lucas method questions please help

• Thread starter darthvapor420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

darthvapor420

so im goin to be implementing the lucas method in my garden my question is it ok to add things as well such as hygrozome or superthrive:rollj:

U

ugmjfarmer

I am running lucas formula right now. I am using florablend, floralicious plus, floranectar and hygrozyme. Loving the results, but I have not completed the bloom cycle at all.

I guess, to be honest: Unless you have RO water I would wait on the additives. Although I did not spend much on them; if you were to chose between RO water and additives, choose RO.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Yes to both, and personally, I like Superthrive, I've used it in the past, it is just Vitamin B, and some other hormones. You don't need Hygrozyme unless you are doing hyrdro, I think it's a waste in soil, or coco.. but again, just my 2 cents....
I use Head formula, (GH 6 micro /9 bloom) in coco, and I use House and Garden in my Under Current, but I used Lucas FOR YEARS in DWC, and I used Hygrozyme, Superthrive, Floralicious, B'cuzz, SM-90, Beastie Bloomz, Bannana Manna (do they even make that anymore?), Fulvic Acid, all with good results. Not all at the same time, of course!

D

darthvapor420

Yes to both, and personally, I like Superthrive, I've used it in the past, it is just Vitamin B, and some other hormones. You don't need Hygrozyme unless you are doing hyrdro, I think it's a waste in soil, or coco.. but again, just my 2 cents....
I use Head formula, (GH 6 micro /9 bloom) in coco, and I use House and Garden in my Under Current, but I used Lucas FOR YEARS in DWC, and I used Hygrozyme, Superthrive, Floralicious, B'cuzz, SM-90, Beastie Bloomz, Bannana Manna (do they even make that anymore?), Fulvic Acid, all with good results. Not all at the same time, of course!
so i am doing top fed DWC bubbleponics in a SOG with a 90 watt LED so im hitting them with 4/8 micro and bloom for seedlings after the first 10-14 days and then i hit them with 5/10 for the rest of the time keeping an eye on the ppms so i have purchased the hygrozme and the superthrive with the intial use of them being cloning components but after reading what they have to offer i wanna use them the whole time so i see you say you had success what amounts would you recommend to put in per gallon??? any advice is greatly appreciated

W

weedfarm

i use lucas in E&F and have used many different additives at different times.

All lucas is, is a ratio.

I currently use cal mag,hygrozyme and koolbloom. I use hygrozyme at 5 or 10 ml per gallon, cant remember. I will check and post.

D

darthvapor420

i use lucas in E&F and have used many different additives at different times.

All lucas is, is a ratio.

I currently use cal mag,hygrozyme and koolbloom. I use hygrozyme at 5 or 10 ml per gallon, cant remember. I will check and post.
please as soon as you check it let me know any and all feedback is greatly appreciated

D

dedust

so i am doing top fed DWC bubbleponics in a SOG with a 90 watt LED so im hitting them with 4/8 micro and bloom for seedlings after the first 10-14 days and then i hit them with 5/10 for the rest of the time keeping an eye on the ppms so i have purchased the hygrozme and the superthrive with the intial use of them being cloning components but after reading what they have to offer i wanna use them the whole time so i see you say you had success what amounts would you recommend to put in per gallon??? any advice is greatly appreciated

no disresect darth, but i think the lucas ratio is 0-8-16 all the way. lucas mentions in some other thread that he doesn't recommend using any additives at all...just my 2 pennies...happy new years!

I

Ik Ben Niemand

Pardon my butting in here.....

no disresect darth, but i think the lucas ratio is 0-8-16 all the way. lucas mentions in some other thread that he doesn't recommend using any additives at all...just my 2 pennies...happy new years!

No actually Darth is 100% correct.... The key though is the light he is using....

LUCASFORMULA.COM said:
There is a misconception that one should use 5ml of Micro and 10ml of Bloom, when in veg, and switch to 8ml of Micro, and 16ml of Bloom, when flowering.

This was never stated by Lucas himself. He originally stated that the 0-5-10 ratio was for LOW LIGHT situations (fluorescent lighting like PL/L and CFLs, or HID lamps less than 400W), whereas 0-8-16 is for medium to high light (400W+)

Just wanted to make a note of the only reason to switch up.. Peace

D

dedust

Cool. Thanks guys for all the info. It's helpful for noobs like me :) So, if I got it, the ratio will depend on lighting rather than stage of growth. Makes sense.

Is LED considered low light or does it depend on number of watts?

sdgrower

sdgrower

Lucas + additives blows away straight Lucas IMHO. I use Lucas with Obsoul33t's receipe with great results. I also add nutri +'s bud+ and final drive which are basically the old AN big bud powder receipe and Overdrive.
Good look bro!
Cheers :animbong:

D

darthvapor420

sorry i have been busy gardening with my light im acutually running 4/8 and my girl is loving it she is getting big the veg growth was insane from this led i will let u know how the flower is i havent actually added in superthrive or hygrozyme as of yet

D

darthvapor420

Pardon my butting in here.....

No actually Darth is 100% correct.... The key though is the light he is using....

Just wanted to make a note of the only reason to switch up.. Peace

thank you for having my back! ive done my research!!!:anim_09:

BCrocker

BCrocker

Lucas + additives blows away straight Lucas IMHO. I use Lucas with Obsoul33t's receipe with great results. I also add nutri +'s bud+ and final drive which are basically the old AN big bud powder receipe and Overdrive.
Good look bro!
Cheers :animbong:

Good info here.. hey where is Obsoul33t's recipe? I did a search and couldn't find

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

sorry i have been busy gardening with my light im acutually running 4/8 and my girl is loving it she is getting big the veg growth was insane from this led i will let u know how the flower is i havent actually added in superthrive or hygrozyme as of yet

No superthrive in bloom stage. I know you might know that already. Just wanted to be sure as I just found this out not to long ago.

Hope the grow is going great.

Top Bottom