Lumatek 750 w. SunPulse 750 NO BUENO!

• Thread starter mikeyg.
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mikeyg.

i just attempted to run 6, 750 3ks on 6 lumatek digital 750s, and at week 3 the lamps started changing spectrum....six lights...six spectrums, from blue/white, to yellow, to red, pink, and blue. i called Sun Pulse, and they told me that it was Lumateks fault ... that the lumatek 750 only puts off 625w, and consequentally, is not enough to power the 3ks completely, therefore causing the spectrum change because of an unstable arc. Sun Pulse then told me that the best way to run the 750 3k is on the Phantom 1000 dimmed down to 3/4 power! wtf! then called lumatek in regards to SunPulse saying that the lumatek ballasts are only putting out 625, they were pissed ... told me that they would call me in a couple of days after they get to the bottom of this mess. ...replaced the 3ks with the GE Lucalox750 PSLs and they are RIPPIN! if you dont learn the hard way, you are cheating. word. at least i got to clean my glass...lol.

T

tomsawyer

Lucalox 750s are the way to go. Sunpulse is crap. GGL Global Greenhouse also has a 750 watt ballast that are nice. From what I hear digital technology is more efficient at 750watts and lower

deacon1503

deacon1503

i have both Lumatek 750s and 1000s. Your Sunpulse bulbs are MH. If u look on your 750 ballast it should say HPS ONLY as well as 240v only (well mine do).

I tried sunpulse 1000s in my lumatek 750s and got crazy random results. some would run, some not at all. some would power up and fizzle out right in front of me. Lumatek said it was the bulb but my dealer told me it should be fine.

i switched to ushio dual arcs which run on a HPS system and its been bright lights ever since. in a lumatek 750, its HPS only!

Top Bottom