Lucas PH question

• Thread starter marski420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
marski420

marski420

Hello all, I am going to be using 6ml micro and 9ml bloom per gallon to feed my plants and am using R/O water which comes out at 6.0

I have been patiently waiting for this Canadian mail strike to end so that my PH pen and TDS pen will arrive, but since I don't have those things yet and my plants badly need a feed soon I was wondering if you guys could tell me if I will need PH down or UP when using the Lucas formula. I am also using grow-tek cal-max. Those are the only feeds I will be using, except maybe some big bud which I have a sample of. Thanks in advance.

green punk

green punk

My experience running lucas with GH has been 5ml micro 10ml bloom usually will put your ph at 5.8 . That's one the perks to the method. You may see a slight mg def. can use epsom salt, 1/4 teaspoon per gallon. If it is to severe put the grow in the mix, 5ml per gallon.

Good Luck, Grow Hard

marski420

marski420

I have cal-max for cag/mag also what does you're water ph start at? cause if yours starts higher than 6.0 it won't be the same.. but it seems as though the formula causes PH to go down, thanks.

Rushoe

Rushoe

for ro water use 1 tsp calmag 6micro and 9bloom mixed in that order should give leave u with a ph of 5.8 I would only use this untill ur ph pen gets there thats the heads formula works really well for veg on none og plants only IME others use it on ogs with np so I dont know but this formula never really worked for me on the flowering part.Good luck

darlingmaster

darlingmaster

Just to clarify; Lucas formula is 8 ml/gal Micro, 16 ml/gal Bloom. NOT 6/9.

M

mrbong73

I think h3ad's formula is 6/9 in coco thru week 3 flower then 6/12 for 1 week then 9ml bloom then flush.

At least that's what it was about halfway through the 100 page thread. It could have changed.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Depending on your method of grow it is a 1 to 2 ratio and it is best to go low then bump to see what your plants like.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

dam r/o coming out at 6.0
i gotta get me some of that Canadian water

M

mrbong73

* What type of water should I use? What about pH/ppm?
The original formula uses reverse osmosis, or RO, water, and is intended to be used without having to measure pH and ppm. Reverse Osmosis water makes this possible because it should, in theory, be the same for everyone. It is filtered water, which you can get either by buying a reverse osmosis filter system, or just buying bottled water (among other brands, Dasani, the bottled tap water is reverse osmosis, for example). One may also use dH2O (distilled water) with good results. You can get distilled water from most convenience stores (Walgreens, CSV, Rite-Aide, etc..)

http://lucasformula.com/

darlingmaster

darlingmaster

I think h3ad's formula is 6/9 in coco thru week 3 flower then 6/12 for 1 week then 9ml bloom then flush.

At least that's what it was about halfway through the 100 page thread. It could have changed.

Correct! 6/9 is h3ad's formula. It's also Rez's formula.
Correct again on Lucas formula and RO water. BUT, most people run into cal/mag issues with either formula (h3ad's/Rez's or Lucas) when using ro water without the addition of cal/mag. I know I did.
I switched to tap water and all is perfect. The ph comes out to 5.6 so I leave it their and never had to use cal/mag again.
Here's a few shots of my "mom room". 5 strains in various stages of veg. Some in Promix, some in Coco, a few in Rockwool and one in a Waterfarm. All get Lucas with tap water with a ph of 5.6.

IMG 3112
IMG 3106
IMG 3107
IMG 3110
M

mrbong73

Nice plants! Very healthy.
So the OP might want to go 8/16 if not in coco?

Rushoe

Rushoe

Correct! 6/9 is h3ad's formula. It's also Rez's formula.
Correct again on Lucas formula and RO water. BUT, most people run into cal/mag issues with either formula (h3ad's/Rez's or Lucas) when using ro water without the addition of cal/mag. I know I did.
I switched to tap water and all is perfect. The ph comes out to 5.6 so I leave it their and never had to use cal/mag again.
Here's a few shots of my "mom room". 5 strains in various stages of veg. Some in Promix, some in Coco, a few in Rockwool and one in a Waterfarm. All get Lucas with tap water with a ph of 5.6.

what ppm is ur tap at????U just gotta let it sit out for a day I guess before u mix and feed right?????Or can u just put the nutes in the tap with out letting the water sit out a day?I use ro water but sometime my mothers get tap.sometimes.I ask about the ur ppm of tap cuz I wanted to know like in my set up my ppm of my tap comes out to about 240 would I need the hardwater micro????I thought I read somewhere that if ur tap is over 200 u would need the hardwater micro is that correct?

darlingmaster

darlingmaster

Nice plants! Very healthy.
So the OP might want to go 8/16 if not in coco?
In my flower room I run nothing but coco, and Lucas. Lucas (8/16) works extremely well in coco.

what ppm is ur tap at????U just gotta let it sit out for a day I guess before u mix and feed right?????Or can u just put the nutes in the tap with out letting the water sit out a day?I use ro water but sometime my mothers get tap.sometimes.I ask about the ur ppm of tap cuz I wanted to know like in my set up my ppm of my tap comes out to about 240 would I need the hardwater micro????I thought I read somewhere that if ur tap is over 200 u would need the hardwater micro is that correct?
Speaking for my tap, no need to let it sit out overnight. My tap has Chloramine (same stuff as "Zone") not chlorine so theirs no need to let it sit out as the chloramine does not evaporate like chlorine does.
My tap is generally around 300ppm on my Hanna pen. I believe the Hanna pen uses a .5 conversion.
I use the regular Micro, NOT the Hardwater version.
I accidentally bought a bottle of the Hardwater formula and while my plants in veg didn't mind it, my flowering plants started showing signs of a Cal def.
Mind you, this is what works for me, so your results may vary. But in general, Lucas formula is very simple and very effective.
Any other questions, feel free to ask :)
DM

Top Bottom