Lucas Formula and OGs

• Thread starter tortuga1503
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tortuga1503

tortuga1503

What do I need to correct with the Lucas Formula to run my OGs. I like the simplicity of the LF with no additives,but I would like to use sweet and a bloom enhancer(Hydroplex) but that goes against the LF. I need a good simple recipe/schedule. Please help...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Don't bother spending money on stuff like Sweet, it's sugar and Epsom salts, basically.

You can run the formula with enhancers, but when you do the enhancement feed, make it *just* that. For instance, I do a modified Lucas using FloraNova Bloom and Fox Farms Big Bloom, but when I want to give a push of something like AN Big Bud I will make a feed mix of just that. Make sense?

As for the sweeteners, get something like molasses and use that at very low rates, 1tsp/gallon is plenty good for beneficial microorganisms (if you've done any inoculating of those) and the plants somewhat as well.

What's the problem with the OGs? I've only run some OG crosses, didn't really have feeding problems with them.

Me gusta su nombre, tortuga. Tortuga seco?

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

i got a boy that runs lucas and then in flower he adds in CNS17 Ripe and swears by it. I've ran lucas and my boy ran humbolts whole line and we all have the same genetics and his buds were way more dense then both of ours. not sure about additional feeding necessities of OG i have ran it with just lucas and it didn't look and better or worse then anything else with that formula.

are you in soil or hydro that makes a big difference as to how you feed as well brecause a single feed of additives mentioned above don't work if you are rocking a 55 gal res.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yeah, hadn't thought about that, I grow in coco and run DTW feeding.

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

Thank you for all the replies. I found Lucas thread on CW and really like the simplicity of his method. I followed it to the T as far as enviroment,enviroment,enviroment. So built my room accordingly.The room is 15x10x9 only growing in a6x8 of it I have 4 600`s,co2,in room a/c,I should of installed a a/c split instead. I know that now,Im running E&F w/hydroton just like he suggest. This is my 1st real run in the new room and new formula, Everything looked great except the OGs. They were yellow and droopy, They were growing but not how they should of been. I am going into 2nd week of flower. Since a 1/3rd of my run are OGs and time of year I got a lil antsy and I switched over to the hydro shops nutes n schedule 4 days ago also did a lil foliar with pbp. They look great but with a high price and alot more work. With 13 inputs and weekly changes on a 100 gal rez with r/o is a whole lot more work than needed I`m sure. So I want to finish this run and go back to less of everything. Sea M should I crown feed the the additives because I`m running e&f w/100 gal w/ro.

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

Hey Sea first of all thank you for responding to a couple of my post. I have a question about a/c you might be able to answer. I have a in room 12000 btu a/c unit with intake and exhaust. I got it from the hydro store. My question is how much co2 am I losing with that unit and how much would it benefit me to get a split? thanks
Turtle

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Not an area of knowledge for me, you'll have to pose that one to folks who use them.

Venom818

Venom818

done it and to be honest lucas formul;a doesnt work for og's,ogs are nitrogen whores u have to reverse the lucas 9 micro-6 bloom but even then i wasent happy they always looked like something was missing know i just give my plants whatever there asking me for.

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

Thank for all the replies. Got to finish this run and make a decision on the next run. Thinking about just using H&G full line. I`m using it now plus other things and my plants look better than they did the last 2 runs

Top Bottom