Lumatek sucks

• Thread starter purpleberry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Reeferman

My friends store has me sourcing new digitals from my supplier its a very large store and weekly there is a pile of returned lumatecs , I suggest digital greenhouse brand digitals as can be seen in my room I have 20 digitals from different sources we are testing them prior to buying a large shipment for our new company this fall lumatecs are not even in my room because the jury is in on them already , inconsistant from month to month .

~reef~

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
well reeferman from the ones your running now wich would you say are working well

N

Nuglover

I've had 2 600w Lumateks crap out on me too. Won't be a third. Back with mag/coil and dealing with the noise.

L

lonewolf99

I like BAL brand digi ballasts, they are from Holland, I've had a few of them and never had a problem.

purpleberry

purpleberry

Well i was handed a new ballast right away, I was sure the guy would take care of me. It has the new breaker built in instead of the fush. Also no RF interference at all. Now i want the other one replaced, it give off interference.... I will see what the guy at the shop says, If he wont do it Ill call hydrofarm are lumatek.

M

m0lecule

Mine has lasted through 4 grows so far - no issues at all. Mine does not have a boost button either. Compared to my last ballast, I am lovin' it.

m0lecule

D

Dr Herbal

Shit was gonna get 6 x 600w of these thank god i saw this now think il save a few quid and go for your average bog standerd ballast :)

Z

ziggy1

I have 2 lumatek 600's for over a year and had no problems with them or with blowing out bulbs have used hortilux and cheepie bulbs and replace the bulbs every 6-8 months. Also have a quantum adjustable 1000w and no problems so far

M

mr.bigglesworth

I also use 2 600 lumateks with Hortilux Eye bulbs. Havent had any problems yet, been using them almost a year now. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

N

NotMeYou

shop in Washington

I was looking around in a shop the other day and the owner guy guffawed when I mentioned Lumatek.

He didn't like them either. He downplayed digital ballasts too in general.

C

crippled1

I've been running 2 600 hps for 6 months with no problems.

I thought you couldn't flip-flop a digital ballast.

B

boxmunch9

i spoke with a hydro shop owner and he said lumatek had some bad batches made in china

G

greyfx

I also run digital greenhouse and they are cheap as hell, I have a 400w and a 600.

DonJuanMatus

DonJuanMatus

a guy at the hydro store told me he used to carry lumatek's but everyone was having problems with them and returning them so he stopped carrying them...he has since started to carry galaxy ballasts and said he has not heard one complaint about them....i got a 400 watt galaxy and it works great and is practically silent and cool, i dont think i have really seen any bad reviews of the galaxy's compared to the tons of threads on messed up lumateks....even though ive seen many people that have not had problems with the lumi's i wouldn't take the risk.....i also run a hortilux eye super hps with my galaxy and i couldn't be happier

resinryder

resinryder

Been running a 1K lumatek for a couple of years using a Hort EYE and a Sun Master bulb with no problems whatsoever. Just was given a new Xtra Sun 1K to run beside it so I'll see how it works. It is close to double the weight of the Lumatek.

Top Bottom