It didn't seem worth saving with tape, so i cut it off. It instantly got bushier, but seemed to be keeping up with the other 2 plants just fine. Ive been more careful since then, not putting too much tension on the limbs. Last night i readjusted the tension and moved my "tie downs" up higher on the limbs from where they had grown since i first started LST. Today i open my tent and the same plant that i broke a week ago has a broken stem, as if it broke from trying to grow while being tied down..
The plant is 42 days old and has been flowering for about a week. Being that its an auto, Should i keep investing time in this plant or should i just destroy it and focus on the other 2? I feel like im going to end up with a bunch of leaves and not much bud..
Im done with lst for the moment, because im either doing it wrong or its just too risky of a method for autos and their limited time frame. I would however like to learn more about proper lst technique. I guess what is confusing me, is do you tie the limbs down and never adjust them or move them again? Or was i doing the right thing, but that 1 plant just isnt as strong as the other 2?
I hate it because the plants are looking pretty good from being trained with the bud sites looking uniform and even, but i went ahead and took all that shit off all the plants today, because i apparently cant do anything without breaking something, so i guess I'll just grow tall skinny 6 foot plants from now on until i become better educated on low strength training..
Thanks for any advice on whether to keep the plant or throw it out and advice on proper LST techniques.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Maybe be less handsy. Let them grow. Autos rarely need nets. Little lst at the beginning.
these are autos in photo.

AnOldColdSoul13

AnOldColdSoul13

Maybe be less handsy. Let them grow. Autos rarely need nets. Little lst at the beginning.
these are autos in photo.
View attachment 1112094
Thats how ive been feeling about it honestly. They seem to do better when i dont touch them lol. I have a 6 foot tall tent, so hopefully i have enough vertical room. I have sativa dominant strains is why i was worried about vertical space. 1 Banana kush auto and 2 Orange Sherbet autos.

AnOldColdSoul13

AnOldColdSoul13

Hey guys, I have 1 more question. Being that i accidentally broke 2 limbs on one of my plants and stopped lst on it, it got bushy as a MF and is one big cluster fuck of leaves. Should i defoliate some to tame that mess and get light to the budsites i previously developed? I figure at this point, tht 1 plant is an experiment because of the trauma its been thru so far lol

AnOldColdSoul13

AnOldColdSoul13

Got some pics
I dont have any close ups of the 2 snap sites themselves but i can try to get some. Heres some pics of the plants in general. The one on the right is the one that had the snaps.
IMG 20210412 014557
IMG 20210412 014557

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

I break limbs and shoots and branches off at the stems all the time, had one snap at the stem earlier in the week that was over an inch thick. No problemo if it's still hanging on. Pull it up to the stem again, secure it with wire or zip-ties and allow it to heal, i've noticed consistently the branch that breaks and re-heals not only forms that nice big knot, but it usually ends up being the strongest growing part of the plant after recovery. Careful not to let your wire/ties heal into the plant too deep. I even used zip ties on a stalk that had split after topping, plant's as happy as ever. Don't think i'll take those off, though lol

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I lst all my autos, you grab the branch with thumb and index finger, with other hand hold the branch at the node so it wont snap, then you slowly go up the branch gently bending the way u want the branch to go, if you do happen to snap a branch put a bit of aloe in wound and duct tape it it will heal unless you completely broke the branch, here is an unknown auto that was female but did not want to flower at 9 weeks, at day 35 i cut the light cycle to 12 12 plan to chop day 80 to 90 not old for a plant that size, leave the plant alone and let it do it's thing, i never give up on a plant unless you see vertical spikes at nodes instead of pistils, if you see this it's unstable and will never flower, dont give up on her just leave it alone it may suprise you.

20210721 165150

Latest posts

Top Bottom