Lucas Formula

• Thread starter ronvmpc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ronvmpc

ronvmpc

So i was thinking of trying this formula out. No grow necessary through veg and flower. From what I hear the micro provides the nitrogen and magnesium in perfect balance. I was gonna start seedling at 1-1-1 (GH 3part) then adjust to this schedule.

G-M-B (Grow-Micro-Bloom)
0-5-10 - For Vegetative cycle (18/6)
0-8-16 - For Flowering cycle (12/12)

I use hardwater micro so will that effect the formula? Does anyone have experience with this? If so how do you adjust your formula for bud boosters in late flower? (I use koolbloom) Help would be appreciated.

P

pikes peak 69

Sorry can't help with your question but 1 thing I noticed you wrote. The 0-5-10 is for flours ot for veg. If your using MH or HPS you use 0-8-16 throughout the veg and flower cycles. If your using flours then you use the 0-5-10. A lot of people didn't understand that for a long time but Lucas himself posted it on CW I believe.

HTH
pp69

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Thanks for the info. I switch to hps after 2-3 weeks of veg.

M

Motherhugger

So i was thinking of trying this formula out. No grow necessary through veg and flower. From what I hear the micro provides the nitrogen and magnesium in perfect balance. I was gonna start seedling at 1-1-1 (GH 3part) then adjust to this schedule.

G-M-B (Grow-Micro-Bloom)

I use hardwater micro so will that effect the formula? Does anyone have experience with this? If so how do you adjust your formula for bud boosters in late flower? (I use koolbloom) Help would be appreciated.

Don't know if this thread is helpful, but I found this:

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54006

I haven't done what you're talking about, so I'm a little confused and curious to see what happens next.

Fun stuff....good luck with this one!

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter

G-M-B (Grow-Micro-Bloom)

Try this, too!! I use the hardwater, and water my soil/soilless plants ever watering with this recipe.. I use it in SS#4, FFOF :D, & hydro..

==The Recipe==

(All Products are GenHydro,pH at 5.5 pH)
(All measurements are per gal.)
6ml flora micro
9ml flora bloom
Kool-Bloom POWDER

VEGETATIVE STAGE:

Veg,Feed:

6ml flora micro
9ml flora bloom

Use the above 1/2-strength on seedlings and clones to 10" tall,then feed full-strength on.

Based on 63 day 12/12 Flower Cycle:

Day 1-14
6ml micro
9ml bloom

Day 15-21
6ml micro
9ml bloom
1 tsp./Gal. Kool-Bloom POWDER (ONE FEED,DAY 15!)

Day 22-28
6ml micro
9ml Bloom

Day 29-35
9ml Bloom
1 tsp./gal. Kool-Bloom POWDER (ONE FEED,DAY 29!)

Day 36-52
9 ml Bloom
(AND ON DAY 36,a 1 tsp./gal Kool-Bloom POWDER Slam!!)

Day 52-63 (Flush)
5.5-6.0 pH h20 at 50 ppm

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Thanks guys. It's so hard for me to leave grow out of the mix. Love what I'm seeing on the newly borns so far though. Thanks for the kool bloom recipe as well. I would've prolly hit it way harder then i was suppose to.

Illmind

Illmind

Any all organic growers get flipped to the Lucas formula? On paper it sounds great and is very easy to manipulate npk ratios to beet dial your clones in, but I honestly hav always been all about organic 90% with a small amount of synthetic boosters in flowering, the results are always great top notch but sometimes getting them flushed can be a little rough. On paper genhy flora serious has my attention, simple formula, very cheap, and fast acting nutrients that are supposed to flush easier. I never get a good unbiased answer, people are either in the middle, or pro one or the other. Any organic growers end up dropping it for Lucas and why if you're out there? Tex layed it out perfect. I just don't think I'm gonna get the stinky sticky tasty clean dank I would using man made chemicals. I mean in the early years before fertilizers that's how they lived which leads me to believe this is best for them.

