Lucalox Vs Eye Hortilux

• Thread starter tattoojim
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
I was wondering what other farmers thoughts were on these bulb.
I had a lucalox for a emergency bulb on the cheap. well its been running next to the eye horts, and its putting out some hard nuggets.

lucalox experienced needed!

N

noone88

I have used a lot of brands of bulbs. The Hortilux premium is worth it. Less failure rates and the lumen output is higher after a cycle.

The generic HPS bulbs are very good for the first cycle, but damn, they have all kinds of random problems and I believe they lose lumens after the first cycle.

Also, you can get the Hortilux 1000 watt for $65-85 each.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
I have used a lot of brands of bulbs. The Hortilux premium is worth it. Less failure rates and the lumen output is higher after a cycle.

The generic HPS bulbs are very good for the first cycle, but damn, they have all kinds of random problems and I believe they lose lumens after the first cycle.

Also, you can get the Hortilux 1000 watt for $65-85 each.
thanks for the reply...sofar no problems out of that bulb.
I was just wondering cause this first run its holding it own upagainst the eye horts

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
had a eye hort burn out lastnight some time. went down for my 9to9 and poopoo. tryd two mags and a digi. yep iys the bulb all looking like it was dipped in chrome

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
DSC04183

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
it says july a 12..but man I know its not that old
it only has three runs on it at most.
Im looking in files now for a true date

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
had to replace with a old badass buld lol..heading to the hydroshop later or hitting amazon for a pack fuckit

sixstring

sixstring

I really like the new genesis bulbs,good color looks like the digilux with some extra blue in the mix.but i run 600w.think i got em for 39 bucks a piece on amazon.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
it says july a 12..but man I know its not that old
it only has three runs on it at most.
Im looking in files now for a true date
3 Runs, You mean you used that bulb threw 3 Flower Cycles ? I only use the Super HPS for one flower cycle then into the trash they go, New Bulbs ever cycle...;)

sixstring

sixstring

@oscar169 that seems kinda wasteful to me.they are good for at least 2 runs/cycles.i notice the most drop off at about 4 months using my lux meter and thats pretty much across the board on brands.except the gavitas so far im not seeing a noticeable drop going on 5 months now i think.
But my 6 month old digilux is almost as bright as a new eye is lol.i change all mine out at 6 months.try to do it close to jan 1st and july 4th.easy for me to remember those dates :)

Top Bottom