A

ant87stang

Anyone running Lucas in coco
I'm using 5 ml cal mag
6 ml micro
9ml bloom. Overall happy but have some issues

ArthritiSux

ArthritiSux

Way to much cal/mg, I go with 1-2 ml per gallon with non og's. It really bumps up ur ec.
If ya running og's, grab some epsom salt an feed 1 tsp per gallon with 1-2ml per gallon cal/mg.

Last edited:
A

ant87stang

Way to much cal/mg, I go with 1-2 ml per gallon with non og's. It really bumps up ur ec.
If ya running og's, grab some epsom salt an feed 1 tsp per gallon with 1-2ml per gallon cal/mg.
Are u using ro. Water and Lucas?

ArthritiSux

ArthritiSux

Nope, check your ec of ya ro water if ya using ro water to make sure ur filters are good.
With ro go 2-3ml an add the epsom if its og's.

ArthritiSux

ArthritiSux

Make sure your not letting it get to dry or excess Salt build up will cause lockout.

A

ant87stang

I
Make sure your not letting it get to dry or excess Salt build up will cause lockout.
I water daily the most I ever go is two days I never get them light like soil , or dry, ppm is 0. Filters still good , Gh line says 5 ml gal first few weeks guess I can lower Bach to 3 , my buddy does the 569. Lucas in coco and does great , I started with 3 ml. Same strain and had the yellowing , maybe lock out for some reason caused it, cause other grow same strain same nutes is not yellowing and there deeper green, trying to find others running Lucas's in coco. I'm gonna try new babies with the normal 3 part, but just is tough to figure out cause like I said one location mint other had problems

ArthritiSux

ArthritiSux

There's another variable then. Same coco in both locations? Maybe a bad batch of coco. Ya flushed the coco an charged with cal/mg before use?

A

ant87stang

There's another variable then. Same coco in both locations? Maybe a bad batch of coco. Ya flushed the coco an charged with cal/mg before use?
Same coco. H and g. Doesn't need to be washed or charged I called they just said use. 5 ml gal for first two weeks and then u can back off to 2-3.

Oldmanstoner

Oldmanstoner

I have done well in three differing water utilities (tap water) using 7ml of bloom an 3ml epson per gallon an have done well start to finish. Only thing changed was UP, hate using Down! Yet happy happy plants! Yet we have added Kool Bloom, at week 4 one time an for the last 2 weeks they get the small side of the dry scoop for 5 gallons. It is a very small amount, seems to be working well.

Done well with this even with Coir an Hydrotons 50/50 in 5 gallon Hempy buckets, using this very formula, yet it works well! Now what I'm wondering how to max out the KB, only use it once before in about half the plants, seem to help nicely. I'm wondering if I can cut the amount of KB an add regular Maxi Bloom in the last two weeks before I do a week of flush? Personally I think using this formula such a flush really is not needed but...........​

ClassV

ClassV

I had good luck with 6/9 on my second grow. 5ml/gal of calmag seems a little high. The original H3ad 6/9 calls for a ratio of NPK, Mag, and Cal. The original formula was 6/9 and 1 gram of Epsom per gal, and arrived at a ratio of roughly:

N 97
P 60
K 105
Mg 67
S 61
Ca 97

The author of the modified lucas noted that he sought to keep Ca somewhere lower than K and higher than Mg. Adding calmag to the mix might be appropriate for your setup and strain, but be careful to keep an eye on the ratios, because the ratios are what Lucas and 6/9 are all about. Also, be sure to account for any N that the calmag might contain in regards to the ratio.

On a side note: A couple of years after posting his theory on modifying Lucas for Coco, the author of 6/9 posted an opinion that the ideal profile/ratio for coco might be 100-75-150-60 for N-P-K-mg, with Ca falling between K and Mg. I adjusted to this ratio during flower using liquid KB with very good results running AK48.

Tnelz

Tnelz

I've had great luck running 6/9 with a pinch of Epsom. Currently running maxi bloom at 7 grams per gallon with the same pinch of Epsom. Loving it. Also running a couple all perlite hempy buckets with floranova bloom at 8 MLS a gallon and killing it. Fought the method for a long time but have found that if u stay true to it it will work. Trust that it's been figured out for u already. U don't need to add a bunch of stuff. Soon as I did that and trusted kiss I almost overnight started getting better results!

urban1026835

urban1026835

run head/lucas most of the time unless I am trying new things out and will just say I agree with the above info posted..lower calmag and personally i dont use it just tap epson and 6/9 though towards the end i like to lower my micro down because of the higher N.

not recommending you do it because the formula works and was written by people way more knowledgeable than myself. I just can't help screwing with things sometimes.

also i like to use hydroplex as a booster and or moab for the last week or so before flushing

DC105

DC105

I've had great luck running 6/9 with a pinch of Epsom. Currently running maxi bloom at 7 grams per gallon with the same pinch of Epsom. Loving it. Also running a couple all perlite hempy buckets with floranova bloom at 8 MLS a gallon and killing it. Fought the method for a long time but have found that if u stay true to it it will work. Trust that it's been figured out for u already. U don't need to add a bunch of stuff. Soon as I did that and trusted kiss I almost overnight started getting better results!

Whats up Tnelz?
I was just getting ready to refer him to you. Sounds like that's right up ur alley.

urban1026835

urban1026835

Right now I am on the V&B train (like it so far) but best believe there is always a bottle of micro and bloom on hand in case I need to go with what I know gives good results which for me has always been lucas.

jitty bo

jitty bo

i use the lucas also and it is super easy with great results never use calmag tho or espsom and i also use tap water i use the hardwater micro also and haven't had a burned plant since

Top Bottom