J

JonDoe

please fell free to shcool me.

i allmost started my own thread but i think it belongs here.
I've been using (rockwool&hydrotron) lucas maxibloom+liquid koolbloom+calmag+silica+dry koolbloom as pk enhancer. for 10+years in some form or another.with limited sucsess.
I've had the oppertunitey to see with my own eyes that lucas is a great STARTER package.If u want yeald+quality u need senthetics+organics.period.
I've seen roots,h&g,foxfarm,even the lineup by extrem gardening.
In this nu-b'es humble opinon botanicares pbp is everything GH is + more.
I even think i read it from the dude that orig posted lucas(leaf i think). that there is a lucas Pure.Blend.Pro.formula.

I

innercityphunk

This is my first run using the lucas formula and so far my girls are loving it.

I'm using the mod'd version for coco along with roots excel.

it's super easy. we'll see how it turns out.

BCrocker

BCrocker

Try this, too!! I use the hardwater, and water my soil/soilless plants ever watering with this recipe.. I use it in SS#4, FFOF :D, & hydro..

==The Recipe==

(All Products are GenHydro,pH at 5.5 pH)
(All measurements are per gal.)
6ml flora micro
9ml flora bloom
Kool-Bloom POWDER

VEGETATIVE STAGE:

Veg,Feed:

6ml flora micro
9ml flora bloom

Use the above 1/2-strength on seedlings and clones to 10" tall,then feed full-strength on.

Based on 63 day 12/12 Flower Cycle:

Day 1-14
6ml micro
9ml bloom

Day 15-21
6ml micro
9ml bloom
1 tsp./Gal. Kool-Bloom POWDER (ONE FEED,DAY 15!)

Day 22-28
6ml micro
9ml Bloom

Day 29-35
9ml Bloom
1 tsp./gal. Kool-Bloom POWDER (ONE FEED,DAY 29!)

Day 36-52
9 ml Bloom
(AND ON DAY 36,a 1 tsp./gal Kool-Bloom POWDER Slam!!)

Day 52-63 (Flush)
5.5-6.0 pH h20 at 50 ppm

Do you PH your nutrients to 5.5 for soil use? What is the benefit of such a low PH? I have always done 6.2 to 6.3

darlingmaster

darlingmaster

The Lucas formula works perfectly all by itself. No need to drop to a lower ratio in veg, 8/16 all the way.
Also, theirs no need to modify Lucas for coco. I've been using Lucas in coco for 2 years now, no problems whatsoever. Also, my water is 350 ppm. Again, no problems.
Here are a few pics.
First, a plant in soil using Lucas.
IMG_3012.JPG

A mom plant in Rockwool using Lucas.
IMG_3010.JPG

A plant in coco using lucas.
IMG_3011.JPG

As you can see, the lucas formula works very well in any medium. I have to look thru my computer for my plants in Waterfarms where I used Lucas but suffice to say that it works in Hydro just as well as any other medium:)

darlingmaster

darlingmaster

Yup, 8/16 as soon as they're rooted enough to eat.
I should mention that I'm using a Hanna pen so factor in the conversion. I believe in comes out to 1150. I'll check later when I mix a fresh rez.

darlingmaster

darlingmaster

Ok, just mixed a fresh batch.
Today my tap is 300 ppm. Mixed with 8/16 I got 970 ppm. Again, with a Hanna tds pen.
Also wanted to say that after I mix in nutes my ph comes out @ exactly 5.6 every time, so I never adjust the ph. Be it soil, coco, Rockwool or waterfarm, the ph of my mix I use is always 5.6.
This is an old Hanna pen so I'm certain it's off +/- 10.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

I plan on using this myself... what should the PH be for hydro??? I was shooting for 5.8-6.3

darlingmaster

darlingmaster

Imo, you can go down as low as 5.5 in Hydro. I would shoot for that (5.5)
When I keep moms in Waterfarms, my ph is set at 5.6 and usually drifts very slowly over the coarse of a week, maybe up to 6. Since it's only a single Waterfarm (as oppsed to and 8 pack) I don't even bother adding back. I just change out the whole bucket every 4 days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom