Lucas formula and Truncheon don't jive - need ppm info for starting lucas 0:8:16

• Thread starter Inuit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

Inuit

Hey all, had some problems last run or two with pbp and decided to give lucas a shot.

I read up, as well as checked the numbers in the fertilzer formulation software I have, and the 0:8:16 ratio's should yield about 1300ppm.

Problem is, my truncheon says 700ppm. That would mean that the 1300 ppm I've been feeding with is actually much higher!

Just wanted to see if anyone has had experience with truncheons going bad, and what other peoples experience the ppm leves of starting lucas are.

Thanks

I

X

Xceptional

lucas formula is 1320 at 0/8/16 on a .7 conv. Dont even need to ck it, Ph is a different matter though. Can you re-calibrate the truncheon?

ummm this is if he is RO and his membrane is good and really putting out 0ppm water.

are you sure it's bad? do you have another ppm pen to test against? i keep two of everything! i have a good SM100 ph meter but i keep strips and drops. i have the blue lab ec/tds and i keep my sun leafs and a few of the ppm strips just in case things don't add up.

X

Xceptional

true that, but that's is the formula's ppm's, obviously you gotta add your water to that, but the base nutes are 1320.

Are you in R/O or Tap? whats the water ppm?

haha yeah bro you are right but we all know no one follows schedules hell i just finished using the lucas in a ebb and grow and i used tap that came it at 250ppm. my buddy just finished up doing the same thing with 350ppm tap and both of our grows came out good.

I

Inuit

Hey all, thanks for the input.

Can I get a link to the EC/TDS test strips?

Using RO water, Merlin, fed from a well (starts about 250 ppm and is softened water) filters about 3 yrs old. I assumed it was good since it always reads 0, but if 1300 reads as 650, then my water could be 600 and still read zero..

Not sure if they can be calibrated...chose this one since it advertised no calibration necessary.....

I think I am going to calculate the weight to make 100ppm NaCl Solution, as well as 500 and 1000, and see how they come out on the meter.

You're supposed to clean the electrodes with soft scrub...guess I should pick some up and do a before and after test as well....

Thanks for the input and tips.

A

D

DazedNconfussed

another Idea for you bro is some hydro shops will test a water sample for you. Call around and see if any in your area will do that, then you can compare there numbers to the numbers your meter is throwing.....

I

Inuit

DnC, thanks for the tip. Only one store I go to and they have the same meter.

I

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
YIKES!!!! I wouldn't use soft scrub. I use an really old toothbrush or the cleaning tool that came with the Multi meter ( have a single truncheon also). They stay calibrated for life. If you are really ruff with it and damaged your probe then you might need a new one but just to warn you they are around 100 bucks

Here is how to clean off their website:

Or if you prefer a Video

I

Inuit

Hey Cemchris, I believe soft scrub(non scented) is the approved electrode cleaner, according to the instructions.

Thanks

I

Latest posts

Top Bottom