Lugging Dirt

• Thread starter JohnBudd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JohnBudd

JohnBudd

I live in very rural area, but homes within 1/3 mile. I am on my 6th trip lugging 2cu ft of soil over 2 miles. For a old guy(wont say but near 50)what a labor of love. I love the woods, have seen moose, deer, flying squirrels, snakes, and am so exhausted by time I arrive at site is bad. But after dropping backback, resting for 30-40 minutes....then doing my business...rest another 30-4o minutes(doob breaks) is the most satisfying, awesome thing I have done in years. It makes me feel young again, my babies are up over 1' in just about a month.....nothing beats the woods...take your deet...but enjoy nature. Its awesome. Lot of hard work, if mothernature cooperates.....in for a treat! Good luck farmers!

vaporedout

vaporedout

get yourself a sweet wagon, ive seen some gnarly monster truck types, that could help ya, wish i had forrest and trees around me, all i can see is houses and the freeway

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

gotta ask, did that ferret just have a huge snack or what? Did (s)he recover?

Mogrow

Mogrow

fuckin moose, awesome.. hope it don't stomp through yer patch...
peace mogrow

JohnBudd

JohnBudd

Not sure about the ferret, is friends....seems fat and happy. Great suggestion on wagon.
I also filled a couple of empty water bottles with my urine, dug a hole near patch and left urine there....hope keeps all hungry animals away.
Any other suggestions on keeping wildlife from snacking on my girls?
On todays trip......stepped on snake in thick woods....scared the pooop out of me.....another back back emptied and used.......moose was extremely cool.....up real close and personal....20-30' up the trail he crossed over....stopped and looked at me, and kept on trucking. Glad no baby moose around....or a bull moose....as mating season and they can stomp/kick the crap out of you pretty quick. Woods rock!

Thoth

Thoth

Sounds like some seriously hard work! Worth it though, many time over.

Amazing you have moose in your local forest!

JohnBudd

JohnBudd

Saw a bobcat out there this past weekend. Alot of deer around which worries me, they love the plant. Bottles of urine seems to help, none ate so far, but a few knocked over.

Top Bottom