Lumens from the moon

• Thread starter him
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

him

does anyone know how many lumans the moon reflects back at night? i mean...its bright enough to see and walk so it must give outdoor plants some kind of "boost" right?

S

SparkyMartyn

thats a really good point, everyone is totally anal on getting total darkness in flower rooms, iv even disconnected the neon lights out me extension leads!!

in the real world its never that dark? even on cloudy nights?

someone must know the "sciencey bit" ...........

Dodge

Dodge

I have often wondered the same thing... the moon and city lights can both be very bright, but are virtually non-existent when compared to sunlight. You are talking about the moon giving the plants a "boost", ummnn, but not my the light that it reflects back to the earth. Funny thing is, the moon does have some control on plants and all things on earth but by its gravity more than anything. As I'm sure you know the moon controls the tides. Which means it's pull is actually incredibly strong. Soooo, I think, the moon affects the plants more in this way than by the light it reflects.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
good point Dodge..

Since prehistoric times, man has been planting and harvesting crops according to the phases of the moon. In a nutshell, it means that various plants do best when planted or harvested at certain phases.

There must be something to this stuff

All crops that produce their yield above ground should be planted during the Waxing (New to Full) Moon. The first week is especially good for crops that have their seeds on the outside, and the second week (between the 1st quarter and the Full Moon) is best for crops that produce seeds on the inside.

Moon phase gardening was believed by many generations of gardeners to be the ultimate guide to robust crops. We can either accept or omit this system of understanding the nature of plant maturation but in the end we are but stewards in this cycle of life and there are many things yet to be discovered and rediscovered. Moon phase gardening has stood the test of time and it is well worth trying.

Lots of info out there

:banana1sv6:

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

One thing to consider is that moon light is reflected light which would affect the color as well as intensity I think.

P

paulycali

The moon is super bright

They do tours throughout state parks like yosemite where you walk through the park with only the moon to guide you. Pretty cool for sure

The moon effects indoor as well as outdoor. The weather patterns tell us when its right to pop seeds, water ect

I wonder what the moons main effect is on cannabis plants

Lets see what we can find out :)

H

him

well, even though it's a small amount of light wouldn't the plants still "stretch" towards it/ follow it as it goes across the sky? One of my theories on the increased size/strength of outside plants is that they follow the sun as it slowly goes across the sky making the stems thicker from the back and forth motion, i could of course be completely wrong because i am pretty new to all of this..but the moonlight has to be somewhat beneficial even being a very small amount because its not green and from what i understand green is the only color in the light spectrum plants have no use for right?

StickiestAbyss

StickiestAbyss

the wind makes the plant move and that creates tiny fractures witch heal and strengthen the plant
not sure if its turning towards the lights does this as well.. but it could how ever so slight..

Latest posts

Top Bottom